Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana M PatrawalaYour feedback matters!
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common forms of abnormal uterine bleeding. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods are polyps, fibroids, adenomyosis, cancer of the uterus and cervix and sometimes certain medications.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen.
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium.
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting.
- Dilation and curettage - scraping of the uterus is done.
- Hysteroscopy - Hysteroscopy is done to look into the womb to find if anything wrong with the lining and D&C done to send material for testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Kya koi disease ho jiski vajah se aisa hota ho ki blowjob karne se sperm ka reproductive system mai jaane ka khtra hota ho. We are scared from pregnancy.
Mene ek anjaan girl se sex kar liya bina protection ke, 8 day after my penis ke andar tej jalan wala dard hone laga at the time ,mene a dermatologist ko dikhaya after 1 month test HIV and vdrl negative nikla after 3 month HIV and vdrl negative hai, after 5 month hsv-2 negative ,vdrl negative, HIV negative, mene kayi Dr. ko dikhaya par jalan kam to ho gayi par Jo infaction hai WO puri tarah nahi ja raha hai kon sa infaction hai ye bhi pata nahi chal raha urine me smell aati hai smell bhi khatm nahi hui mujhe kya ho sakta hai and headche.
I had sex on 9th June 2017. I had taken ipill after 3 hrs of intercourse it was a protected sex too he used condom in every sex. Even after tat I ate ipill. Will I be pregnant. My date is on 19th June der is no symptoms till now. Today as 12th june.
I am 30 years old .i am having a doubt me and my wife have sex in her period time of 5th day. She bleeds during sex and the blood spreads overs my pennis is there any cause of getting hiv or aids .we both don't have aids and I am having doubt. Is there any chance to get hiv during period when she bleeds. Please answer my question as soon as possible.
Hi Doctor, Am married- me and wife trying to get baby, so we tried to have sex frequently last one week (alternative date). I ejaculate with sleeping position. Her periods date ends on 6th this month_ from the periods end till now I have ejaculate 7 to 8 times. When I ejaculate all my sperms coming out from hervagina. And she peeing urine in bathrooms and cleaning with water. Here my question this time will she get pregnancy? When shall I start seeing the symptoms?
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
In today's culture, the modern man needs to know how to properly navigate his way through the messy, tangled maze of casual sex. However you're causally doing it, it has it's pros and cons.
Freedom, baby: Casual coitus means zero commitment. There is no wining, there is no dining hell, certain situations flirting is overkill. You get in, get off and get out.
It saves time: I like you, you like me, we like sex, mentality conserves precious minutes in your busy day. You're drunk, you're horny, it's 3 am, and the last thing you want to have to do is impress someone.
Lower expectations: When you know you're never going to date this person, or see them again, the pressure to perform relaxes. Lower expectations allow you to really let go, be yourself (or someone else) and enjoy. So go ahead, get weird?
Orgasms are good for you: As we recently learned, orgasms not only strengthen your immune system, but climaxing also releases chemicals that boost levels of estrogen and testosterone, which can improve the tone and texture of your skin and hair. Ipso facto, your orgasms make you hot don't wait for 'the one' when you could be having multiple and getting better looking by the minute.
Stress relief: According to one study, casual sex actually has a positive effect on the psychological well being of those who have liberal views on sex. So, carefree sex will actually alleviate anxiety and boost your self-esteem.
STDs, etc sorry to take it there, but these are the stakes. Nothing takes the sexy out of sex like something that requires medical attention. Want to know what else kills your casual vibe? A baby. Wrap it up, play it safe.
Walk of shame: While walking home to a house of dudes celebrating your overnight escapades makes you feel like the man, in reality, the walk of shame can be disorienting and uncomfortable, and is often accompanied by a serious hangover. If you find yourself in a morning-after situation, it also means you slept over, a'no-no' in the casual sex department. Sleepovers will only lead to emotional attachment, which leads us to point.
Emotions: If you're casually sexing the same person on the reg, you run the risk of someone eventually feeling feelings. One minute you're enjoying a mutually satisfying, purely sexual encounter, the next you're being dragged through the jungian mud. Suddenly, sex gets sticky in all the wrong ways.
Avoid inevitable disaster by watching for certain warning signs:
1. She divulges personal information outside of dirty talk
2. She wants to take secret selfies with you
3. She texts to ask how your day is going.
Fatal attraction: No one wants a stage 5 clinger. This type of crazy is probably great in the sack, but not worth the wear-and-tear in the long run. Before you know it, you're message is blowing up, find my friends has been installed on your phone and she's showing up at your place of work. Run, do not walk, away from the stage 5 clinger.
