Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K S WadaYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam My child is 5 months old.in blood test c.reactive protein test ranges 37.5 . Is it any serious factor? Please help.
My baby boy is going to be 6 months this 29 he' s on bf plus morning & night nan pro 1 please advice a schedule to start semi solids in how much quantity and gap if days or should I continue nan pro 2 or start packet milk
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.
Can I give both ostocalcium and orofer XT syrup to my son together, if yes then can it be given at same time or at different time interval.
what is minimum sugar level in new born baby? Is it possible that a new born baby has a low sugar level (in between 30 to45)?
Sir, my daughter is just 4.5yrs old. She often complaints for stomach ache for which I have got her duly examined. She occasionally gets urine infection reported. We have consulted the doctors regarding the repetition of the infection after every 6-7 months. The doctor prescribes the medicine and she gets well but the infection comes again, the repetition at such a tender age is a matter of great worry. Kindly help and suggest. I shall be highly obliged. Thanking you.
Its an issue about my son he is 2 years old and has not spoken any word such as mumma or papa etc. He just speaks random things which makes no sense, he get things done by grabbing our finger n taking us to what ever he wants. I am getting concerned now, is this some thing to worry about and how long will it take my son to talk. Please provide guidance.
My son is 8 yrs old and he is thin every month he is suffering from cold and fever I consult pediatrician he recommend pediasure for him. I m giving him from 2 yrs he is so active and less fell ill but still he is thin may be I m not giving him right dose of milk or pediasure. Kindly suggest me some healthy tips for him and also quantity of milk and pediasure and how many times in a day he has to drink.
My daughter she is of 1 year 2 months old and we are going to hoshiarpur punjab in marriage at december end so what precaution should be taken as it would be very cold.
We aborted our first unwanted pregnancy through Homeopathy medicines . After such months we planned and got pregnant again but after two months doctor explained for d&c coz doctor says baby is not growing through scanning . Is it now possible to get pregnant and born a baby . Suggest Pls .
Hello. I have given Syrup Duphalac to my 3 years old daughter Zahra for constipation for past 3 days But the stool still seems to be hard and she is having pain it seems and hence has not passed stool for past 3 days. Pls advise.
My son is just 4 months old and I am lactating him. Can I have green tea with lemon and honey? Does the drink reduce breast milk?
My daughter loves to watch TV Ipad same time but only during holidays otherwise I'm strict about it is that cause any problems please advise.
My relative son age is 5 yrs. Boy is suffering from hyperactivity. He won't listen what we says, he is completely out of our world. He won't sit at one place. Simply he shouts. While making sound he il close his eyes & ears with hand. Everything he got late from childhood like walking, talking. Etc. And he don't know how to eat with his hands some one should make him to eat daily. How to reduce it. How to recover him as a normal child. Please suggest me.
My child of 4 yrs have repeated c/o headache. At the age of 1 & 1/2 yrs, he suffered from a 3 inch wound due to hitting of a swing. No symptoms of vomitting like thenafter, but nowa days he recurrantly c/o headache. Please guide me for that.
Hi my baby has 12 months old. He effected with cough and cold. I am giving him nebulization. Could you please tell me for cough medicine.
6 days ago
Best way to keep small babies warm is to keep them curduled with mother.Small babies do not produce heat to keep warm,they get heat from outside.By keeping them with mother,they get heat from her.