Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpesh S Date
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpesh S DateYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 11 months old. From her birth, she has been on formula feed lactogen, as her mother was unable to breast feed. We started Cerelac and ragi pudding when she was 6 months old. Over the last week or so, she has completely avoided the spoon which is why we can not give her cerelac anymore. Also, she drinks very little lactogen, like 60-90 ml every 4 hours or so. We have tried boiled rice, mashed apple and banana etc but she takes in very very less of everything. She is active but we do not see any weight gain whatsoever. In fact we feel her weight has actually reduced. She was 3.6 kgs at birth and now around 8.5 kgs. Please suggest. Again I am not complaining about the weight, but why is it she has stopped both milk and solids? We are giving esomac 10 granules morning and carmicide afternoon and evening to rule out griping or colic pain.
Hallo, doctor my son age 5 month 15 days, weight:- 5. 3kg, he had suffered the whole of heart (size-6mm). So what I can do?
I have three months small baby and she has been suffering from loose motion for four days what treatment should provide to her?
My child is 4 years old and he is always avoid having food and somebody suggested to give him kemlactin syrup so please suggest can I give him kemlactin syrup 2 times in a day.
Some Useful Tips for Fussy Eaters Are as Follows:
- A small meal with three snacks should be administered regularly.
- The meal must have a good aroma, flavor, and be colorful.
- Serve different varieties of food every time.
- Introduce something new every week.
- The food should be soft and chewable, and be according to your child's taste.
Some Lunchbox Ideas:
- Idli with coconut chutney.
- Paneer paratha with chutney or curd.
- Rajma (kidney beans) with rice, carrot, cucumber salad.
- Mung dal rice with chutney.
- Dalia khichdi with plain curd.
- Mung dal khichdi with curd.
- Soybean biryani with raita.
- Tomato rice with green chutney.
- Lemon rice with raita.
- Vegetable pulao.
- Aloo paratha with green chutney.
- Potato sandwich.
- Methi paratha with tomato chutney.
- Paneer pulao.
- Vegetable fried rice with curd.
- Veg biryani with raita.
- Vegetable uttapam with green chutney.
- Cabbage paratha with tomato chutney.
- Egg fried rice.
With the growing popularity of energy drinks among children, should I be concerned about my child consuming energy drinks?
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.