Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpesh GajiwalaYour feedback matters!
I want to smooth and clean my skin but still he rough. I do anything about it but I am not satisfied please suggest me about it.
I am a 25 yrs old female and suffering from rapid hairloss over all hair is damaged completely from last 2 yrs after childbirth no medicines and oils are helping on it. What should I do? please help.
Acne is a skin condition that is primarily caused by clogging of the hair follicles with dead skin cells and excess oil (sebum). More often than not, acne is characterized by formation of pimples around the face, neck, chest and the back of the body.
Any infection around the zits might cause abnormal swelling and intense pain.
Though common among both the sexes, acne generally develops in teenagers and can also occur in adult women prior to their menstrual cycles. Acne can cause due to hormonal imbalance, thyroid, oestrogen, progesterone. Prolactin plays important role in acne formation. Stress and oily skin also contribute to acne along with other factors.
Acne can also occur due to a side effect of certain medications such as lithium and corticosteroids. Other endocrine disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome and Polycystic ovary syndrome might be responsible for this particular condition. Acne can also stem from the excessive usage of cosmetics or other topical creams and binging on fast foods and other fried foods.
Homeopathy and Acne-
Since acne can be caused by various factors – excess oil secretion, changes in hormone levels, genetic predisposition, pollution and diet, homeopathy can be an effective way to treat acne. This is because treatment in homeopathy is individualistic and holistic. Individual examination, case analysis, your medical history, your physical, mental and emotional constitution, your age, your gender, your ethnicity, and your susceptibility to the disease are all very important considerations in determining the exact homeopathic remedy for you.
Based on these criteria, your homeopath will prescribe the most suitable remedy. The dosage and the potency of the remedy too will differ from person to person. The homeopathic preparations which are extremely effective in curing acne are as follows:
Hepar Sulpur: If the pimples are filled with pus, a very low dosage of this preparation can be useful.
Pulsatilla: If there are recurring instances of acne, especially among teenagers, this homeopathic preparation can be useful. If the acne breakouts are coupled with irregular/scanty periods, Pulsatilla can be the ‘go-to’ panacea in this case.
Kali Bromatum: Symptoms of increased sexual appetite, forgetfulness and suicidal tendencies along with acne breakouts can be taken care of with this medicine.
Calcarea Phosphoricum: If the breakouts occur with symptoms of headache, reddish tinge on the skin and dyspepsia (indigestion), this homeopathic preparation can be extremely effective.
Nux Vomica: This medication is an effective remedy for gastrointestinal problems along with mild to severe constipation and extreme sensitivity to cold.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathic and ask a free question.
I have some pimples in my face and I had tried many face wash to clear but I still suffer with this problem and my face becomes dry very soon after bath or face wash. So please help me sorting out this.
How to get rid of continuous hair fall and what are the main reasons behind it and how it can be cured?
I am 27 years old and I am facing pimple problem from 2007 to present. I took too many medicine but I could not get solution. So it`s my request to you, please suggest what should I do?
I am losing my hair and have tried all shampoo but no effect yet I am not sure what else I can do. Can you help me please with this?
There are many types of dermatitis. Symptoms can vary depending on the type of dermatitis you have:
- Contact dermatitis, caused by exposure to an irritant or allergic reaction, typically shows up as a red, itchy rash that is limited to the area of skin exposed to the substance.
- Nummular dermatitis, common in people who have dry skin or live in dry environments, shows up as red, itchy, circular patches of weeping, scaly, or crusted skin.
- Seborhic dermatitis called cradle cap in infants, causes greasy, yellowish scales on the scalp and eyebrows, behind the ears, and around the nose.
- Stasis dermatitis causes scaling and swelling of the lower legs. Sometimes ulcerated or open skin appears inside the lower legs and around the ankles.
- Atopic dermatitis(eczema) can cause extreme, persistent skin itchiness. However, many times, itchiness results simply from dry skin.
6 Mistakes in Self-Treating Acne
Acne is a very common problem that affects people, mostly teenagers worldwide. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication. However, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to avoid unwanted complications. The following common but serious mistakes should be avoided while self-treating acne:
1. Fight acne the dermatologist way: During adolescence, hormonal imbalance is one of the major factors resulting in acne. However, factors like prolonged illness, pollution, dermatological problems cannot be sidelined either. It should be noted that acne is an inflammation which needs proper investigation. A dermatologist should be consulted at the very onset. Use of any medicated lotions or creams without proper recommendation can aggravate the problem.
2. The lesser the better: Using too many products at a time will do you more harm than good. Use one product at a time. If you think a product can magically treat your acne in a day, then you are in for some disappointment. Optimism is good, but being realistic is better. Not all products show positive results in a day. One needs to have patience. Use the product diligently for a week before trying out a new product.
3. Complete what you started: It is a crime to stop any medications mid way. Complete the full course of the medication, even if your acne is fully treated.
4. Popping away to ugly spots and scars: Popping or picking only worsens the inflammation and acne. It will leave your face with some really ugly spots. When the acne head turns white, do not try to squeeze it out. Show some resilience. It is a very common mistake that should be strictly avoided.
5. Exfoliants should be chosen carefully. Understand your skin type well. Micro-beads-enriched exfoliants are the best to use. Avoid scrubbing or over washing the face. Always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. If you are into make-ups, remove them before retiring to bed. Use make-ups that suit your skin type. Minimal application of make-up is advisable in case of acne.
6. Many well wishers might suggest innumerable acne treatments. Listen to all, but choose what you feel and know is the best.
A flawless and acne-free face is very much achievable.
I don't know This is a minor or major problem I loose hairs only in shampoo oiling or some time in comb Quantity 20to 30 regular loosing hairs in shampoo comb or oiling Is this normal or major.
I am facing a tremendous hair fall problem. I have tried all anti hair fall hair oils. What should I do?
I am 17+ old male. I have a problem of hair fall. It is really suffering for me. So what I need to do for it?
I am 22 years old female. I am experiencing hair fall for last 1 yr.in between that year I consulted with ayurvedic doctor and my hair fall stopped. And now I am again facing hair fall. And I think that my hair fall is due to overuse of mobile phone especially late at night while reading on it. I am still consulting the same doctor but not getting result anymore.
Lybrate | Dr. Nilam Kothari speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY