Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana PalepYour feedback matters!
The signs of gingivitis are:
1. Bleeding gums, especially when brushing or eating
2. Redness and swelling of the gum.
The good news is that gingivitis can be reversed.
You might think it is best to stop brushing if your gums are red or puffy. Try to keep brushing, as this will get rid of the bacteria and plaque that is causing the problem. Soon the gums should look and feel better. If not, see your dentist for proper treatment.
I brush 2 times per day , and I am using mouth wash, but still the problem bad smell from mouth remains , what is the reason for that?
I'm 33 years old. I undergone orthodontics treatment on 2 days back, my tests slightly in front, I wanted to know what are the precaution to be taken to eat and drink, can hot tea, coffee can be taken? Non veg can eat or not, Which toothpaste can be useful? Please suggest.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers last 4 years. When I take medicine one week it'll be cure but after some days is again came back mouth ulcers can you suggest me. What can I do?
When dentist pullout teeth on lower jaw left side then after I have headache on left side. Please advise me.
I meena Prajapati, 22 year old. I am ailing within my teeth problem. I am using Colgate pain out for relief and also taking some pain killer but don't feel proper relief. What should I do please suggest?
Second thing you can do is go to dentist for saying him/her hello and get your teeth clinically examined at least twice in a year.
The above tips are time tested and reliable.
If you can do that much, you are sure to stay out of that dental chair majority of times.
Actually I hav replaced my front two teeth last couple of years back. And now the teeth hav become yellow in middle of the two teeth. So I want to consult a doctor for replacing or there is any other source.
I am 22 year old. My teeth are not in shape, not looks good while laughing and talking with others. So I want treatment with my teeth in order to reshape them.
Mai ab gutkha nahi khata lekin tobaco use karta hu. Ab mera muh kam khulta hai. Keval do ungli muh me jaati hai. Koi upay our medicine bataye.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!