Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JyothishaYour feedback matters!
I recently got married . But this is my wife second marriage. She has got one daughter from her first husband. Now we are planning to have a baby of both of us. But I have a doubt. If I will insert my sperm inside her , will it cause HiV virus to me. As she was sexually active with her First husband. If I do sex with her and insert my sperm in her will it lead to HiV.
Me and my gf had sex 5-6 times last year with a gap of weekly or 2 weeks. Every time she took unwanted 72 pills to avoid pregnancy. Her menstruation cycle is distributed and now her periods is of 35-40 days instead as before 28-30 days from last 5-6 months. These 5-6 months we didn't had any sex intercourse. She took pregnancy home test and her results is negative. We are scared what's the problem. What would you suggest?
Hi I am 27 years old and I am 5 days late to period . My last date of period is 20-6-2016 and on July 25 I checked for pregnancy it is negative. Doctor suggested me to take cap. Hald sr for getting periods . I am confused actually I am trying for pregnancy. What shall I do now should I use tablet for getting periods, or wait for few days for confirmation. please help me.
I am 45 plus. I have my period started on 12th june at night but the heavy bleeding is continued till today without any pain. Last time my period was on 5th of may and it was normal. What should I do?
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Cause: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.
I'm newly married since 1 year And while foreplay my life parter don't like to insert my finger her vagina to stimulate more she likes only penis inside vagina and whenever I am inserting my penis inside the vagina I have early ejaculation what should I do for best sex life. Kindly suggest to me.
Vegetables have always been an integral part of every healthy meal, as they contain nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, which ensure smoothness of skin and prevent wrinkles.
Here are some of those veggies, which would help you maintain your youthful, healthy appearance and visage. Read more to find out about them:
- Broccoli: Make sure you have a generous portion of this vegetable when you are on a meal as this green cruciferous vegetable is stuffed with phytonutrients, which reduce inflammation and also help preventing lung cancer and stomach cancer. They also contain essential nutrients which help in cell repair and help to slow down the aging process.
- Spinach: Spinach is your go to food if you want you to retain your hard earned muscle tone. Studies indicate that spinach helps in strengthening your muscles. It contains magnesium, more than any other food item per serving. It helps to maintain muscle definition and nerve function as well as regulates blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Kale: Kale is full of vitamin K, which is very essential for blood coagulation and preventing internal hemorrhaging. It is also essential to maintain the strength of your bones as you age. Studies have shown that Kale also helps to prevent prostate cancer. Consume it cooked to maximize its benefits.
- Onions: Onions are very helpful in preventing and resolving your stomach trouble. It prevents the growth of H. pylori bacteria, which causes ulcers, gastritis and gastric cancer. Unfortunately deep fried onion rings do not count. Garlic and tea, other food items, which are rich in flavonoid are some other alternatives, which you can go for.
- Eggplant: Eggplants are rich in Nasunin, a nutrient which helps in the anti-aging process and helps prevent cancer as well. Eggplants also help prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- Red Bell Pepper: Red bell peppers contain vitamin C, which triggers the production of white blood cells that fight against germs and bacteria. Consuming a diet, which is rich in vitamin C helps to lessen wrinkles because it helps in the production of collagen.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"
I had my last period on 14feb I had done my u/s on 7 april and it showed baby is 1week smalleri. E. 6week 3 days and heartbeat is slow on 22 april I did u/s again nand it showed no cardiac activity and the baby is not grown since the 6week 5days and said its a missed abortion. Doctor has asked me to undergo an abortion. I want to wait in hope that heartbeat can been seen again. Please advice.
Sir I aborted my 2 week old child naturally. Sir I want to ask when will I get rid of this ovary pain. Please tell me I am worried.
Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age.
PCOS causes irregular menstrual cycles, excessive body or facial hair and polycystic ovaries as it's main symptoms.
The cause of PCOS is not known. Some women with PCOS are less sensitive to insulin than other women. Insulin resistance can cause the ovaries to produce too many male hormones. The resulting hormonal imbalance can cause symptoms of PCOS. Currently, PCOS has no cure, but a variety of PCOS treatments can help alleviate the symptoms of this disease, including fertility.
PCOS symptoms -
-irregular or missing menstrual periods
-excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
-thinning hair on the scalp
-weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
-skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
-birth control pills to regulate menstruation
-ovulation induction to treat infertility
-treatment for hair loss
-removal of other skin problems
Lifestyle and prevention
A healthy diet low in refined carbohydrates is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels. Exercise can also help the body regulate insulin and keep excess weight off. Losing weight is challenging with PCOS but doing so can help reduce the male hormone levels in the body, and some women will begin to ovulate naturally. With a proper diagnosis, lifestyle changes and PCOS treatments, women can get relief from this condition and the overwhelming health problems it can cause.
Sip your way toward better health with green tea. Touted for its numerous health benefits, the most nutrient-packed types contain catechin and antioxidants that fight and might, even, prevent cell damage. Some of the most effective varieties of best green tea are LongJing, Kukicha, Schincha, Gyokuro and Matcha green tea powder. Enjoy wonderful, hot green tea three times in between meals to reap the most benefits.
