Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K M MehtaYour feedback matters!
My daughters aged 8 + has some gum problem. She can not bite guava/fruit directly. If the fruit is cut into pieces, then she can bite. If I ask her why she can not bite, she tells that she feels pressure in teeth resulting a bit of small pains in the gum. Please advice What will I do?
I am 27 years old male. I left smoking 2.5 years back from now after consultation with doctor (suggested as it is leukoplakia). I had a single white patch in my mouth near the lips at left side, that white patch gone but on other side other patch came and turned into light black (over all duration 2.5 years). I left spices and every tobacco habits and added healthy food and better routine. I want to know how much time will it take to become everything normal.
Hello doctor. My teeth become yellow from front nd become black from inside. I do brush regularly from childhood. Nd never eat tobacco. Bt drink teaevery day. Plzz give me suggestion. How can I got white teeth. N plzz sugest a good toothpaste also. Thnx.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.
I have problem in mouth my gums are always bleeding, when I woke up in the morning my mouth is full of blood saliva and cough. I dont understand why this much saliva in my mouth whenever I woke I have to go bathroom to spit and my mouth taste very bad after wake up. Also there is cough in my mouth and upper neck when I wake up. I have cleaned my mouth three times by dentist but problem is not solved, I brush twice.
My teeth is getting more yellow day by day I don't what's the reason. I take care of my teeth very well. Brush my teeth 2 times a day wash it well after every small meal aa well. Though sometimes I get a very painful pain in my right side of mouth.
I have a pain in my mouth challe pain in my teeth I take a medicine from doctor but its not working pls you can suggest some way that I release from. This pain.
My son has problem of bad breath He brushes his teeth and also drinks lot of water but the foul smell is still there What can be done? He is 15 years old.
Whenever I eat some solid particles like apple with skin, mutton meat, or something, it get stuck between my teeth food particles. Any thing suggestion.
Please sir, give the right suggestion that I brush my teeth daily in two times but my mouth was smell and my teeth look like a yellowness. I have to use desi nuskhe.
Every morning my mouth is filled by saliva. My pillow becomes wet due to saliva. I consult doctors but they always gave me medicines of stomach bug. This never help me. I also having bad breath. Please suggest me what is main problem. I am suffering from this problem since my childhood.
My mother got sensitivity problem from 1 year. Frequently felt unbearable pain. please give a solution to get relieve from sensitivity.
My mom is suffering from acute tooth pain. It started paining suddenly after couple of days. Please suggest the way out. Thankyou.
POOR ORAL HEALTH LEADS TO
1)ORAL AND FACIAL PAIN
2)PROBLEMS WITH HEART AND MAJOR ORGANS
WHAT CAN YOU DO
1)BRUSH YOUR TEETH TWICE PROPERLY
2)EAT HEALTHY (VIT A AND C)
3)AVOID SMOKING JUNK FOOD TOBACCO
4)SCHEDULE YOUR REGULAR APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DENTIST
DR DIVAANSHU DEEWAAN.....S.K DENTAL CARE
SHOP NO 2 C1 CHANKAPYA PLACE JANAK PURI