Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana S. Trivedi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana S. TrivediYour feedback matters!
Burning set action after latrine and burning sensation on penis after night fall. And abdominal pain.
Erectile problem with me from last 2 year, I am diabetic patient, my sugar level is 135/170. I am taking homeopathic medicine from last 8 months for the purpose but no any result. Please suggest.
Sir mam I am doing 2nd year of MBBS I am testing dlc of HIV/aids patient. When I am washing the slide without gloves I got cut but don't know if I bleed. So I want to ask if I am at risk of HIV.
Dear doctor, Past many days I am facing erectile dysfunction problems. I will be having strong erection while watching porn movies but I loose erection later immediately. I am not suffering from diabetes. Whether there is permanent solution for erectile dysfunction. Any medicine s are their. What type of medicine s are their. I know about Viagra ,cialis etc. Whether there are any other medicine s which will solve the problem permanently. Kindly guide me as I am going to marry shortly.
I want to know I have itching issue. Body turns out to be black and always irritating especially in summer. Please let me know what to do.
Hai doctor, I'm 22 age ,and my question is, my pennis is bent downward so what steps should I take to make straight.
Cardiomyopathy is a serious heart disease. It is a disease associated with the heart muscle or myocardium. In this disease, the heart muscles get weak and fails to pump blood to the organs of the body. It has several categories. The categorization depends upon the range of factors. In this disease, irregular heartbeat is observed. These irregularities can lead to heart failure or attack or can trigger problems in the valves. It is important to take care of your heart to avoid such a condition. It is also advisable to see a doctor as soon as the symptoms are noticed to avoid greater damage.
Types of Cardiomyopathy
This disease can be divided into four categories. These are as follows:
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: It is the most common type. It occurs at a time when the heart muscle gets too weak to pump blood properly. The muscles of the heart get thinner and weak. In fact, this also leads to the expansion of the heart chambers. In common terms, it is also referred to as enlarged heart. In most cases, this is inherited or caused by some coronary artery disease.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is genetically transferred to the patient. In this condition, the heart walls get thicker and this hinders the smooth flow of blood. It is one of the most common types of Cardiomyopathy.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD): This is a very rare form. It can cause sudden death, especially in young athletes. In this disease, fat and fibrous tissues are responsible for replacing the muscles in the right ventricle. This leads to an abnormal rhythm.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: It occurs as the ventricles of the heart get stiff and are unable to relax. This prevents them from getting filled up with blood. Under this situation, you might have to go for a heart transplant.
- Other Types: Some of the other types include Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (the one which occurs after pregnancy), Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy (happens due to excessive intake of alcohol) and Ischemic Cardiomyopathy.
Treatment of Cardiomyopathy
The treatment of Cardiomyopathy depends upon the extent of damage caused. It might not require treatment if symptoms are not very troublesome or prominent. It may be dealt with certain lifestyle changes, adjustments and medications, in cases those needs to be addressed.
Tips to deal with Cardiomyopathy
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
2. Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
3. Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
4. Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
5. Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
6. Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
7. Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes.
8. Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Workout and exercise on regular basis.
9. Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.