Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JyothiYour feedback matters!
Headaches on their own are quite a pain, but headaches can also be a symptom of a more serious illness. Most headaches are caused by the disturbance of pain sensitive structures around the brain. This can be inside or outside the cranium. Headaches can be seen as a sign of stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, food allergies etc. Thus, it can be considered a warning that you need to change your lifestyle or diet and relax. Depending on what causes the headache, a number of homeopathic remedies can be used to treat it.
- Aconite: This is effective if the headache comes on suddenly and is worsened by cold. Another symptom of headache, which can be effectively treated by aconite is the accompanying of the headache by the feeling of a tight band over the head.
- Belladonna: A throbbing headache that is centered on the front or right side of the head can be treated with Belladonna. This sort of headache is usually accompanied by shooting pains, dilated pupils and aggravated by the slightest movement, sound or draft of air. It is also usually worse in the afternoons.
- Nux vomica: This is an effective cure for headaches caused by excessive alcohol or coffee, indigestion and hepatic insufficiency. It is usually centered over the eye and can persist all day or all night.
- Cocculus: Symptoms of headaches that can be treated with cocculus are first, pain that extends from the back of the head to the nape of the neck, motion sickness and a tendency to worsen by thinking too much. Such types of headaches improve when the patient is indoors and resting.
- Sanguinaria: A headache, which begins at the back of the head and settles over the right eye can be treated with Sanguinaria. These headaches usually start in the morning and intensify as the day progresses. It is often experienced by women who bleed excessively during menstruation. Lying down can relive this sort of headache.
- Spigelia: A headache that settles over the left eye can be treated with Spigelia. Such headaches usually begin in the morning, reach their peak in the afternoons and subside by the evenings. Noise, movement or a change in weather can aggravate such headaches.
- Cimicifuga: Headaches caused by fatigue and exhaustion can be treated using cimicifuga. This sort of pain is associated with sharp pains over the years and a shooting pain at the top of the head. You may feel like a bolt being driven through the head.
Hi, I am Dr Milind Bhatt. I'm a classical homoeopath. I give medicine on your dreams, I give Medicine on your basic nature. So why do I have to give medicine on your dreams? Why nature? What is the difference between you and me? All us have two eyes one nose two ears. The difference is the way in which we think and on the aspects when we give the medicine we can wonder.
Now suppose if anybody's coming to the first time to the doctor definitely the patient will wonder why you asking about my nature even if asked is not going to reveal everything but a stage comes where he'll say this is me one two three four five nothing beyond there or maybe they will not go the way to see the negative aspects that time we asked about the dreams. And the dreams play wonderful role in understanding human psychology. I here narrate an amazing example. A patient had come with spine TB mentioned by a big doctor of Bombay hospital that Tb may go to the brain and you know something greater has happened to this patient.
I was just wondering when a patient has everything in his life why would he suffer from such big irreversible disease? when asked about his nature, he just mentioned everything is fine he is multimillionaire like he has everything in his life-like there is nothing to worry about. When I asked his mom she said oh he's a very obedient child. The father also praises. So I was just wondering that there has to be something but I could feel something so I asked about to tell me something if you have any recon dreams. There are two dreams which are recurrent. One was he's donating in bulk and it just looked at me even I looked at him because a rich person who has lot of money if he gets a dream of donating doesn't make any difference it's not important to me I was just waiting for the second dream so the second Dream was that he is piercing that knife into somebody's abdomen he is enjoying that dream the liptum is pulling out intestine. It is sadistic, it is not normal.
The world knows that he's a rich person, he is content, he has everything then why is an obedient child, a quiet child, then why is he enjoying such a dream? Now, who would tell me the actual nature? The wife. So I called her wife. She looked at me. She said so I have to tell you something but then you promised me that it will be between you and me because he is going to give me a kick because he will not like this revealing his nature. I said okay we are here just to cure him. She told me, sir, he would buy me a diamond ring and one day he bought a diamond ring he kept it on the bed I saw the name i took the ring and I just tried it on my finger. The moment he saw he just beat me up and I was looking at him and he was heartless I could not understand why he was doing this? He had bought it for me so when I am wearing the ring then why is he beating me? The second thing I was feeding my baby and little bit curtain were opened and he started beating me. I found see these two instances I could understand that this patient is not normal he has got bipolar or he got split personality on the task that we have a medicine called Anacardium. Gave a dose of Anacardium and everybody surprised that TB spine went away and the best part of it was the wife came And told me sir I can't and I will never be able to forget you, sir, because his nature has changed. Previously he was a reckless, impatient and very violent. He has developed patience and tolerance and he has not beaten me since then. So this is how we treat with homoeopathy from nature when we get stuck somewhere we ask about dreams and the dreams reveal everything about yourself.
For more information you can contact me or you can reach me through lybrate.com.
I am 6 days late for my period and have not yet started. My period was due on 27 may, I started getting stomach cramps on 25 till 31st, this was the first time I got cramps ever. I even have slight pain in breasts for a little while but not constant. Got a blood test done for beta hcg and tsh. Beta hcg is less than 1.2 and tsh is 5.07 Are there any other tests that I should get done, or should I test pregnancy again after some days else do I need any medicine for periods to start.
Hi Doctor I had a termination of pregnancy of 1 week using MT Pill on 04th Feb and bleeding stopped completely on 20th Feb. Now again I am tested positive on Pregnancy Test. I am not sure if I got pregnant again or previous termination didn't happen completely. If its a new pregnancy this time, Shall I again use MT Pill to terminate it or go under medical examination this time.
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent, in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum.
The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a washcloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible, so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movement, which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.
Hi, A portion of my left breast has hardened and as a result, i am experiencing pain . I delivered a baby boy about 5 months back and currently lactating. Could you please explain the cause for the hardening ?
I am having tightness in my right breast from past 2 days. I felt like a knot in my breast. Then I took a hot bag as it was paining allot. Now the tightness is less. And I can feel the pain only when I touch it. Little redness was there. But no excretion was there from my breast.
In today’s world, females have advance techniques available for shaping up their breasts. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe.
Gone are the days, when you would sit back at home and blame nature for your saggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery at your rescue. Breast augmentation can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplift its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4 cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
1. In the crease under breast
2. Underarm (axillary)
3. Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple.
Saline implants are put in an empty form and then filled with sterile salt water. Silicone implants are, however, pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take painkillers, as advised by the surgeon.