And in case you’re wondering just what those health benefits of green tea are, drink these in:
1. Green tea weight loss
The benefit here is two-fold: not only does green tea give your metabolism a boost, but also, choosing this drink over other more sugary options will greatly decrease your caloric intake, therefore, green tea and weight loss go hand in hand.
2. Less stress
According to health.com, the amino acid, theanine, in green tea, is known for its calming effect. Research shows that it can reduce both a rising heart rate and rising blood pressure.
3. Cancer prevention
While the jury is still out on if there’s “proof,” some studies have shown that green tea might help eliminate cancer cells; and because green tea is known to assist healthy cells with growth, many feel that drinking this “wonder” beverage might be one of the ways to naturally help your body heal from the inside.
4. Reduced risk of diabetes
Green tea can help prevent both sharp increase in blood sugar after a meal and high insulin spikes (thus, also helping prevent fat storage).
5. Decreased chance of heart disease
Drink green tea and thus, equip your blood vessels with the ability to better withstand changes in blood pressure and formation of clots – the number one cause of heart attacks.
6. Lowered cholesterol
Leave your good cholesterol untouched and bring your bad cholesterol down with regular consumption of green tea.
7. Protection of brain cells
Green tea might have a role in preventing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by protecting brain cells from dying and restoring those that are damaged.
8. Stop tooth decay
The aforementioned catechin has the ability to eradicate bacteria and viruses, thus, protecting your teeth from many dental conditions, including tooth decay.
9. Lowered blood pressure
A 2004 study of Chinese tea drinkers showed that drinking as little as a half-cup of green tea daily could potentially lower the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 50%.
10. Less depression
Similar to its effect on those with anxiety, consumption of theanine (a component of green tea), alleviate stress and promote relaxation.
Green tea has been shown to have an antiviral effect on the influenza virus.
The antioxidants in green tea can counteract the effects of free radicals, which are harmful to the skin. When applied topically, green tea can reduce sun damage and rejuvenate the skin.
13. Improved brain health
One Swiss study showed that brains of green tea-drinkers had more activity in working-memory area, than brains of those who haven’t included green tea into their diet regimen.
14. Healthy cells
Because the leaves of green tea are not heavily processed, it’s rich in the catechins that could, potentially, prevent cell damage.
Wonderful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea are likely to slow the development of signs of aging.
16. Protection from arthritis
According to CNN, green tea can boost the immune system and reduce joint-destroying substances.
17. Stronger bones
Drinking green tea regularly can help stimulate bone formation and help slow the breakdown and weakening of existing bones.
18. Combat food poisoning
Drinking green tea frequently can protect you from the diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dehydration (that can accompany food poisoning), thanks to powerful bactericidal effects of this wonderful healthy drink.
Green tea benefits also include boosting your immune system. No wonder it’s a favorite in many rehab centres. Prime your immune system to fight off infection with powerful antioxidants in green tea, which can fight off free radicals very efficiently.
20. Prevent asthma
The caffeine in green tea will not just give you a jolt of energy – it can also help those with asthma breathe easier by relaxing their muscles.
Hi! My wife is not able to enjoy sex even after a year of childbirth. She is not getting the feeling properly. Age 25, weight 65. No drug addiction. Please advise if it can be cured without medicines.
I had spotting in my period which differs from regular period. I had nausea morning sickness abdomen pain etc.what can i do?
Sir I have to ask a question 15 days ago I had sex with my girl friend now she feels stress and after using pregnancy test the double line comes she says she was pregnant. And she was too much worry about this even I am also what can I do. I fell shy from doctor what to do I cannot understand and also time goes. What should I do for her please suggest me. She says that she miss the 10 days of her period date now she sure about her pregnancy.
This is the 5th month from the day I had intercourse with a escort. From last 1 week I am having the continuous burning sensation on tip of my penis and sometime pain spread to testicles. 1 week before the pain was acute but now it does not hurt much. Sometime I find little pain while urinating and sometime for days I feel ok. I do not have any discharge coming. No pus, no yellow or green fluid. Sometime I feel like something is coming from my penis but nothing comes. I do not have any symptoms like rashes or blisters. This thing happened when I had a much alcoholic consumption 1 week ago and the next morning I woke up with this feeling. Now the pain spread into my back. I have a joint pain issue from last two years but for the last week it got increased little bit. I thought it was UTI but I was do not have any symptoms like peeing again and again and continuous burning sensation. I got little etching but my skin seems to be clean. I also had a anxiety as soon I finished the intercourse. because I had a doubt that she had a STD. I started taking PEP withing 60 hours. The after 1 month back I tested for PCR DNA . which came out negative. I did a protected intercourse but I still doubt that I used it properly as it was my first time I had a intercourse irritated about the burning sensation in the tip of my penis. Pain is normal and bearable but sensation continues. I took advice of Urologist. There was no UTI infection . He said be to go for STD test again and gave some medicines for relief but conditions are same. Very scared! seems to be like a dark future! I waiting for my complete std check report. I am anxious about HIV. Depressed. Please advice
The perfect figure of a woman is 36-26-36 But I am 30-26-30. What I should do for the perfect figure.
Hi, in last few weeks have developed acnes on my face, when consulted its due to some hormones issue (PCOD), I am married & we are planning family. Pls let me know how much time it will take to treat the acnes.
I am 23 years old girl. I am suffering from irregular periods and also toes ache. I also need psychiatric help.
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.