Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Kamaljit SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old male and I am suffering from hair fall problem. My hair always remains dry and because of that there is hair problem. And I am leaving in an area where there is coal mines. Please suggest me something so I can get reed of this problem.
I used to drink more alcohol how to avoid drinking alcohol? And my inside of mouth is suffering with pimples. Side of my stomach was paining, what shall I do? Please advice.
I'm become mad on my friend. My friend is a girl. She will be always talking with other friends in phone. She told she like me. But she is not spending time with me. But I to spend my time with her. I am not getting satisfaction in our relationship. So I became very depressed. I'm in doubt whether she told truth or not. Please. Help me to overcome the depression.
My sister her age 26. She was mentally disturbed after my father was died. She is taking english medicine. But that medicine effected on her body, that means she is swelling and periods problem like that. So I request you to please give advice to her problem.
Sir I am 25 years old and doing masters but now a days I don't know when I study after 2 or 3 min my interest is going to die. So please suggest me some solution.
Doctor I am concerned about my sons. They are twins 12 yrs old active playful cheerful. Till 5 std they have achieved A+ grades in all the subjects. But in 6 std their grades came down to B+ in specific subjects like maths, hinder and sanskrit. And now in class 7 grades in all the subjects have dropped some like maths have reached D. They are really good swimmers, enjoy their karate class and also learn to play the keyboard. All these classes are only twice a week not regularly. They also love to read since they were 6 yrs old but habit has now become a menace as they want to read all books except their course books, they are even ready to read other higher standard books but their own. They have become very lazy just want to keep laying in the bed doing nothing. They just dont seem to be interested in anything. I am really worried please guide. Regards
I am a18 year old girl, l was confident about my future and decisions that l've made regarding my studies and career, but when I started to study the specified topics l was not able to follow it. L tried my best but l was not able secure the desired results, and now l feel like lam a waste, l know that I am depressed very much, what should l do to get my life back?
Dear doctor, if one's weight is reduced due to chronic anxiety, will his bad cholesterol LDL be reduced in blood?
My relatives son is 14 years old. Whenever he eats any spicy food or salty food or washes his face with soap he gets a reddish rash under the lower lip and it gets very difficult for him neither to eat or speak. He constantly complains of severe pain and had tried some antiseptic creams like borolin. The pain and the reddish rash are not subsiding. I am afraid that is some bacterial infection. Please tell me what the problem is and by using which creams he can combat this infection.
Dependent Personality Disorder
Dependent personality disorder (dpd) is one of a cluster of disorders defined by symptoms of anxiety and fear. The specific, identifying symptoms include:
- being emotionally dependent on others; feeling they can’t take care of themselves
- investing a lot of time and effort in trying to please significant people
- displaying clingy, passive and needy behavior
- avoiding disagreements for fear of losing approval and support
- experiencing separation anxiety and intense fear of abandonment
- finding it hard to be alone
- putting the needs of others before their own
- tolerating mistreatment and abuse for fear of disapproval and abandonment
- being crushed, and feeling helpless, when relationships end – and forming new relationships as soon as possible
- being unable to make even the simplest decision without the input and reassurance of others
- rarely taking the initiative
- avoiding personal responsibility
- avoiding responsible jobs and careers that require independent, autonomous functioning
- being over-sensitivity to criticism
- feeling negative and pessimistic; expecting to disappoint and fail
- having low self esteem and lacking confidence, including a belief that they are unable to care for themselves.
- The cause of disorder is still unclear, and probably includes both a genetic and environmental component. Some researchers have speculated that it could be linked to an authoritarian or overprotective parenting style – which acts as a trigger for a genetic predisposition.
Treatment is usually initially sought for some other problem or concern – such as feeling overwhelmed – so that they can’t cope with life. Also, sufferers will often have a mood disorder so they seek help for depression or anxiety at first.
The normal treatment for this particular disorder is counselling or psychotherapy. However, the emphasis is short term therapy so the person doesn’t form a dependency – and then look to the counsellor to take care of them. Prognosis with support is generally good.