Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and I very often face delayed menstruation. I do smoke, and weigh 84 kg. I am married but no babies yet (Not planned for it. if that matters). Please suggest something to cure it. And one more information, both of my parents are diabetic and have high blood pressure. And I also have high blood pressure, though I have not started taking medicines yet.
Platelets are the smallest colorless cell in the blood which help clotting of blood, platelets clumps together and form clotting to prevent bleeding. Platelets are produced in bonmarrow.
Normal count of platelets is from 1, 50, 000 - 4, 00, 000 in the blood. If number of platelets goes down from 1, 50, 000, in a healthy person, this codition is known as thrombocytopenea, i. E. Less count of platelets in blood is known as'thrombocytopenea.
Causes of thrombocytopenea:
Drug abused diseases,
Bacterial infection, etc.
Bleeding into skin, appears as rashes on skin, especially, in lower extramities.
Bleeding continues from cut, wounds, gums, ears, urine & stool.
Profuse bleeding in menstrual cycle.
When, medical assistance
When bleeding starts from gums, ears, nose, anal-orfice which can't be checked by normal process of first- aid. Medical assistence is needed
Treatment of thrombocytopenea can be achieved, successfully under homoeopathic system of treatment.
Low count of plateletes gets normal within 3/4 days.
Brain foods that help you concentrate
Ginseng, fish, berries, or caffeine?
Listen to the buzz about foods and dietary supplements, and you'll believe they can do everything from sharpen focus to enhance memory, attention span, and brain function.
But do they really work? there's no denying that as we age, our body ages right along with us. The good news is that you can improve your chances of maintaining a healthy brain if you add 'smart' foods and drinks to your diet.
Caffeine can make you more alert
There's no magic bullet to boost IQ or make you smarter -- but certain substances, like caffeine, can energize you and help you concentrate. Found in coffee, chocolate, energy drinks, and some medications, caffeine gives you that unmistakable wake-up buzz though the effects are short-term. And more is often less: overdo it on caffeine and it can make you jittery and uncomfortable.
Sugar can enhance alertness
Sugar is your brain's preferred fuel source -- not table sugar, but glucose, which your body processes from the sugars and carbs you eat. That's why a glass of something sweet to drink can offer a short-term boost to memory, thinking, and mental ability.
Have too much, though, and memory can be impaired -- along with the rest of you. Go easy on the sugar so it can enhance memory without packing on the pounds.
Eat breakfast to fuel your brain
Tempted to skip breakfast? studies have found that eating breakfast may improve short-term memory and attention. Students who eat it tend to perform better than those who don't. Foods at the top of researchers' brain-fuel list include high-fiber whole grains, dairy, and fruits. Just don't overeat; researchers also found high-calorie breakfasts appear to hinder concentration.
We are newly married couple 3 months are finished. My wife is not getting pregnant. Her periods are proper.
What are the long term side effects of krimson 35? And will it actually help in regulating periods along with metformin 500 mg? If not then what will?
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegels: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegels: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.