Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K S SavlaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from gastritis and acidity. I'm taking sompraz d40 daily one tablet, after taking I feel nice whole day. Should I continue this medication for 6-8 months, and does sompraz also causes some side effect when taken for long time? please reply, I'm in deep need of help!
Sir I'm 19 years old, since last 4 days I have some drops of blood in stools please tell me the reason is this a serious issue.
Hi sir, Please advice can I take bhumi amalaki powder to keep my liver and digestive system healthy if yes than please advice quantity also.
2 day before I have acidity and pain like fire and something at the bottom of chest which pain after 1to 2 minutes. And when I takes food and drink water it pain very hard So please help me.
I am suffering frm indigestion and acidic problems due to the removal of gallbladder suggest me something.
I am a 35yr old male and have chronic acidity problem. I am hepatitis B+. What should I do. I already taking HOMEOPATHY treatment from the last 2 YEAR.
I am 25 years old. Every night I hv a lot of problem in my upper side of belly. Whn I eat sme rich food thn I hv prblm in digestion. My belly hv getting big as my figure. I do sm free hnd exercise daily. Bt nthg improvement. Wht cn I do nw. Plss suggest me.
Sir give me the advice how to maintain the proper diet and how could we know it is in digestive system. Let me tell is there any medicine s in Ayurveda.
I am about 53 yrs old male in sales trade where I have to make regular journey through bus/train/bike. I drink also. Since april 2014 I have develop a back pain (lower part of the back) it started after loose motion. During morning hour when I leave bed it disturb me a lot. I use to take omeprazole medicine to avoid acidity since 2 yrs, at least 20 days a month. I want complite rest from this problem.
I am a 77-year old male. Have been taking mag phos 200 x nat phos 200 x 4 pills of each twice a day with warm water for almost 2 months for regulating acidity and strengthening my nerves and muscles. Are there any adverse effects of these medicines in the long run? Please advise.
Hi doctor ,I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease from last 2 year .My body Weight is 95 kg and Height is 5 feet 9 inch. I have done liver test that shows ast and alt increase so my question is that how can I repair to fatty liver and reduce my fat. I am suffering from stress also from last few days. What do Hepaxa m tablet in case of fatty liver. Please help me.
I had severe pain in my lower abdomen so I went for ultrasound.in reports, 18 mm subserosa fibroid is found in anterior wall. So I want to know is their anything serious in this? Is this d reason for pain? N is it cured by medicines?
I have pain in my lower abdomen. I took many medicines but it didn't work. Can you please suggest me proper treatment.
I am suffering from acidity problems. These types of problem began after my gall bladder surgery. please suggest me remedies.
Gallstones are actually hard deposits or lumps that are formed in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a pear-shaped, a sac-like structure that is located in the upper-right part of the abdomen that stores bile. Many people have gallstones present in their bladder but they never know it. This can be an alarming situation for people who have it.
What Causes Gallstones?
There may be several reasons, including:
- Your genes
- Your weight
- Problems with your gallbladder
- Bile can be part of the problem. Your body needs bile, but if it has too much cholesterol in it, that makes gallstones more likely.
- It can also happen if your gallbladder can’t empty properly.
Who Is at Risk for Gallstones?
While your body produces cholesterol naturally, you can also take in excess cholesterol through your diet. Many risk factors for gallstones are related to diet. These include:
- Being overweight or obese
- Eating a diet that’s high in fat or cholesterol
- Rapid weight loss within a short period of time
- Eating diet that’s low in fiber
- Having diabetes mellitus
What are the treatments available for this?
- Surgery: One of the famous treatments include surgeries. The famous surgery is Cholecystectomy (Removal of the gallbladder) that further includes Laparoscopic surgery and Open cholecystectomy.
- Medications: The patients who cannot undergo surgeries can also use drugs like ursodiol and chenodiol. But this can take months or years to remove stones from the bladder.
You can reduce your risk of gallstones if you:
- Don't skip meals. Try to stick to your usual meal times each day. Skipping meals or fasting can increase the risk of gallstones.
- Lose weight slowly. If you need to lose weight, go slow. Rapid weight loss can increase the risk of gallstones. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds (about 0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity and being overweight increase the risk of gallstones. Work to achieve a healthy weight by reducing the number of calories you eat and increasing the amount of physical activity you get. Once you achieve a healthy weight, work to maintain that weight by continuing your healthy diet and continuing to exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.