Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
How to get rid of white hair? Why does it comes at the age of 19 years and pimples and to keep face white? Please help me
I have a wart kind of thing in my face, please find attached pic of same. I consulted a dermatologist earlier, he tried to burn it 4 times but it used to grow again and he also tried with nitrogen to freeze it but no success. For past 6 months I am having homeopathy treatment but same story no improvement. Please guide me what to do.
My upper lip edges have some kind of white patches that can be seen when some one are close to me, I just want to remove it please suggest, don't tell to drink lot if water I drink more than 5 liters a day.
I am a 21 years old student. I suffer from pimples for a long time. Now pimples are under control but can't remove the black spots. Please help me?
I am suffering from night falling of sperms. What should I do. It pains a lot in the lower part of anus. Suggest some exercise.
Nutrition facts (for one medium sized sweet potato)
- Calories - 130
- Fat - 0.39 g
- Protein - 2.15 g
- Net carbohydrates - 31.56 g
- Dietary fiber - 3.9 g
- Calcium - 28.6 mg
- Sodium - 16.9 mg
- Potassium - 265.2 mg
- Folate - 18.2 mcg
- Vitamin c - 29.51 mg
- Vitamin a - 26081.9 iu
- Thiamine - 0.05mg
- Riboflavin - 0.3mg
- Niacin - 1.4mg
- Folic acid - 8.4mcg
- Vitamin b6 1 mg
Sweet potato is a skin saviour. Apart from the many health benefits this age old vegetable stocks in itself, it also has following skin benefits-
1. For a glow: the intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin a. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun protection: it contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle free skin: the presence of high levels of vitamin c in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particularly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture locking: sweet potatoes add to our requirement of vitamin d, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron dosage: sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.
I never smoke But my lips are dark React quickly to temperature Healthy & clean habits. Can you suggest me natural home remedies?
How can I make my skin glowing and rejuvenated. My skin color is wheatish and I want to make it a little lighter please help me with it.
It has been 2 year. I am facing the problem of face sebrrohiec dermatitis. What should I do to treat this problem?
Hi sir I have pressure urticaria for last ten years. Could you please suggest me some medicine to cure this. I am really worried abt those. please help me if you can.
Dear doctor, because of stress or chronic anxiety, will one's body skin get affected? My skin is looking very dull without shining. And I'm losing weight as well.
I have this rashes like thing all over my body. Its been more than a week. It reduces and again increases. It itches when I sweat and while having bath. What should I do? What ointment should I get for this? Kindly suggest me.
I always face problem during summer due to mouth blister. What is the main causes of mouth blister. How we can prevent this mouth blister and which medicine we can use for it.
My body skin is very black. Please suggest me how my body skin turns into white. What nutrition I take daily for white body skin.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.