Thalassaemia, which is commonly referred to as thal, is a disorder of the blood which is inherited from the previous generation. This condition triggers the production of abnormal red blood cells in the body which in turn paves the way for chronic anaemia. Red blood cells play an indispensable role in carrying oxygen all through the body and hence any abnormality in this regard can result in thalassemia, the symptoms of which include, weakness all over the body, fatigue, faint and shortness of breath.
Understanding the type of thalassemia:
Thalassaemia is often thought to be an iron deficiency disease (anaemia), but can be differentiated with the aid of certain blood tests. This disease is a lifelong condition which requires efficient management. The type of thalassemia an individual is suffering from can be attributed to the number of faulty genes the person has inherited.
The two variants of thalassaemia are beta and alpha. In the case of alpha thalassemia, having one faulty gene would lead to no health problems while two faulty genes can cause mild anaemia. If there are three mutated genes, it will cause Haemoglobin H disease, and regular blood transfusions may be required. But an unborn child with four mutated genes will not be viable enough to survive the pregnancy.
The beta thalassaemia also comes in various forms. The beta thalassaemia major needs lifelong transfusion of blood and it is the most common form of thalassaemia across the world. The beta thalassemia intermedia do not have to depend on blood transfusion.
The treatment option for mild thalassaemia is entirely dependent on the type of the disease and how intense it is. When the disease is on a mild and minor level, then there may not be need of any comprehensive treatment. But at times, blood transfusions become necessary especially after undergoing surgery or when the thalassaemia causes complications.
People who are affected by severe levels of beta thalassaemia will require transfusion of blood from time to time. The treatment also causes an overload of iron and thus it is important to remove the surplus iron content. There are several oral medications available for this, and the healthcare provider can recommend suitable medications.
Managing moderate to severe thalassaemia:
Some of the most general methods of managing and treating thalassaemia include
- Frequent blood transfusions: When the thalassaemia gets too severe, it becomes necessary to opt for blood transfusion after every few weeks. The blood transfusion can cause iron build up with the passage of time. This, in turn, can affect the heart and lungs along with other crucial organs. Therefore, it is important to take medicines that can eliminate the extra iron.
- Stem cell transplant: Also referred to as the bone marrow transplant, the stem cell transplant can be the best bet. It is recommended for kids who are born with severe thalassaemia. This treatment option can mitigate the need of a lifelong transfusion of blood and intake of drugs for controlling the iron overload.
I am a 26 years old unmarried girl. I am suffering from PCOS since 2009. I have tried various allopathic and homeopathic treatments but the problem kept coming back once the medicines stopped. I am currently taking Patanjali medicines: Kanchnar Guggul, Dashmularishta, street Rasayan Vati, Punarvadi Mandoor, Udramrit Vati. I have been taking these medicines since the last 3 months but there has only been a marginal improvement. I am also fed up of not being able to loose weight. Is the above course of treatment right?
Hi doctor in this date of 3 me and my husband have sex and I got an period on 5 if any chance of pregnancy.
I am 22 yrs old female, when I go out during summer my body gets heated up due to sun rays like fever but not the fever. What can I do?
Please. Tell me the name of medicine by which I can get quick periods by aborting 25 days pregnancy.
My friend is five months pregnant, suffering from mod to severe morning sickness. She is taking some tablet morning and eveigin, prescribed by her doctor. What else can be done.
I am 24 years married female. And I have irregular periods for the past 1 yr. I consulted a gynecologist. I don't have PCOD, and I am taking femilon tablets from January to till date. Do I have the chances of bearing a baby naturally wit out the aid of doctors and other like IVF. Moreover how long do I need to continue this tablets to make my periods regular. I worried a lot about baby. Please give me a good solution.
I touched my girl below, inside her shorts but just outside the underwear, and she is also wearing a pad, I also sucked her breasts, after that she gave me a hand job, and got some semen on her arm, she should be having her menstruation between 15 and 19, its already the 24th and still nothing, is there a possibility of her being pregnant? She had regular periods all her life, this is the first time it got delayed.
My wife is 3 months pregnant this her first pregnancy, age 23 year, no any abortion before this pregnancy Last night when I press her boobs, the milk come from them It's worries?
11 tips to overcome loneliness
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to 're-parent' themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like 'I am too fat for anybody to want to date' I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say 'or' people never seem to understand me,
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as 'I am perfectly lovable just as I am' and 'I welcome love, friendship and support into my life'
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com is an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!
Me and my gf just got married. We both are virgins. I am unable to penetrate her as the vagina is very small and she becomes tense in anticipation of the pain. I have been inserting a finger for last 2 days. Was able to insert my penis by a inch but the pain was unbearable for her. Also after trying for 15-20 seconds, I also lose my erection. Please suggest a solution. Also, Should we be using a lube? If yes, which one? Thanks.
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution
Please get a PAP Smear done before starting local estrogen and keep a follow up with your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.