Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Ratnakar Shetty
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. K Ratnakar ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I use betnovate cream on. My face. Now my skin became habitual of it that when itry to leave this cream itchy rashes come on my face. please tell what to do to. Leave betnovate.
My daughter aged 10. From the age of 3yrs she has been blisters on the lower side of the feet and in between fingers. We have used nos of variety if ointments of different composition and also powders, but could not cure it. She is also using cotton socks and good quality shoes. What should she do?
Hello Dr. I am 40 year old. I have lots of acne/ pimples on my face from last 3 months. dermatologist suggested me 2 tubes CL CURE Gel and CLIN RED - B Cream .Coming 50 and Nezvit Az tablets. I am taking it regularly but it works nothing. Scars are left and daily an acne formed on my face. He also suggested a face wash (Deep Wash ).I am so fade up Please help.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
Plz guide me for hands and neck darkness which is not able to goo it has got dark black n try many medicine n ointment but it's not working kindly let me know the natural way to completely finish darkness n being the natural colour.
I'm 25years old and I want to get rid of dark circles around my eyes. I have tried many creams but none of them have helped. Pls suggest a working way to get rid of it
Drug related pigmentation errors are usually characterized by a topographic distribution and can lead to prominent discoloration in areas that are especially affected by the sun. It is a rather common phenomenon and accounts for a startling 10-20% of the total cases of hyperpigmentation that are acquired. The condition might be induced by drugs of varied nature, ranging from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications or NSAIDs and antipsychotic drugs to phenytoin and anti-malarials.
What can lead to it?
A number of causes tend to contribute to this factor by speeding up the process of pigmentation that isn’t natural or expected in any manner whatsoever:
- Certain drugs happen to react with the melanin of your system to form what is observed to be a drug-pigment complex. Exposure to too much sunlight has a way of stimulating sun-induced synthesis of melanin for the formation of such complexes.
- Quite a number of heavy metals are seen to deposit in the dermal region following significant damage to the patient’s dermal vessels. A visible change in the complexion will then be observed without there being any increment in the melanin component.
- Hypermelanosis might be induced by certain other drugs in the form of changes that are non-specific post-inflammatory in essentially predisposed individuals.
- Some drugs tend to induce or trigger pigmentation directly by the accumulation of or reaction with certain specific substance of the patient’s skin.
Despite the fact that the condition of drug-induced pigmentation of the skin is mostly benign, it might prove to be an otherwise disfiguring factor when perceived cosmetically. In most cases, one may observe that once the affecting drug has been terminated from regular dosages, fading of most lesions will occur. However, in most cases, the pigmentation tends to last for a longer span of time and ultimately becomes permanent. Since most drugs and medications that cause skin pigmentation also happen to be the cause of photosensitivity reactions, patients are recommended to make proper use of sun protection. You may also opt for laser treatments that have been developed in recent years to correct the problem of pigmentation.
Besides being a part of aging, skin pigmentation can also be caused due to the damaging effects of acne or even long-term exposure to UV rays of the sun. You can eliminate brown spots or scars by resorting to certain skin rejuvenation treatment. The more aggressive skin treatments are Laser Skin Resurfacing or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). For treating moderately pigmented skin, Chemical Peels can also be used.
How do chemical peels work?
Chemical peels sink deeper into the layers of your skin and stimulate the cell’s turnover process. For exfoliation, the chemical peels are used to burn the top layer of your skin, thus reducing the pigmentation of your skin and also eliminating or reducing the external lines, blemishes and wrinkles. Different chemical peels have different penetrating powers into different layers of the skin. The chemical peels are customized according to the area and extent of damages caused to your skin.
Treatment by chemical peels
Such treatment is taken up by cosmetic dermatology centers and medical spas. Prior to the process, consult the dermatologist for a better evaluation of your skin type and needs. Also know about the potential risks and side effects such as burning, excessive scarring, permanent hypo-pigmentation or hyper-pigmentation
Types of chemical peels
The following are the commonly used chemical peels used for the treatment of pigmentation:
- Vi Peel: Considered to be a very powerful Gen Next peel, it involves minimum downtime and brings about effective results. It restores damaged skin and alleviates the visible signs of aging. Healing may take a maximum of 4 days and the peel has to be kept on the skin till it heals completely. It is particularly effective for Melasma and hyper-pigmentation.
- Melanage Peel: It is prepared with retinoic acid and hydroquinone. It can be suitably used for all types of skin. This along with medicated masque increases the skin cell turnover and breaks up the pigments. It also stimulates the production of collagen, thus making the skin smoother and toned after it heals.
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA): This has moderate penetration into the skin. Here, the downtime varies between seven to ten days, depending upon the sensitivity of your skin. It is particularly effective for those having pronounced pigmentation of the skin.
//Avoid too hot water use luke warm in winters
//Avoid soaps use syndet orglycerin soap
//Apply oily products soon after bath to retain water within 3mins of bathing
//Avoid room heaters
//Avoid woolen clothes direct contact with the body.