Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K S WadaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My baby is 6 months old now. Want to start solids. Which brand is good like cerelac ,nestum or fresh. And for first time which flavour! it will ne helpful thank you.
My kid he is just 3 years old what type of food I can give him to get normal weight. He is just 7kgs.
My 5 years old daughter is having burning sensation while passing urine? Does she have a urine infection? Also she is having frequent urination with only drops of urine coming out?
My son was born in 19-nov-2010, now he is supposed to have mmr and dpt (or dapt) injection. May you please suggest the right place to get the vaccination done and the actual branded name of the injection. Any precautions we should do in advance? - I fear to approach to any random doctor as those demands hefty fee and my suggest expensive vaccination, and not sure whether they are saying right. My wife suffering from gallbladder problem on her abdominals, I would like to get the ultrasound for abdominals, any appropriate suggestions on that part?
Hi. My daughter age 9 years and weighs 18 kg from past 2 years. Can you suggest any health drink for her. M giving nutritious food as well. Pls help.
My son is 5 year old and he is suffering frequently with cold and cough then fever. every time we go to out doctor he prescribe three days dose of antibiotic and sinarest. He find this is happening because of the toncilis. pls advice as three days dose gives him relief for temporarily and again and again same thing is happening. this time we discussed with the doctor about the same and he changed the antibiotic and said this is due to the weather.
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.
My daughter is 3 years old. I have given all the vaccines as per schedule till date. Are vaccines for flu and pneumonia absolutely required to give her?
As babies develop in the mother's womb, there can be many factors, which could hamper normal growth in the embryo. These can result in deformities within the physiology of the baby. One area is bone tissue growth, which in early stages is still cartilage, and can manifest within the baby as deformed feet.
The incidence of deformed feet in infants, although not very common, is still prevalent enough to warrant certain fields of study as to why they happen and their remedies.
Reasons for foot deformities in infants
Some of the reasons for foot deformities within infants are mentioned below:
1. Genetic or hereditary problems - Some problems are passed from one generation to the other, although it may not manifest in the older generations.
2. Infections to the mother during pregnancy - If the mother contracted a disease during pregnancy or had an infection, it can have adverse effects on the developments of the baby and cause deformities.
3. Side effects of medications - If the mother was under medication, side effects of certain medications can cause hormonal imbalances resulting in deformities.
4. Hormonal imbalances - Certain hormonal imbalances present in the mother's body due to overlooked problems may cause issues with the baby's development and result in foot or other physical deformities.
Correction of Foot Deformities
Most corrective measures for foot deformities entail surgery as severe problems can be only corrected through that. These measures may also include other methods such as physiotherapy, massages, and training.
Let's look at some of the techniques, which are used to correct deformities, either in combinations or as standalone techniques.
- Corrective surgery - This is the most common and usually the most recommended course of action as anything above mild deformities will have to be corrected through surgeries. Most surgeries entail lengthy recuperating periods and follow ups.
- Corrective footwear - Milder foot deformities can be corrected with special footwear or setting devices such as special braces and supports to correct the problems.
- Physiotherapy - Certain forms of physiotherapy are effective in correcting mild forms of deformities. However, this tool is usually deployed in conjunction with surgeries to speed up the healing process
- Exercises - Certain deformities can only be changed with the help of exercise over a long period of time and cannot be fixed quickly even via surgery and thus, will need special care for long periods of time.
Related Tip: Early Childhood Trauma - Reasons and Diagnosis
45 days vaccination given to my child. Dr. suggested pcv and Rota virus vaccination also to give which is optional. How does it help my child? Will my child find difficulty after vaccinated?
In 3.5 years 3 time's my daughter suffering high fever in this time also suffering feet. We take report of EEG and doctor find abnormal activity now I have a second opinion what can I do ?
My daughter is 5 months old. I am giving her multivitamin drops with zinc as advised by her pediatritian. Can I give her calcarea phosphorica pills in addition? please advice
My daughter is 7 months old. Her weight is 5.25 kg. She is so active but not increasing her weight. I am giving raging sari and vitamin drops. Doctor please tell me some tips. What food shall I give or not give? his birth weight is 2.5 KGS.
2 years old baby last one he had stomach pain, we consulted Doctor, they tell to take scan, after seen scan report they said "left renal pelvis mildly dilated AP-17 mm. Left renal cortical thickness-13 mm" Impression: 1) LEFT HYDRONEPHROSIS, 2) CYSTITIS, and they said to take cultural test. So please suggest and give what the problem is and which Dr. to consult.
My 1 year old baby is suffering from cold from last 2 days I have give her wikoryl syrup4 ml. Is this medicine and dosage is right?
I was born a baby in Feb 2015 and my period is starting from this month but not regularly why is it a problem?
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.