Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.H. Ayyer
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K.H. AyyerYour feedback matters!
Seventeen year old boy having high BP of200/100 feet and hand tremors. Have shown him at Vellore and Apollo Hyderabad. please help me for that
My age is 28. I am male. My height is 4 feet 8 inches, By birth I am suffering from rickets, I undergone a 8 surgeries to cure my deformed legs. Now I am suffering form osteoporosis, I gain weight around 74 kg. And I am not able to walk. I have a high blood pressure around 170/120. I sit on the chair for a long time. I want to my condition please help.
Mujhe heart K liye Jaanna tha Mera heartbeat Pehle 95- 115 hoti thi per Ab 80-90 k bich ho gyi per Jab Jada work HOTA h bad jati h pair normal me 6 months se banana shake pi rahi hu is liye beat Kam hue ya Dr. ko dikha lu.
I am 32 years old my family has history of BP, Heart diseases ,i am regular in gym I just want to ask that is there any general medicines which we can use in order to prevent from BP heart disease ,control cholesterol.
23 years old, I have high blood pressure. Had blood pressure issues because of infection in kidney. Now what kind of diet I should follow. If I follow high bp diet then I have to take food that rich in potassium, calcium and magnesium. N for kidney I have to take antioxidants and vitamins and have to avoid foods that having high potassium and protein. What kind of food diet I have to follow.
Yesterday my mother felt dizziness and increased heart beat rate for 2 minute. After this we consulted doctor they have done ecg and they have told BP level is 150/80 Here are the ecg details below, Vent rate 78bpm Qrs duration 68ms Qt/qtc 364/414 Ms. Pr interval 122ms P duration 102ms RR interval 769ms PRT axes 62 46 34 They have given spasm proxyvon plus as she said some muscle contraction. Insisted to go through 2d echo test. Let me know is that test has to be done early as possible and what is precaution we have to take. Is 150/80 is too risky?
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.