Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. JyothishaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors. I am suffering from mild pcod doctor prescribed me NE -40 d folvite tab for 3 months. This month I want to conceive so they prescribed me OVA SHIELD. How many times d how many days should I take this tablet d will I able to conceive?
Had unprotected sex on 18th of July last my period got over in 17th of July. Took ipill within 3 hrs of sex. I have irregular period cycle. But I haven't got withdrawal bleeding nor period. Can I be pregnant? Wen will my period come.
I got married before one month and now I m pregnant I m having pcod and also taking medicine for irrational thoughts repeatedly comes in my mind I m not mentally prepared for conceiving But all suggest me to continue pregnancy because of pcod infertile rate I m confused Its too early I do not want baby so early please give me advice.
I am 27 years old man and I married last 20 month back I want to have children and I tried for last 3 months it but not get success result so what I should do?
Dear sir/madam, I am 28 years old, suffering from loose penis during intercourse, I am soaking coconut and dry dates over night in the milk and eat it in morning, will this help me to overcome my erection problem , and hard penis during sex, Or should I add almonds also in that milk over night period, please give your opinions.
I had unprotected sex with one virgin guy for 3 years. Even I am Virgin. We recently broke up. Can we find a new partner and be sure of no diseases?
Hi, I am planning for pregnancy can you please give me some tips, and I'm confused when is my ovulation day Becoz last month I had got my periods on 17th June 2016 this time I got my periods on 27th July 2016 and I was having periods only 3 says 29th my bleeding stopped so how will I no when is my ovulation day how to calculate and what are the easy way to get pregnant.
I was pregnant for 4 months then I had abortion I hve period for 15days. Now again after 15days I have a heavy periods or heavy bleeding. Why this is happening? Shall I have to do abortion again? Please help me.
I am using 1st time unwanted 21 and last pill is left I am taking regularly this pills but not get menses yet this means I am pregnant or this is just side effect of pill due to that I am facing hormonal imbalance in menses or irregular menses.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.