Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti P MhatreYour feedback matters!
Everybody is particular about how they look. Skin care has assumed great importance compared to a couple of decades ago. With skin care assuming so much, everybody talks of cleansing, scrubbing, toning, moisturising, what not! what we need to realise is that anything in excess is bad. Talking of scrubbing, it has been promoted as the perfect way to remove dead cells from the skin and keep the skin looking young and radiant. After scrubbing, the skin that is left behind is brand-new with fresh cells from the underlying layers, which glows out. While this is the intention, there are questions to ask in terms of – what to use for scrubbing, how often, ideal products, etc.
Scrubbing can be done chemically or physically. Chemical scrubs include products like salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, or citric acid. These remove the dried, dead cells from the top and leave a radiant, fresh skin behind.
Physical scrubs use salts, almond, apricot peel, and tiny beads of microplastics. These microbeads are not just harmful to the skin, they are also not eco-friendly. Though not visible to the naked eye, these microbeads, as the name suggests, are small, tiny plastic beads which act as a physical scrub and help in removing the top layers of the skin. They get into the water as sediments and cannot be removed. When accumulated over a period of time, there is no way to get rid of them. Many products have been banned in australia and the usa for containing these microbeads.
Another thing to consider when scrubbing is the type of skin. While oily skin can take a little more of the scrubbing load, dry, flaky skin should not be over-scrubbed. Exfoliating agents can be used once in a while, but if you ask a dermatologist if your skin needs daily exfoliation, the answer would be a big no. Oily skin can benefit from gel-based scrubs, while dry skin can benefit from cream-based ones. If you have sensitive skin, use a mild exfoliating agent. There are multiple products being promoted as daily scrubs which are easy on the skin, but it is best to stay away from these for regular use.
Alternatively, there are multiple regular home/kitchen products which can be used as scrubs. Gram flour, milk cream, lime juice, sugar, oatmeal, ground coffee can be used periodically to get the same scrubbing effects. What is also important to note is it is not just the face that needs the scrubbing. Surfaces with thicker skin like the knees and elbows also benefit from occasional scrubbing.
The mantra is to not overdo it, but go with moderation and get the benefits of scrubbing with a glowing, radiant skin.
Hi, My wife is 25 years old and we got married a year ago. She has been suffering from frequent white discharge with bad odor. She has been to various doctors and taken several antibiotics for all fungal, bacterial and protozoal infections. But still, the problem is persisting. Any advice?
Yesterday morning me and gf had a kind of sex. We both were nude I didn't insert my boner into her vagina but we did se actions like that. Now we are sacred that will it cause an early pregnancy? She had can I pill yesterday itself. She is having stomach pain sometime and it goes. Please help us out madam. *how to know whether she is pregnant?*how does the ipill work? How can I� make sure that she is not pregnant. What all things show that she is not pregnant after having the pill? *Will mere rubbing of boner on her vagina leads to pregnancy?*After having the pill is it necessary that there should be bleeding after 8 days?*How to know whether my sperms have got inside her?*Us birth control pill different from I pill? Body fluids was also coming out at that time. Helps out we are scared. Please help us fast.
1.) what is the advanced medication for cardiomyopathy 2.) I also have problem in standing - could it be neuropathy / prolonged vitamin b deficiency, or nerves problems, I also suffered from extreme menorragia, vitamin d and iron deficiencies and face extreme fatigue for the last 12 years.
Hello doctor! I am 20 years old. I have been detected with PCOS recently. And I have been asked by the doctor I am consulting to have different medicines that include contraceptive. I don't want to intake such medicines. What are the natural ways that I can cure it? What are the food supplements that I should take? What are the habits that I should adopt in order to reduce cysts?
I have maintain sexual relationship with two males on average per month. Will there be any negative health issue?
I am a female of 26 years old. I m newly married on nov 2015 I had sex 40 times with my hubby of age 35 year. But not conceive at any time I have sex. My hubby penis stay hard only for 2 minutes and I never loose liquid at end but my liquid is released start to end own self during sex. I have thyroid also but its become normal now. I take only 25 mug tab once a day and a white colour tablet at night doctor given to me but I do not know his name. Doctor just says its a tablet for harmon. What is the problem in all matter. Why should I m not becoming mother? Tell me.
My father is 57 he is still very much interested in sex but my mom is not she is 48 aged. He follows my mom every moment .so we consulted to psychologist he told that he is suspicious on my mom and blaming my mom's character. My mom is good one. Doctor asked to use tablets but also he dint change after using tablets .he is still crying unnecessarily and unsleepy .and we are in dilemma and depressed with him.
Hello doctor my is 10 weeks pregnant jest now she went to urine it looks like light red in color what will be the problem.
When a woman is expecting her child, she has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders for the health and well-being of herself and her child. An expectant mother is recommended to follow certain rules and give up certain habits, so that during the pregnancy period she and the unborn child in her womb get all the nutrients for the healthy growth of the baby. There are certain preconception cares that the expecting mother must abide by.
Some of these are explained below:
- Giving up of bad habits: Smoking and drinking are not uncommon habits in today’s world. But when you are pregnant, it is advised that you give up these habits for some time at least. Smoking or inhalation of smoke makes it difficult for the child to breathe inside. Furthermore, if you are into substance abuse, then it is expected that you would give it up as well when you are pregnant.
- Health Supplements: Folic acid is a must during pregnancy. This is why medical practitioners often recommend you to take folic acid pills once a day to keep your immune system strong. It also provides you enough supplements for production of red blood cells and provides for the much needed iron in your body.
- Counselling: Many times people think that counselling is needed by those who are mentally unstable or in need of immediate help. But that is not the case. Counselling is important for every expectant woman. This is primarily to calm you down as you undergo several hormonal changes. Further, if you are pregnant for the first time then it is to guide you about the complications and side effects of pregnancy.
- Proper Immunization: There are a few vaccinations that you need to take when you are expecting. These would help in the proper development of the child, keep you away from severe diseases as well as boost your immune system. Thus, proper and timely vaccinations are a must during your pregnancy period.
Thus, these are some of the tips and rules that a pregnant woman must follow in order to make sure that she and her baby are healthy. These are often advised by the medical practitioner themselves, but on their own as well, woman take care of these points. These are just outlined to make the woman more cautious before the birth of her child. They are good for both the mother and the baby.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am having regular periods from starting onwards whn im 13 years old. Nw im 26 years still im hvng same prblm im unmarried. Im having pcod problem, thyroid level is 4.2 & haemoglobin is 14.2 consulting Dr. Sirisha fernandis hospital Hyd in month f jan 2015 she proscribed me yasmin pils for 6 months. Aftr dat too I nt get period normally. Again I visited to her she proscribed me continuously same pils fr my entire lif if you nt getting periods. I did fr 6: months more still the same problem then I stopped fr 1 month then I got periods but aftr thar same problem arisen again. I took period tab fr 5 dys dn I got my periods and the blood is only fr hardly 3 dys having not flow during night tme aftr dat frm past 2 months no periods so im started again taking same yasmin pils. So I hve to continue further same pills or suggest me sme good remedies or tablets or diet which helpful fr my continues periods and no problem getting pregnant aftr my marriage too. Hope Dr. Solves my problem.
2. Ignorance is certainly not bliss when it comes to sex.
3. Sexual health and sex information is very important for both partners.
4. Since teenage sex and premarital sex is so common nowadays, two things all need to know is how to avoid pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases especially HIV.
5. Premarital sex counselling should be advised to all prospective partners.