Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and having son of 6 months, incidently I got pregnant again but I dont want it right now as my baby is too little. What to do? is there any medicine for aborting my pregnancy?
I am 24 years old after sezrian delivery my weight is 65 kg and my tummy looks very big I have tried many ideas To rid out with that but no effects please tell me what should I do.
Helo doctors Meri shaadi hau hai recently lekin muje itni jaldi pregnant ni hona toh kab sex kiya jaye jise main jaldi pregnant Na rahu Please batana.
I getting married this month, I am afraid about sex, friends are suggesting me to have safe sex by using condom. Is it good to use condom with wife?. I am confused.
Homeopathy works excellently or rather better than modern medicine. Every female has different types of menstrual pain. Instead of taking allopathic painkillers, after taking a brief history, tailored homeopathic medications can be prescribed, thus the side effects of allopathic pain killers can be avoided. Similarly instead of taking hormonal treatment, homeopathy works better to control menopausal symptoms.
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUd has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone: Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 21 years .Is it safe to take cyproterone Acetate 2 mg ethinyl estradiol 35 mcg for long duration (20 yr) for hirsutism?
My friend had unprotected sex on her 19th day. It was her first time and it was not for long n did not ejaculate inside and also she took an ipill within 2 hours. Today 18th is her due date for period but it has not happened yet. She has exams going on so a lot of tension which might also be a reason for delay also she feels naseus but she is a gastric patient and due to exams she is staying up a lot. But she is scared if she is pregnant .please help.
I have marks due to pimples not pores too so I just want to get rid of it. And sometimes I got heat boil in my vagina.
My last period date was 25th December 2016, I missed my period and got 2 home pregnancy test at 28 Jan. What are do's and dont for me.
Sir/mam, I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 2nd may. 26 april was the first day of her periods. She has a 35 day cycle. Within two hours of sex she had taken i-pill. But till today she didn't got periods. 50 days over. After 30 and 37 days of sex she checked herself by pregnancy kit at home which came negative both time. She sometimes notices the signs of periods like swollen breast and abdomen pain, back pain but didn't got periods. Is this due to that I pill? Please guide us what to do. And what if she is pregnant as we are not married . Is there any medicine to to cure this irregularity of periods. Please guide us. Thanks.
Its been a week past my actual timing of period. I checked three times in three different mornings but my pregnancy test is negative. I had intercourse with my boyfriend but he used protection. NEED ADVICE.
My wife wanted to have a laser based family planning operation instead of normal family planning surgery. Will it be safe as normal? Can we have intercourse without condoms after this surgery? How safe is this?
Blockage in heart is a common term used for narrowing of coronary arteries. Coronary arteries are vessels (which supply blood and thus oxygen and food) to continuously working heart muscles. Heart muscles which are not tired working from the birth till death, however, cannot sustain long without blood supply.
A reduction in blood supply gives rise to ischemia of heart muscles commonly manifested as chest discomfort or angina. A sudden complete shutdown of blood supply leads to heart attack leading to permanent damage to heart (if blood flow not reestablished promptly).
But what causes these arteries to block? Deposition of LDL cholesterol (low density cholesterol) in inner surface of coronary arteries is the primary reason of these blockages. LDL a normal component of blood (upto certain limit) starts depositing in arteries as early as 10 years of age!
Deposition of billions of LDL molecules over several years on inner surface of arteries gives rise to visible narrowings of these arteries. Flow ahead of these narrowings are reduced in proportion to the narrowing. At a level of 70 % narrowing the flow is reduced to give ischemia (and angina) during exercise. Gradually increasing degree of narrowing reduces the exercise needed for ischemia and angina; a narrowing of more than 90 % can give symptoms at rest. A sudden clot formation at any of these stages can block the blood flow suddenly giving rise to a heart attack.
If LDL is a normal component of blood, why it is deposited in the arteries at first place?
LDL above a certain limit LDL-C ≤2.0 mmol/L in blood starts depositing in the arteries. Normal LDL value Diabetes, Hypertension, smoking, less exercise and genetics makes it more sticky thus making narrowing faster. This is why these risk elements need to be properly attended for prevention from heart disease. For treatment medicines are important for to halt the progression of narrowing of the arteries; There are surgical options like angioplasty (method of fast resolution of blockage;) and bypass surgery ( method of creating a whole new blood supply for the affected part of the heart) available. But Madhavbaug has developed a treatment that will effectively treat your blockage with the help of Ayurvedic Panchkarma sittings and lifestyle modifications. Kindly visit your nearest Madhavbaug Clinic for expert medical advice. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
I got married in 2014. And now after 2 years of marriage, I don't have any child, after than I was told by someone to go through the HSA, and in report azoospermia was shown. Now I want to know that can azoospermia be treated.
Hy. I am 20 years old & I have not been in periods since 1 and a half month. I am suffering from slight stomach ache.& has not had any sexual intercourse with any one. May I be guided by you that what may the reasons be of missing my periods?
Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda for whitening of teeth.
Apply alumin powder at night on your teeth for two to three minutes, hold it, and clean it with water daily for five minutes at night. Your teeth will shine.