Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Joshna PatelYour feedback matters!
The research shows that eating walnuts can positively affect various heart health markers for example consuming to walnuts can reduce total cholesterol raise hdl (good) cholesterol reduce inflammation and show marked improvement in arterial function. It also helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in older adults and decrease the number and size of tumours in breast and prostate cancer in animal models.
Today we use smartphones in every possible moment of life; it makes our life easy in every imaginable situation from managing professional contacts, to ordering food, to getting navigational assistance, to paying bills etc. But have you ever wondered, what is the price we would pay if we turn completely dependent or addicted to our smartphones? Smartphones can increase the chances of sleep disorders, lack of concentration, slows a child's socio-emotional growth, can cause compulsive nature etc.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo suggests that apart from harmful phone radiations; smartphones and tablets has other ways too, to harm our mental & emotional health.
1. Smartphone Causes sleep disorder: When a person stares at the backlit portable screen of the phone or tablet, it shines short-wavelength, blue light, into the eyes. This stimulates the brain, telling it to stay alert and when Smartphone is used extensively post evening time, the chances are high that body will not release the hormone melatonin, essential for maintaining body’s biological clock. Hence depending on the person’s body sooner or later the chances are very high that person will suffer from the sleep disorder. Prolonged inadequate sleep, not only degenerate the brain cells, but it also causes high blood pressure and heart-related diseases.
2. Smartphones affects’ the social and emotional development of child: when a metropolitan child (generally they are burdened with school homework) is regularly allowed to play with smartphones, their opportunity to learn from face to face interactions or from physical activities get shorter. This affects their brain development as well as hinders their socio-emotional growth.
3.A smartphone gives an instant access to social networking sites and emails; these features sometimes can build compulsion among a person to constantly keep checking updates and emails. Such a compulsion can create lack of concentration, unnecessary mood swing (if the person find an unpleasant update or email at wrong hours of the day, like before sleep).
marriage counselor East of Kailash, best psychologist in Delhi, best psychologist in South Delhi, cure anxiety in south Delhi, psychologist in south delhi
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
I am 25 yr girl from last 3 months my period comes before 15 or 10 days but this month again normal what is it.
I am not getting periods I don't have hormone problem and pcod. I am 17 years old and my weight is 65.
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I have no regular periods. There many up days of every months .and very much pain during periods time. Plzz suggest what should I do.
I want to know that is it ok to have glass of milk mixed with a spoonful of boost if I am trying to conceive.
I am 21 years old unmarried virgin man and I have some pimple on my penis from so many days but it has never bothered me like itching or pain etc. Please suggest me, Will it be cured automatically or I have to go to any doctor? Thank you!
I'm 5 weeks pregnant. My gynecologists prescribe me blood test. My beta hcg level is 227.1 mLu/ml. Is there any serious thing with this level? Normal range is higher than my level. please advise me.
Whenever I eat I feel like throw out while engulfing morsels. Many times I succeed to control but sometimes it vomits out suddenly if I take 2-3 morsels in one go. Also my stomach get full in one and very first bite. My stomach push upwards every time after having meal. Thats why I do not like eating food. If I do not eat I feel hungry but if I eat I feel like done in very frst bite but at that time I think no, I am feeling hungry so I should eat more so I eat forcefully to full my stomach but it tends to throw out. What should I do? please help me. I am suffering alot.
I am 38th week 5 days pregnant. Still the baby head is not fixed. Can I go through a normal Delivery in future. Please suggest.
Polycystic ovarian cyst disease (PCOD)
It is a disease characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. The ovary is enlarged and it produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones, this condition is also called as polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Causes - hereditary / genetic disease (family history of someone with condition), overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens and causes pcod, obesity can aggravate pcod, excess insulin may cause high androgen levels and causes pcod.
Irregular menses / delayed / heavy periods.
Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
Pimples, oily skin, dandruff, thinning of hair, hairfall.
Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back.
Heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
Depression, mood swings.
1) do regular exercise - exercise for 45 minutes, walking, jogging and aerobic exercise are great exercise that people can do.
2) eat healthy and balanced diet - it includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and whole grains, brown rice. Limit foods that are high in saturated fat, such as meats, cheese and fried foods. Avoid dairy products, red meat, sugary foods and drinks.
(select what you eat from the following food groups -
Vegetables - carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach.
Cereals - barley, oats, whole wheat, brown rice, multigrain bread.
Pulses - yellow and green moving, chana dal, beans, whole pulses.
Dairy products - skimmed or toned milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt.
Nuts - walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds).
3) control weight - losing weight may help to get your hormones in balance and regulate your menstrual cycle these are the main part of the treatment for pcod.
4) treatment of hirsutism or acne.
5) restoration of regular menstrual cycle, restoration of fertility.
Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effects. Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of disease. Here are some homeopathic remedies for pcod -
1) sepia - menses are irregular (sometimes too late and scanty or too early and profuse) + bearing down pains from back to abdomen + a ball like sensation in the inner parts + yellowish or greenish leucorrhea + irritable and indifferent temperament.
2) pulsatilla - menses are late and scanty + thirstless and takes little water + mild, gentle and yeilding temperament + changeable moods + suited to young girls in whom the problem starts at puberty.
3) natrum mur - irregular and suppressed menstrual cycles + beneficial for women with difficulty in conception due to pcod + aversion to heat of sun and craving for extra salt in the diet + reserved minded + symptoms gets worse when sympathy offered.