Find numerous Bariatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Bariatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kaiomarz P BalsaraYour feedback matters!
For reduction in body weight ,how many eggs to be eaten as breakfast. Whether taken as boiled eggs or omelet and whether yellow yolk can be eaten or not.
What's the ideal weight for my height? And how to reduce weight naturally from chest and hips part of the body?
I am 45 years old female. My weight is 82 kgs. From last one year I am observing that my tummy is increasing in size very much. And sometimes I get severe stomachache and frequent urine infection. I did usg but report is normal. Please suggest something.
Hello, i am an obese teenager, i want to loose my weight, when i was 11 years old i suffered from typhoid twice in a year after that my weight is increasing consequently even if there is no change in my diet. Before that i was absolutely slim and healthy, my weight is 114 kg and height is 5.9 now. I am 19, college going student, i am suffering from hypertension since one year. Dieting is not my cup of tea, but i am not prone to eat junk food in fact my frequency of eating outside food is once or twice in a month. I have tried every possible way to reduce my weight but i get no result. I am a kind of jolly person so criticism of people does not bother me. But now i want to get rid off this extra weight that i am carrying since 7 years, sometimes it is so frustrating that my mind starts negative thoughts. My field of study is food science and quality control so i know what to eat and what not. But it makes no sense. Please help me.
I am suffering with very high stomach pain during periods time, How I can reduce please give me suggestions?
While it is common news that alcohol consumption leads to weight gain, recent studies have made a startling discovery, wherein long term moderate drinkers have shown symptoms of maintaining an optimal weight, even losing excess fat more than those who abstain from drinking at all. While harder alcoholic drinks are more likely to affect the liver and hence the level of fat in the body, weight gain because of alcohol is also dependent on a number of other factors like how often you drink or how much you drink in one session. This is compounded by each individual's capability to metabolize the alcohol, or work it off.
It is important to know how many calories your drink accounts for:
- Tequila, whiskey, rum and their other variations have more or less the same amount of calories.
- Beer constitutes a little more calorific value than those mentioned above, while wine and champagne have the least amount of calories among proper alcoholic drinks. This is why wine should be the preferred drink for those more susceptible to weight gain.
- Cocktails like margaritas or pina coladas have at least four times the number of calories than unmixed drinks. So, one must proceed with caution while ordering endless free cocktails at a party.
- If cocktails are your thing, opt for a Bloody Mary, it has lesser calories. People more prone to consume a high calorie diet on a regular basis, or are already overweight, tend to put on more weight even after moderate alcohol consumption.]
- Also remember that drinking small amounts frequently leads to weight loss rather than the misconception of drinking copious amounts at long intervals.
- Doctors even prescribe a daily glass of wine with and after dinner nowadays. Studies stipulated the optimal number of drinks per week to four, maximum five.
- One drink per day in case of women, and two for men is a good regimen to get you started with losing weight through alcohol consumption.
- You must also be careful about the food you accompany your drinks with; make sure their high calorie value does not unsettle the entire process.