Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.P.SanghviYour feedback matters!
My baby is 9 months. She has no teeth till now. What kind of food should I give her as she ia not able to chew. If she find any particle she vomits it.
My daughter is 5 year old & suffering from b-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia & her treatment is continue under aiims hospital new delhi. My question is that is there any other ayurveda & homeopathic medicine, if yes then can I start it simultaneously or not? please help me. I will wait for your favorable reply. With best regards
My son is 5+months birth weight 2.5 n currently 7.2 from last week he is doing watery motion with blood. Had stool test it shows occult blood positive n also consulted doc for infection but still no relief from prescribed medicines My son is active taking feed properly. But y still blood? please doctors help.
Hello doctor. I have one baby girl age only 70 days ; she suffering urinary infection what will do any remedy from your side.
My niece is only 2 & half months and within 4-6 days of her birth Paediatrician suggested to get the heart checked at our convenience. Yesterday, we did the Eco & it was diagnosed that the she needs Balloon Pulmonary Valvoplanty or the heart will be continue to damage. We are afraid that at this such a young age this surgery is necessary? Please let me know your contact details to share the report for proper diagnosis & Dr. From Lybrate can suggest st a true way forward.
My daughter has stone in gallbladder. No reason has been observed in her all tests of stone. Her stone is increased by 3mm from last year. It is 6mm now. I don't want to increase that more. What should be her diet. Do I should exclude tomato. Cabbage pumpkin. Bottle Gourd. chocolate from her diet.
What is the healthy diet for the baby of 15 months as he is suffering from loose motions? Please help me.
My baby is 15 days old. Doctors as always consult mothers milk and feeder (nan pro 1) because baby was bit weak. Issue is that my wife S milk is very thin like water so whenever baby drink her milk he remain unsatisfied and starts crying. Please tell me what will I do.
My 7 month girl is getting fever every 5-6 hours. She is on paracetamol from 3 days. Also she is getting teeth. Does she need antibiotics?
My son 5 month usually give out milk in the form of curd. Is there any problem of digestion. Pls advice.
My son is 12 year old his weight 60 kg and height is 4.11 inches. His blood having vitamin D deficiency found and iron as well what would recommend as doctor to my son.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.