Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K S SavlaYour feedback matters!
For couple of days I feel internal fever. But no temperature at all. In thermometer is normal. Sometimes I feel internal heat in my stomach. And I have also mildly headache and I have also floaters in eye. I have also bowel problem. I eat vegetables but I have one time diarrhea in whole day. I feel internal fever. But no fever in thermometer.
I am 47 years old male and have psychiatric (depression, anxiety) for the last 6 years. I am taking medicine paxidep cr 12.5 Now I am ok. Can I leave the medicine. I have also grade 2 fatty liver. What Should I do.
Hi I am 25years old boy I feel gases moving from throat to my upper back I feel suffocated at that time & I had taken antidepressants which makes me relax for a period of time but it occurs time & again please suggest me the treatment for this & tell me what condition is this & what should I eat & how can I get rid of this. Thanks.
I am having constipation problem for a very long time. Because of it I keep burping all the time. Most of the time when gas forms and comes from lower part of my stomach to up then I feel like my chest will be pearsed. My belly has become large because of these problems.
I have gastric problem for over 2 year what should I do. I am taking medicine regularly medicine work for some hour only.
Hi sir am 23 years old am getting blood in my stool from last 3days what is the problem for me why am getting like that is it cancer?
I have seen a 1 small white worm in my poop today! I have gas problem and sometimes pain in abdomen. What should I do?
Hi. My father is a patient of anemia. He is facing the digestive and gas issues. Does peppermint tea is good for him, if yes, then which time he may take this after meal of before meal. How many cup he may take in a day.
Hi. I am male 22, from last 1 week everyday when I poop in the morning, my ass is burning a lot and blood is also coming. That pain is carrying out till after noon and it's unbearable. Please suggest me a cream or tablet.
I'm 15 and my chest hurts right between my ribs but above my stomach hurts and I don't know why it's been going on for a few hours every once and a while When I get up When I go to sit down.
From the last 6 years I have constant pimples on my face. I apply cream on it. Temporarily it gets cleaned but then appear again. I have done ultra sound a lot of time. But it shows nothing. They just say I have gas problem. Wat to do.
Been suffering from gastric problem from the last 2-3 years. From a week I've been having gas travelling in my left arm. Just wanted to know is it possible for gas to travel in a person's arm? Reply at the earliest would b very helpful.
My child is 10 years old she got affect digestion problems. So she haven't hungry. What medicines needed her?
This surgery involves the removal of Gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ that lies right beneath the right side of the liver. The main function of the gallbladder is to collect and concentrate bile, which is a digestive juice produced by liver after eating, aiding digestion. The most common disorder of the digestive system is presence of Gallstones, which are the stones made up of a mixture consisting of cholesterol, bile pigment and calcium salts.
These Gallstones don’t cause any problems in most cases. But prompt treatment is required if stones block ducts and cause infections and inflammation in the pancreas. This may lead to removal of the gallbladder through a surgery, known as cholecystectomy, which further includes techniques such as laparoscopic (keyhole) cholecystectomy or open surgery.
Although it is a less vital organ, the body can cope up even after removal.
Procedure of surgery:
- The surgery involves removal of gallbladder and gallstones through several incisions in the abdomen. In order to see clearly, the surgeon inflates the abdomen with air or carbon dioxide.
- A lighted scope attached to a video camera is inserted into one incision near the belly button. The video monitor is used as a guide for inserting other surgical instruments into the other incisions to remove the gallbladder.
- Intraoperative cholangiography is the X-ray procedure which shows the anatomy of bile ducts. This is done before the surgeon removes the gallbladder.
- Bile flows from the liver through the common bile duct after the surgery into the small intestine. As the gallbladder has been removed, the gallbladder can no longer store bile between meals but has no effect or little effect on digestion.
- In case of open surgery, the surgeon reaches the gallbladder through a large, single incision in the abdominal wall.
Complications after gallbladder surgery:
This surgery carries some degree of risk like any other surgery. Complications such as internal bleeding, infection, injury to nearby digestive organs, injury to the bile duct and injury to blood vessels.
Types of gallstones:
There are three main types of gallstones. They are
1. Mixed stones: They are made up of cholesterol and salts. They tend to develop in batches.
2. Cholesterol stones: Mainly made of cholesterol, which is crucial to many metabolic processes. They can grow large enough to block the bile ducts.
3. Pigment stones: The colour of bile is greenish-brown, due to some particular pigments.
Medical factors to consider before cholecystectomy:
The most important factor is a consideration of your medical history. This is because the pre-existing conditions influence decisions on surgery and anaesthetic and information about any bad reactions or side effects from any medications would be helpful for surgery.
Self-care after the surgery:
Taking rest is the most important thing after surgery. Avoid things such as heavy lifting and physical exertion. The usual recovery period after the surgery is one week.