Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
HI I am from Chandigarh my baby is 1 year and 5 month old she is very active fit and fine (weight 12 kg) but the only problem we are facing that she did't eat any thing except milk from the birth, that also we have to give forcefully to her. We visited a a child specialist they did hd test and according to report hb is just 7.4 We are in big trouble what to do regarding her meal I believe we tried all meal but nothing is working, please suggest the correct way. Thanks.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Is it healthwise safe for a less than one month old infant to travel through train for approx 24 hour long journey?
My Children is suffering from Cough frequently her age is 2.5 year and another 4 years can you suggest what to do?
Can 6 to 8-year-old baby eat himalaya calcium tablet reosto, if yes it ok ,if no please suggest me some best calcium tablet for baby?
1.Most febrile seizures occur in the first few hours of a fever, during the initial rise in body temperature.It occurs usually in children in age groups 3mths -5-6yrs.
2.Most febrile seizures last only a few minutes and are accompanied by a fever above 101°F (38.3°C). Although they can be frightening for parents, brief febrile seizures (less than 15 minutes) do not cause any long-term health problems.
3.Having a febrile seizure does not mean a child has epilepsy.
4Children at highest risk for recurrence are those who have:
their first febrile seizure at a young age (younger than 18 months)
a family history of febrile seizures
a febrile seizure as the first sign of an illness
a relatively low temperature increases with their first febrile seizure
What should be done in case of febrile seizure:
>Note the start time of the seizure. If the seizure lasts longer than 5 minutes, call an ambulance.
> The child should be taken immediately to the nearest medical facility for diagnosis and treatment.
>Call an ambulance if the seizure is less than 5 minutes but the child does not seem to be recovering quickly.
>Gradually place the child on a protected surface such as the floor or ground to prevent accidental injury. Do not restrain or hold a child during a convulsion.
>Position the child on his or her side or stomach to prevent choking. When possible, gently remove any objects from the child’s mouth. Nothing should ever be placed in the child's mouth during a convulsion. These objects can obstruct the child's airway and make breathing difficult.
>Seek immediate medical attention if this is the child’s first febrile seizure and take the child to the doctor once the seizure has ended to check for the cause of the fever. This is especially urgent if the child shows sym.ptoms of stiff neck, extreme lethargy, or abundant vomiting, which may be signs of meningitis, an infection over the brain surface.
Hi. I am from India and my son is 2 years 5 months. His birth weight was 2.89 kgs. He is a very fussy eater. He does not drink milk while he is awake, so I have to feed him with a bottle when he sleeps I am giving him tonoferon drops and ostocalcium syrup but not regularly. Please suggest if I can add all change his Iron and Calcium supplements.
My baby is one month old and is spitting milk after almost every breastfeed. It is watery milk. Kindly suggest me is it safe or not? Thanks.
My 2 years old son looks very lean and short. Please suggest me foods which will increase his height and weight doctor.
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
Competition with Others,
Desires not getting fulfilled,
Relationship related concerns,
Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances and much more. Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors. Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression:
Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
Irritability: Low tolerance level.
Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults. In the initial stages or in the milder form or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally free from side effects and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.