Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K K Mehta
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K K MehtaYour feedback matters!
My mother is cardiac patient, she is having chest pain spreading through throat to neck backside. Due to this not able walk even 10 feet's.
When should I take ramistar 2.5 mg tablet everyday. I was treated for heart attack .I went through angiogram. Presently after 3 months l got normal ECG report with normal BP.
When the normal functioning of the heart shuts down suddenly due to heart disease or any other cardiovascular condition, then this is known as sudden death due to a heart problem. Every year, there are over 100,000 deaths globally due to this reason, as per various medical studies. Sudden Cardiac Arrest or SCD is a cause of death for many adults who may or may not be suffering from chronic heart disease. Let us find out more about this condition.
- Difference between Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD) and Heart Attack: A myocardial infarction or heart attack can happen when there is a blockage in one of the arteries of the heart which prevents the passage of blood and oxygen to the heart's varied chambers. When the oxygen present in the blood does not reach the heart in adequate amounts and on time, it can lead to a heart attack. In the case of SCD or sudden cardiac arrest, the problem happens due to a shutdown of the heart after a malfunction in the electrical systems which can lead to varied irregularities.
Accelerated heartbeats, fluttering and quivering of the ventricles which are also known as ventricular fibrillation, as well as other similar causes can ensure that the blood does not reach the heart on time, which can lead to sudden death. The patient usually loses consciousness within the very first few minutes as the blood does not reach the brain.
Symptoms: There are a number of symptoms that are associated with this phenomenon. While losing consciousness is one of the first signs, others include a racing heartbeat as well as heart rhythm problems and dizzy spells. The symptoms usually take place suddenly without prior warning and lead to a complete shutdown of the heart and its functions.
Causes: The main cause of SCD is a condition known as arrhythmias which is basically characterized by abnormal heart rhythms and vertical fibrillation which leads to disorganized impulses to be released from the ventricles due to which the heart cannot pump blood properly. It can lead to death within a matter of minutes if it remains untreated.
Revival: On an emergency basis, the patient will have to be given CPR by an expert at the emergency unit of the hospital. This is a manual process of retrieving the patient by pumping the chest and breathing into the patient's mouth. Portable defibrillators can also be used to revive the patient in such cases.
Risk Factors: Patients who have suffered heart attacks in the past and have a family history of heart disease and heart attacks, are at maximum risk when it comes to SCD. Also, factors like obesity and diabetes can increase the risk.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am Mihir from Rajkot and suffering from low blood pressure and vomit and dierea since 3.5 years and sinus from 1 year. Waiting for local doctor for diagnose. Thank you.
I have high blood pressor at last two year so I want to consult to but I have no go in hospital so I want advice with you.
I am 42 years old (मेरा मन घबराता है, डर लगता है) My heart is nervous, scared -when I am talking to any other.
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.