Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Kulkarni
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I can feel one small ball or flesh-like small swelling inside my wife's left breast, she is 26 yrs. Old. We have 1 yr. 3 months baby boy, who is not ready to withdraw feeding, all reports are normal too, what should be done in this case? Though there is no pain or itching effect. Local doctor said, no issue.
Reasons for abdomen pain? I have been having abdomen pain with low back pain from past few days. I missed my periods last month.
Winter brings with it the most common skin problem of chapped lips. While you may think that chapsticks are the solution to your dry lip problems, chances are that they may be making your lips drier than what it was before you used it.
Why do chapsticks make your lips drier?
- The answer lies in the ingredients used. Chapsticks are composed of ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and glycerine, which make the lips drier. These suck the moisture out of your skin, especially during dry climate, which causes your lips to be even drier after using a chapstick.
- For chapsticks to be effective, the ingredients used need to be offset by other ingredients, which can help in moisturising your lips. Chapsticks containing ingredients like beeswax, shea butter and various other essential oils help in creating a physical barrier, which prevents in the loss of moisture from your lips.
So what can you do to cure chapped lips?
Use chapsticks that contain natural ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax and essential oils along with hyaluronic acid and glycerine. Alternatively, drinking plenty of water in winters can prevent your lips from drying out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
With menopause comes a steep decline in the levels of estrogen in the body. This deficiency of estrogen can lead to various physical changes in the vagina and the urinary tract. These changes can have adverse effects on the sexual health and well-being of women. Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation therapy aims to remedy these changes and improve sexual function and the quality of life in women.
Why do you need it?
A decrease in the levels of estrogen can cause dryness of the vagina, skin irritation and burning sensations. It can also cause problems with the urinary tract which includes urinary incontinence, painful urination and infections. The irregularity in the levels of estrogen due to pregnancy and child birth can also cause vaginal discomfort and painful sexual intercourse due to a lack of lubrication. Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation therapy provides estrogen treatment in localized regions to counteract these physical changes.
How is it done?
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation therapy uses a CO2 fractional laser which acts gently on the walls of the vaginal through a scanner. It forms micro-lesions on the treated areas which help in collagen production. It equilibrates and organizes the various components of the urogenital structures and vaginal mucosa.
2-3 treatment sessions that occur 4-6 weeks apart is usually recommended, followed by an annual treatment. You can resume your daily activities after a day or two.
What are the benefits?
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation helps nourish and hydrate the vaginal mucosa. It tones and strengthens the epithelium making it thicker and more elastic. It helps maintain the ph balance of the vagina. It also helps reduce the risks of infections by maintaining the natural protective barrier of the vagina. The vaginal tissues are enhanced by the therapy at the urethral aperture. This helps treat the problems with urinary tract which include urinary incontinence and painful urination.
It also helps improve sexual activity by heightening sexual arousal, response and enhances the chances of an orgasm.
The results of this treatment are immediately distinguishable and improve subsequently. Although it is advised that sexual intercourse be avoided for 3-4 post the treatment.
Hello. Im 21 yr old grl. I have a problem of pregnancy fear. Whenever I am wid my bf. We have not done any sexual activity. I was just sitting upon. Him. And he was little wet due to arousal. Bt we were dressed up. And now I fear that I may get pregnant. please Help me. And tell me that is there any possibility of being pregnant this way. Plzz relieve me out of this stress and fear.
My wife delivery done 3 month back. Now while during foreplay while I kiss breasts milk comes to my mouth. Is it good to take it and is good to do sex at this time or not.
Hii I had unprotected sex 2 times in this month and both the times after sex I had taken unwanted 72 pill and yesterday again my froncy had done unprotected sex with me and now I can not take the overdosage of unwanted 72 pill now what to do to stop birth control.
I am having doubt of pregnancy. But I am not confirm. My periods were not coming in last month so I took (deviry 10) 3 tablets n then periods came and remained for 7 days now in this month of July again my periods has not came. So is it possible that I am pregnant? Please give me the appropriate answers by a gynecologist. .
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.