Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kalyani KapdiYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old male. Suffering from right knee pain since laet 9 months. What should I do? I have consult with doctors at hindu rao hospital. Took mesicine but no relief yet. Mri shows that' impression Mr. Imaging revels----- 1. Focal cartilage thining with underlying subchondral edema at medial facet patella- likely chondromalacia patella grade-4.2. Minimal knee joint effusion. So please suggest me. Thanks.
Because of joint pain, not able to walk properly. Even not able to keep the legs straight. Any suggestion or any advice regarding medication?
I am handicapped. I lost my leg below ankle knee. I heard about limb transplant somewhere but I don't know that it's successful or not? Please help me. And if it's successful than please inform me where this operation can be done.
I am 20 years old female and have headache, backache, stomach pain and my period is also delay by 5 days. What should I do?
I feel difficult and pain while getting up from bed. I am unable to stand straight up to 10-15 minutes from bed due to hip pain that relieves after walking 10-15 minutes.
Sir today I fall from bike, bike handle hits under my left side rib. I went to ortho specialist and took one xray. Doctor said that no problem. And suggest paracetamol with diclofenac and pantop, oxalgin gel. But when I took deep breath I feel pain. Is any problem. Please respond. Suggest any precautions.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of disc in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing:
I am suffering from pain in joints along my knee please provide me better precautions therefor I getting free from it.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
Sir, I am 62 years old and i am having pain in both the knees. Also motion is not clear. Request advice.
Hi. Am.having pain in my knee joints n more than 10mims I cnt sit by folding my legs. Feeling severe pain in knew joints when am getting up from the floor. N also having leg pain sometimes. Am female 23 years old. Please suggest me helpful. Treatment.Thank you.
I am 58 years old and I am suffering with knee joint pain since 6 years. I used allopathi medicines with orthopedic professor consultant 4 years. Now I am using ayurvedic medicines. But the pain is not controlling & the leg is stiffening tight. Unable to fold/straight the leg. My work nature is site construction. I have to move /walk lengthy. I am level 2 diabetics also. Please suggest best medicines.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.