Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothisha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JyothishaYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. Im not having my periods reguraly. I got married in 2014 augest. Before marriage also im not having my periods regularly. My cycle was 35 to 40 days. Before month im having 45 days. But this month im not having my period that means from my cyclce+24days. I also take pregency also test shows negative. To get my period regular now im using the medicine regestrone in a process. Its a 5days course three days are over. Nd im not having any vomiting sensation also. Im not ready now to get pregnant. Can you please give me the best suggestions.
I am 8 month pregnant, yesterday went for consulting doctor told your baby weight is 1.8 kg. Is this normal or not?
Hii doctor. I'm 24 years old. I have 3mths baby. During birth his weight is 2.50 kg.now he is 4.45 kgs.every month he increased. My question is "is lactogen is safe for babies" Because from birth till now i'm giving lactogen. I also feed side by side but my milk is not sufficient. 5 times per day i'm giving lactogen for baby. I also took mothers horlicks, lactonic for myself but not good result. What can I do now.
Am 29 years old women who is a mother of 8 years boy. I have gone through six abortions by misoprostol pills. When am newly married and mother of new born am not DAT much aware of pregnancy which leads to abortion. But now though we took so many safety precautions I have undergone these many abortions. We don't need a second baby n we both not ready for family planning operation. What to do n is their any side effects will their affect me in future or now. Thank you.
Miscarriage is a term which refers to spontaneous fetal loss before the fetus has acquired the capability to survive independently in outside environment.
Symptoms of Miscarriage
- Vaginal bleeding
- Lower abdominal pain
- Disappearance of pregnancy symptoms if they had appeared earlier
- Mother may feel physically weak as she might have suffered heavy bleeding.
- Mentally there might be feeling of guilt and depression.
Causes of Miscarriage
- Fetal chromosomal abnormalities
- Parental chromosomal abnormalities
- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (auto immune pathology)
- Uterine structural abnormalities
- Maternal infections
- Maternal medical disorders
- Extremes of nutrition- morbid obesity as well as extreme malnutrition
- Social and behavioral factors- substance abuse, alcohol consumption, smoking
- Occupational hazard
- Environmental factors
A case of miscarriage is a traumatic experience for the pregnant woman as well as her family. As soon as the pregnancy is confirmed, a consultation with Gynaecologist should be sought and antenatal care should be started for a healthy pregnancy and happy mother. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Facing trouble conceiving? 3 Reasons you should consider IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation)
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child. IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!