Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Shetty
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hai mam, can you please solve my problem plzzzzz its 2 urgent actually mam my sis she used postpone tablets for 6 days nw its 9th day bt she did not got periods till nw can you please help her out 2 get periods as soon as possible plzzz mam plzz gve some suggestions 2 get periods back mam.
I did sex on 1st april without condom, Gf ke periods 1 din pehle hi gye the But maine sperm uski vagina me nahi dala After sex she eaten papaya, Is there any problem like pregnancy or any?
My sister has scanty flow in periods since many years. Is scanty flow in periods i. E. Only 1st 2 days normal flow n then no flow only spotting for next 4-5 days, ok for a 38 years old lady? Is there any medication to increase flow? Pls advice.
My question is for PCT (post cycle therapy) can we take shilajit/gokshura/shatavari/ashwagandha as a replacement of nolvadex or clomid?
We have 3 month baby Now what we take safety to avoid another pregnancy? And what is the perfect gap between two childrens for pregnancy? Is that effect on mother to continue pregnancy?
My friend a 27 years old female experiencing all day long sleepiness for some time. This condition is noticeable for 1 week. She yawns for all day long and feel tired though she is not involved any kind of physical activity. A little excessive urine problem. And she experience a little abdomen pain before periods and timing varies. Bp is little low.
M 33 weeks pregnant n my doc told me that baby head is not fixed in pelvic bone yet and is up free floating but in head down position. Also umbilical cord is wrapped around baby neck twice. Is there any risk to baby. Also I want to ask what are the chances of normal delivery as it is my first baby.
Mom had viral infection last week due to which she had fever body pain and a lot of cough. Doctor had given some medicines and fever was fine but after a week her cough is still the same and she is experiencing tiredness and laziness. She has blood pressure and she takes orbital AV for that.
My wife has recently started to menstruate, but her period lasts for ten days and is sometimes really heavy she has to change pads like every two or three hour. She sometimes get blood clots about the size of a penny but feel no pains in her abdomen. She has only spotted twice since then, is there any thing wrong with her?
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits?
Yes, it has benefits like treatment of (PCOS), acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia.
2) What are the side effects of the pill?
Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attack. while using the pill?
A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer?
Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots?
Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects?
The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne?
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Indulging in intercourse daily is a healthy option for couples as it comes with a variety of benefits:
- Reduces stress
- Promotes longevity
- Leads to an increase in blood circulation
- Helps one sleep better
- Improves your fitness level
Indulging in intercourse daily certainly does come with benefits but overdoing the routine can result in various side-effects. According to most medical practitioners and sex-perts, doing it twice a day is considered optimum.
What happens if you overdo it on a regular basis?
However, stretching it up to thrice is acceptable, but going beyond that number can prove to be harmful as sex is a physical activity which puts strain on your body and genitals. The penis has a resting period, which if not adhered to, can lead to extreme stress on the organ and erectile dysfunction in the long-run. Other than distress in the penis, having sex too many times can also cause soreness in the penis and painful muscle contractions during an orgasm. In women, over-indulging in intercourse can cause tears in the vaginal area which can prove to be very painful while urinating or foreplay the next time. Women are also prone to contracting urinary tract infection, if they indulge in this process too many times. This is the reason why clearing the bladder for women is recommended.
The final verdict
However, sex-perts also believe that is very important for couples to embrace and indulge in this process as physical intimacy and satisfaction plays an important role in sustaining the relationship for a long time. Not having sex for extended periods of time might result in depression and your partner might start looking for other options. Thus, having sex once or twice a day is completely normal and encouraged but for a healthy and sustainable sex life, you should refrain from doing it too many times a day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.