Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.P.SanghviYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 years old and has a bad cough which gets worse during night time sleep. The cough is so bad that it feels like he is barking. We have visited our family doctor but his medicines have not helped at all. What treatment should we do.
Hi Doctor, My daughter is 22 months old. I have a question over her diet. As summers are at peak, my baby is not eating or drinking any thing, she only takes Lactogen- Stage 4, which is a cause of worry for me. She is becoming very weak now a days. As she is not eating properly, she is getting irritated and crying all the time. I request your help to get a solution for her healthy diet during summers. Thank You!
Sir, I have 4 1/2 month baby, his birth wt was 3kg. Last month his wt was 6. 1 kg. But now he weighs only abt 6. 5. I prefer only breast milk my doctor prescribe him to improve his wt by giving first foods wheat. Can I continue with I need a second opinion for it
my daughter suffer from cold and she is 11 months in age chest sounds and vomiting when she take feed ,respirate tough
I am a boy with 16 years Tell me about that ejaculation is good for me or not And is affect my health and my weight.
My baby is 3 month old. Breast milk is not sufficient to my baby. Is there any possible to improve the quantity of milk.
Dear Sir, Greetings of the day. My son who is 5 years is given Cypon syrup. His intake has increased. Earlier we used to give him Neopeptine since last 4 -5 years. Now after someone suggested we give him Cypon syrup along with neopeptine. My question is whether it is safe to continue and is there any side effect in longterm how much time we should continue this. Is it ayurvedic/Allopathic? Kindly guide me. Thanks,
My 2 years old son looks very lean and short. Please suggest me foods which will increase his height and weight doctor.
Doctor, My son is 1 year 8 months old. He has not vaccinated with IPV due to unavailability of the same. He has taken 6 doses of OPV. Can he be vaccinated with IPV now? Kindly let me know the procedure. Regards
Is makhani fox but good for infants from 1 to 2 years of age Is it advisable for children below 2 years.
Mera baby 6 and half months ka ho gaya h to please mujhe batayein 6 and half baby ka ideal weight kya hona chahiye. Mera baby 9 kg ka h.
My 5 year daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long time? I heard that using for the year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
1) my baby sleeps fast while drinking milk, she is one month old, m not sure if I have enough milk or if she is tried sucking and than sleeps. I am giving her lactogen as top up 2) also I wanted to know if lactogen is good as top up or mum mum.
Dear Sir or mam, Mera 2 months ka baby boy hai use last ek months se loose motion ki problem hai wo motion din me 6 se 7 baar krta hai motion small quantity me krta hai uski jabse uski mummy ko last month bwaseer ki problem thi uski medicine chal rhi thi jab se he baby ko problem aa rhi hai abhi khaafi dino se uski mummy ne medicine chod rakhi hai jab bhi baby ko problem hai wo motion ek baar me nhi krta baar baar thodi thodi krta hai. Please help.
My daughter is 2 years 4 months old. She has stopped feeding during day. However i'm not able to wean off her during night. She sleeps with feeding and wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is eating food properly. Please help me regarding this.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.