Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. K.D.ThakarYour feedback matters!
Eating Starchy and Sugary food that have a high glycemic index can increase the risk of lung cancer especially among nonsmokers
In a Study of 1905 participants with lung cancer and 2413 healthy controls, those with the highest consumption of high GI food had a 49 percent greater risk for lung cancer.Nonsmokers were more than twice as likely to develop lung cancer if they ate a high glycemic index diet
My mother's er, pgr is 0 but her neu is 2+.She had MRM 1 1/2 month before. What does it mean ? What treatment should be given so that disease never reoccur?
Specimen= HPE OF TUR-BT SP (1) superficial So (2) deep Gross. = spicmen (1) Received in 10% buffered neutral. Formalin labelled with pt's name (Dharamshibhai bhimani) consist of multiple tan soft to firm tissue pieces. Measures in aggregate: 3.5*3.8*1.5 cm. Entire specimen submitted for study. Slide/block no. (H/3239/16: A, B. OPINION = *_Infiltrating papillary urothelial Carcinoma-high grade. _lamina propria invasion present. _deep smooth muscle invasion present.
What are the symptoms of cancer that could be easily noticed? And what are the precautions to be taken for a cancer patient?
I shared food with my friend who is a cancer patient by using common spoon. What, will I also get cancer now?
Elevated PSA I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
Cancer is not just a physical problem but an emotional one, not just for the patient but for the caretakers as well. While treating cancer per se is a task, managing the complications that arise out of it is another major issue. With environmental pollution and smoking on the rise, lung cancer incidences have also increased significantly.
Read on to know how to manage lung cancer, including some symptoms.
Emotionally, once the diagnosis is confirmed, there could be a mixed bag of feelings including fear, confusion, anxiety and uncertainty. Having a close family member or friend accompany you on medical visits certainly helps, as they can guide in asking the right questions and interpreting things the right way.
Being a part of social groups helps in coping with emotional stress that comes with the disease, as it reduces the feeling of loneliness and puts you in touch with others who are on the same journey.
Physically, some of the symptoms along with ways to manage are listed below.
- Pain: One of the major symptoms of any cancer, pain can be severe and needs to be handled for the overall quality of life. Long-acting pain medications would be required to control pain, and if the still persists, one might have to go for short-acting pain killers for immediate pain control. In addition, warm massages, oil therapies, meditation, and Ayurvedic therapies can do wonders in managing the pain.
- Smoke exposure: One of the main causes of lung cancer, exposure to smoke should be avoided at all costs. While quitting smoking is a must, exposure to secondhand smoke should also be avoided. Any other form of tobacco is a strict no too.
- Shortness of breath: With lung cancer, the lungs’ ability to supply oxygen to the various organs is reduced. This puts additional pressure on the lungs, and so can cause shortness of breath. Try to not exert the body, and with any physical strain, it is advisable to rest. Listen to your body’s signs and rest accordingly.
- Weakened immunity: Chemotherapy weakens the immune system and puts you at risk for infections of all the organs. Therefore, eat healthy, drink lots of water including non-caffeinated beverages, exercise within limits that your body allows, and sleep well. This helps in improving the immune system. Reduce exposure to pollutants and to people who are not well. This can control chances of developing infections.
- Cough and sore throat: Lung cancer puts one at risk of developing a chronic sore throat and cough. Drink warm liquids, avoid cold beverages, and keep your flu shots up to date.
While cancer definitely is a scary proposition, some simple things can help you cope better. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
1 year before my wife is diagnosed with osteosarcoma in left distal femur her surgery was done on 11th December 2016. Process of surgery is IR RESECTION WITH ECRT after 7 months doctor asked for x-ray in x-ray there is no sign of Union they asked for a surgery again this time the surgery is going to be done is bone grafting at proximal site can you please tell me how this process is done. Please reply soon.
Mere bhai ki age 50 years h vo cigarette, gutka ka sewan nhi krte h fir bhi unki bhojan nali me cancer ho gya h iska kya karan ho skta h please hme isk bare me vistar se bataen.
I have a node on the ryt side of my breast from last two years it is painless and not increasing or decreasing in size.
Hello, one of my friend is facing issue with her breast. She said that she is having pain in her right breast. We had a sex but that was 4 days back. She said that there is dark black portion near the nipple area with pimple like things surrounding that part. What is that? Now I came to know about this situation. She fear it as a breast cancer? Please suggest? Do we need to consult the doctor at the earliest? Please suggest?
Meri breast pr nipple k pas ek or do sal se choti si blister Nikli thi. Jisme se kuch white color ka kuch ajib sa niklta h. Us breast me na to drd h na hi kuch but wo blister muje khtm krni h. please ye btaiye ki m kya kru uske liye Koi home remedy or ointment.
Dr. what are the symptoms of cancer how we can identify it in earlier stage. And does it curable if we identify it.
Recently I heard an audio lecture that said health depends on quality and quantity of food and water intake. I have lost one of my friend to intestine cancer at 56. I would like to know more on good food practices.
In our modern life, cancer is the most dreaded disease of all. Despite substantial advances in medical science, there hasn't been much of a progress in the treatment available for cancer. The mortality rate for cancer is still on the rise and all this, in spite of all kinds of sophisticated treatments at our disposal.
Cancer is rather a torturous experience, not merely on account of the terminal consequence, but also of the extreme physical and emotional suffering that one has to endure. What's worse is that often all the efforts are rendered vain. In that context, a large number of people have started looking towards alternative therapies as a cure for cancer. Serious forms of cancers like blood cancer or leukemia are often formidable and do not respond favourably to the clinical treatments. Consequently, despite all attempts and humongous investments, the casualties are on the rise. To counter such threats, people are growingly moving towards alternative remedies. Among the other natural cures, Ayurveda has garnered a lot of interest and approval.
Ayurveda has devised a holistic process that potentially cures you of blood cancer and endows you with a fresh leash of life. As per Ayurveda, the main causes of cancer may be enumerated as genetic imbalances, exposure to harmful radiation, stressful and unhealthy lifestyle and consumption of degenerating food items. As such, Ayurveda tries to heal not just the disease but also the germ of the disease and in the process, improves your well-being.
Ayurveda grapples with blood cancer in the following ways:
- Adjuvant to ongoing treatment: You may be skeptical of depending entirely on Ayurveda as a remedy for cancer. As such, Ayurvedic treatments may be used as ancillaries alongside the ongoing chemotherapy and radiology. Ayurveda stimulates your in built immunity and thus prolongs and rejuvenates your lifespan. That aside, the natural benefits that Ayurveda provides your body reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and help in complete remission of the disease.
- Rasashastra: Ayurveda deems the imbalance in your genetic code to be the main cause of cancer. Therefore, it believes that remedy lies in 'pitta' restoration. Under this treatment, Ayurveda uses a combination of metals vis-a-vis the purest elements to minimize the deterioration of the condition. A unique combination of silver, gold and other essential minerals can be wondrous to boost the immunity of the cells and restore the normal cell production rate in your marrows. This goes a long way in obliterating the damage caused by blood cancer.
- The right diet: Consuming the most favourable foods are essential while battling cancer. An alkaline diet comprising of coconut water, warm, fresh nutritious food like leafy greens, apples and nuts must be regularly consumed. Greasy, spicy and lavish dishes should be avoided since they are known to generate harmful 'ama' in your body.