Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I am 15 yrs girl and have done heamoglobin test today in which I got report showing 9.7gm% which shows its much then required count. So can you suggest what shall I do naturally to increase my heamoglobin count without medicines. To inform you I dont have any other symptoms & just did this report as mom said I am looking bit pale. Please advice.
My baby is suffering from dysentery frequently. Is there any permanent solution to get out of this.?
Having a baby brings about a number of changes in your life, including a change in the way you look. The nine months see you putting on additional weight, which you try to shed off once you deliver. To help you get back into shape, here are some very effective and simple ways that you can follow:
Losing weight doesn't mean you need to get started on a vigorous exercise regimen; even a simple walk around your apartment block can help you to lose your baby weight. Whether it's going up and down the stairs for 15 minutes or pushing the stroller for about 30 minutes, such activities can bring your body's calorie-burning capacity back on track.
- Breastfeed to burn about 600-800 calories everyday - Breastfeeding is not only good for your newborn but also for you. Breastfeeding your child can help you to lose weight considerably as it's a great way of burning off all the baby fat.
- Lift weights to speed up your body's metabolism - Lifting weights can aid in improving your body's metabolism, thereby helping you to lose your baby weight effectively. By adding weight training to your fitness regimen, you're in fact helping yourself to build muscle mass and losing weight in the process. To do this, you don't need any gym equipment, for instance, you can do lunges while taking your baby around in a stroller. Or do them while holding your child close to your chest.
- Always snack healthily - Having healthy snacks in place of high-calorie sugary foods can help you to get back your post-pregnancy shape. Studies show that yogurt and low-fat milk can help in weight loss as the calcium content present in these two foods block a hormone that assists the body in storing fat. Moreover, consuming foods high in fiber like raisins and figs can help in improving your digestion.
- Get adequate sleep - Sleeping is another way in which you can shed off those extra kilos. Try to sleep whenever you get the time as it'll help to keep you from binging on junk foods as well as keep your energy levels in check.
Related Tip: Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby & Mother
My daughter is 1 year old.In 24 hours she sleep 2 hours in day and 7-8 hours in night but not properly. 1-2 times she wakes up in night. She is also under weight baby. Her weight is only 8 kg. I don't know what should I do. Is she suffering from any kind of diseases? Can I test my baby's thyroid?
My baby's DPT vaccination is due in 2 days. Shall I go for painless DPT instead of the regular painful DPT? Will that be effective in long run if I go for painless vaccine?
My 7 month baby boy last 3-4 days, every night crying so much and also having some cough, what can I do for him?
My daughter 2+ still she wont speak, she utter words but can not connect or complete the words. Very active but wont respond for our call. Any help.
My 10 years old twins daughters having plum body. They are not very overweight and they are very active too But still looks plum. Their height is around 4.5" and weight around 42 KG
My 9 Month old daughter swallowed a plastic pen cap (back side of the pen). She is not showing any signs of distress. Please suggest what to do?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My son 2 years 2 months old, from last 3 days he is having loose motions & fever. After consultant with Dr. Motion has been stop but having fever frequently. Now Dr. Ask for stool test and as per result he having mucus + & puscell + in stool. So please tell me if + mucus is to be worried & how we get remedy of frequent fever. Medicine was Domcet suspension, Amefur Suspension, PacimolMF.
Hello doc. My son is 4months n 2weeks. He is got frequent watery motions almost everyday. sometimes thrice or four times in a day. It is very running n spoils his clothes almost diarrhea like. Whats the remedy please advc. He is on breast feed only. But other than that he is gaining weight n playful n cheerful.
My baby is 2 yrz old he had sum rashes in both of his leg which got treated by the doctor bt as dayz pass on sum kinda black marks came all over his legs nd he getz very itchy.Various pediatricians recommended calamine lotion,calapure lotion and dr.Reddy's skin lotion bt itz nt fading away due to extreme itchyness he is jst scratching dem and making them worse.What kind of lotion wil b suitale for this problem
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.