Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K P Mathur
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K P MathurYour feedback matters!
I apply roll on deodorant on my armpit after bath. I have a doubt that whether I should use or not as I think I am blocking the pores which is not good. Does using it daily for a long term will have some side effects?
I want to know any. Treatment or creams to reduce deep pore and dark circles I have fair skin I want plain and transparent skin. Now I am using cetaphil cleansing lotion.
Hi doctors I have skin tags on neck part. So this is having since from 3 years. Please kindly suggest me on the same thank-you.
How to gain good eye sight? How to grow taller? How to gain weight? How to get fairer? How to lighten skin tone?
Prostate cancer patients with an unhealthy, high-fat diet have a significantly higher risk of death from the disease, a new study suggests.
?There is currently very little evidence to counsel men living with prostate cancer on how they can modify their lifestyle to improve survival. Our results suggest that a heart-healthy diet may benefit these men by specifically reducing their chances of dying of prostate cancer,?
?Diets high in animal fat and low in fiber are associated with metabolic syndrome ? a collection of conditions including abdominal obesity, elevated blood sugar levels and high blood pressure,?said Dr. Michael Schwartz, a urologist at the Arthur Smith Institute for Urology in New Hyde Park, N.Y.
?It has been known for some time that this type of diet can elevate risk of diabetes, heart attack, stroke and various cancers,? he said.
Now, ?this study provides evidence for what many of us have for years been telling our patients with prostate cancer ? or patients who are interested in prostate cancer prevention,? Schwartz said.
He added that the anti-cancer effects of exercise might play a role as well, in that men in the study who ate healthier might also have exercised more.
The research was published online June 1 in the journal Cancer Prevention Research.
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An oily skin has a host of disadvantages. Apart from making a person look greasy and slimy, it also has major influences on the health of your skin. If you were not aware and thought of oily skin as an awkward condition only you should take a deeper look into its causal effects. Excess oil secretion can make you prone to sun tanning. It can lead to the formation of acne and can also result in upsetting dark patches.
Kinds of food to eat to rule out the ills of an oily skin:
- Include green leafy vegetables in your diet: Antioxidants can successfully fight off oily skin. Green leafy vegetables are rich in vitamin C; they are known to reduce the effects of oxidants your skin regularly comes in contact with. Eat spinach and kale as much as you can. A green leafy vegetable should be part of your daily meal.
- Salmon can act as a savior: Everybody knows how oily salmon is. However, it is very valuable in treating an oily skin. Salmon is known to have a high percentage of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 acids keep sebum producing molecules on a leash. Thus, excess oil secretion can be controlled by consuming more of this nutritious fish.
- Nuts can combat an oily skin: Having nuts with honey or yogurt or having them directly can treat the ills of greasiness. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E that is further known to repair an irregular skin. Increased oil secretion is likely to result in acne; acne appears due to breakage of cell membranes. Vitamin E adds strength to your cell walls thus taking care of ugly scars.
- Cucumbers can help your case: Consuming cucumbers raw can be of enormous use. They hydrate the skin by ridding you of excess oil. Antioxidants in cucumbers have the effects of an astringent. They however do not interfere with the functions of essential oils. Have a cucumber on a daily basis to find the way to a glowing skin.
- Enjoy the benefits of grapefruit: The reason behind an oily skin could be the crushing presence of toxins. Grapefruit, rich in Vitamin C, deals with these toxins. Grapefruit contains fiber that is also good for controlling oil secretion. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to questions!
I'm 25 years old student. I have chronic acne n scar wrinkles with oily skin. I have tried lot of med. Bt each time my skin get thinner .with so many forehead n eye wrinkles. What should I do for my wrinkles with acne n oily face? Wanna permanent treatment for wrinkles first.
I'm 22 years old boy. I have an accident and my face is scratched so now it looks very black in the scratch mark, how can I make this stitched scratch into previous face.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells. It has a greater concentration of growth factors and other cytokines that can stimulate healing of soft tissue and joints. The concentration of growth factors can be 5 to 10 times greater (or richer) than whole blood and has been used to encourage a brisk healing response across several specialities, in particular dentistry, orthopaedics and dermatology. Once this is accomplished, the concentrated platelets are re-injected into the damaged area like the knees, elbows, shoulders, hips and even Achilles tendons.
PRP therapy is a relatively new procedure - It was first developed in the 1970s and first used in Italy in 1987 in an open heart surgery procedure, but scientific and medical research shows that it is safe to perform. Because of that, it’s steadfastly on its way to becoming the primary means of treatment in many different medical fields such as cosmetic surgery, dentistry, sports medicine and pain management, most commonly treating hair loss (and other things, like injuries). Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment is frequently called stem cell treatment due to the fact that it behaves as bringing in cells from a person’s own body, which can then actually differentiate into either tendon, cartilage, or ligament cells.
Use of PRP in Dermatology
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) helps you harness the natural aesthetic powers of your own platelets to augment your facial rejuvenation. When done properly, PRP creates impressive results both as an isolated procedure or when incorporated into a treatment plan with hyaluronic acid fillers, neuromodulators, volume restoration and technology. The major advantage is it can be done in the clinician's office and produces virtually no downtime in the treatment of wrinkles, melasma, and acne scars. Exceptionally, there is some downtime when it is used to treat the lower eyelids. The aesthetic benefits it generates are dramatic!
Skin Rejuvenation and Ageing
The goal of PRP skin rejuvenation therapy is to improve skin tone and texture, tighten skin, and soften lines and pores. The PRP, injected into specific areas of the skin, act as a matrix that promotes your own collagen to grow, regenerates tissue, and thus acts as to naturally smooth and tighten the skin. Results begin to show 3-4 weeks after the treatment session and continue to improve with time. Three treatment sessions are generally recommended, spaced 1-2 months apart, to achieve the best outcome. In this way, PRP softens wrinkles and creating smoother skin texture and tone, thus making you look younger!
Acne, Scar and Ulcer Treatment
PRP is used to correct pitted acne scars on the skin. You may have heard about this acne scar treatment technique, which is also known as the “Vampire Facial,” as it has gained popularity amongst celebrities and beauty insiders. Once the platelet-rich blood is injected into sites on the face with acne scars, the concentrated platelets release a host of beneficial growth factors that help to promote healing and stimulate regrowth of collagen and elastin. PRP can also been used as an adjuvant for improving the viability of grafts for the treatment of recalcitrant ulcers, with good results.
PRP might not be a panacea or universal cure, but it could turn out to be a miracle treatment nonetheless! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.