Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyothi Singh
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi, In June 2015 I got a throat syst. I go to doctors but nobody can find out the problem. In the end I go to a professional he found that it's a syst. He operate me, and have a biopsy of that syst. But everything was fine there was nothing serious. But after that it starts hurting their when I got smoke. Then I quit smoking and pain go away. But when I smoke It came back and I go for a CT scan of neck but they found nothing there. But when I smoke I mean I take tobacco the pain starts again it seems like something burning inside my throat what is wrong with me please tell me.
My son has tonsils problem, and, vitamin D is 13.5 he has bone pain problem what type of medicine I give him nd. Immunity is low.
I am suffering from gas, nausea headache, unable to swallow in Morning till 12.30 - 1.00 Late wake up 10.30 - 11.00,very low energy,& terrible pain in muscles, jaw etc. Eruptions till thyroid gland. Little mucus cough white with nausea vomiting while brushing teeth Trapped while lying on single bed with 2 pillows, sometimes I have to turn the pillow. Pain at nodal with thyroid gland in ears to ringing itchiness tinnitus. TMJ pain.
I had sinus disorder feelings. Recently done DNS correction surgery, septoplasty. Now one of my nose is blocked. Sometimes left one, sometimes right one. And my sinus disorder and irritations is also not solved. please give me a good suggestion.
Best medicine for throat pain and coughing. Since I slept with open window and it was raining very hard. So, I caught cold.
This all began 2 weeks ago with a bad stomach, followed by terrible back pains and then fever now I feel sick dizzy and my head is so heavy I am so confused as to what is wrong with me I never felt like this before, to make things worse I woke up today with a flu.Please suggest.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.