Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyotsna ZopeYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic patient and my creatinine level is 1.4 but sugar and hba1c is under control, how to lower my creatinine level?
My wife aged 56 years have urinary tract infection since one month and consulting doctor who advised urine culture test prescribed tablet taxing for 10 days and advised tablet toxin for 10 days and advised urine complete test after medication. Despite medication her result shows plenty of puss cells again. Sir, we want to know what could be the reason. May be the reason she started having insulin could be one of the cause? Or she got a loop fixed about ,5 years before for excess bleeding and the same is due to be removed in February next year. Whether that could be a reason we want to know. Please advise Regards.
My mother on dylsis at 4 day interval our doctor out for few days. She has huge swelling on lower limbs. Kindly help me. Her creatinine is 6.5 blood urea 175, potassium 6, sodium 130, Hb 8.0, wbc 14500 etc.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Hi Kabhi kabhi urine karte hue light white color ka liquid niklta hai urine finish hone ke bad kya ye safe hai please tell me.
I am a 16 year old boy I have two kidney stones (3.2 mm,3.0 mm) in my Righ kidney which type of food should I have to eat to bypass this or which food I have to avoid please tell me.
Is milk and curd. And beetroot good for kidney stone. Please tell me some seasonal fruits so that we can eat for maintenance of our health because I have to sit in completion. Can I have dry fruit please kindly list do not the name what to avoid and what to have as much you can please it will be very helpful to me.
I have a stone in right kidney. Some days before I was having unbearable pain in back on right side. Now I have pain during urinating. Today it was accompanied by blood also.
Sir i am having some constipation since from one year i have gone to gastrologist but he gave a tube to apply inside my rectum named as anobliss but i see no result and also i am having urine problems
I am 52 years old and work in Indian Air Force. I am medically fit as all the parameters such as Complete Blood Count, urine exam, ECG, Cholesterol, chest X ray, BMI etc are well with in limits. However in last 4 months I have lost 4-5 kg weight. I am not a diabetic. Also I frequent urination 7 to 8 times in a day and 2-3 times in the night and this is not every day. Sometimes I urinate only once in the night and 4 to 5 times in the day. Please advice. My Job has also come down from 14.6 to 13.4 in last four months. Please advice with medications. Thanks in advance.
I am 24 years old I have 4mm stone in kidney as well as cyst since last two months and also taking treatment but pain is not gone why ?
I am 28 years old and I am suffering with diabetes and urine Infection from last 2 years please suggest me sugar 280 right now.
i am suffering from Renal glycosuria I am having sugar in urine but no sugar in blood proteins 2+ loss whether it is dangerous?
If you notice blood while urinating, you must consult a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately.