Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JonnyYour feedback matters!
I am carrying 7th month, and had thyroid disease which doesn't have before. After delivery thyroid continues or will go ? Thanks in advance.
I am 30 years old woman but I dont have any child. Is there any problem if I conceive after 1 more year.
Hello sir, I am asking about my wife, she is suffering by uncontrolled periods, uncontrolled flow of blood regularly for 7to 8 days. Coz of it she gonna bodyweakness, feels body fully broken, how can solve this long time irregular periods problem.
Many of us need that jolt of coffee to kick-start our day. Science has backed caffeine since ages for its antioxidant properties but sadly it also increases blood pressure and affects the kidneys.
Today's generation is all about taking risks to a whole new level. Many pubs and lounges offer caffeinated alcoholic beverages, and many health drink companies are making energy drinks aimed for the fun loving youth. Though they may be a good idea for a fun night, but a concoction of booze and caffeine together may not be such a good idea says a new study.
Consuming such mixtures is extremely harmful to the brain. Energy drinks contain almost 10 times the amount of caffeine that is approved by the fda to be allowed for consumption by adolescent teens. Mixing them with alcohol alters the brain activity forever that even lasts into adult life.
In a study conducted by the purdue university lead by Dr. Richard van rijn and his team, experiments were conducted on mice that were fed coke mixed with alcohol. Researchers saw significant changes in the parts of the brain that are related with addiction. Similar changes were seen in the mice that were given cocaine. Studies conducted on mice brain produces similar results on human brain.
When one consumes only alcohol, it gives a feeling of happiness. However, when you drink too much, the body knows that you have overconsumed and starts to shut itself down - you feel sleepy so that you don't harm yourself too much.
The stimulatory effect of an energy drink mixed with booze seems obvious. This study published in alcoholism: clinical and experimental research can provide some refreshing insight into it. Lead author and psychologist cecile marczinski showed how the body shuts down any in-built pathways when one overindulges. For research purposes, volunteers divided into groups were asked to drink plain alcohol, energy - alcohol beverages, energy drinks alone and a non-alcoholic beverage assuming that the group who drank energy- alcohol drinks would also show symptoms of sedation. Much to the surprise of the research team, participants who had energy- alcohol beverages showed twice as much stimulation than with plain alcohol alone.
Also, the researchers discovered that it was not only the caffeine found in the energy drink that was the culprit, but the activation of other ingredients in the beverages as well e. G. Glucose, taurine and ginseng which are all stimulatory for the human brain.
The reason a concoction of alcohol and caffeine gives such an intense reaction is because both alcohol and caffeine release dopamine - the ‘feel good hormone’ in the brain.
Teenage brain is weak &amp; subtle and if it is flooded with high levels of dopamine, they may need higher amounts of it to experience the same #x2018 high #x2019; later in life due to development of tolerance which makes quitting also more tough.
The heightened stimulation along with impulsivity makes energy-alcohol drinking quite dangerous especially for teenage drinkers who think they can hold their alcohol or still have control over the steering wheel after heavy boozing at a party.
Next party, choose your poison carefully
Hello Team I want to know best precaution during the sex. Because me n my husband don't want baby at least 2 years. Suggest me best tips to avoid pregnancy. Suggest me best protection.
Migraine vs. Headache: know the difference
How to differentiate between a migraine and headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
Related Tip: 8 Common Migraine Triggers You Must Stay Away From
Sir, I'd like to know is there any way that no chance of pregnancy occurs without safety and pills even though the sperm goes inside? I. E. Any free hits within the month.
Im 6 months 14 days pregnant nw. I got my scan done wen I was 19 weeks 6 days peg. N I found dat my baby is under w8. His EFW is 309gms. Aftr diz scan I started iron n calcium tablets. N nw wat should I do. For healthy baby. 2 increase d w8.
Hello Dr. .mujhe thyriod h tsh 5.8 hai weight 67 hai .aur ovary me toda swelling hai .mai last 4 month se baby plan kar rahi hu .but nai ho pa rah h .mai thyriod k liye 25 mg ki medicine le rahi hu .mujhe period regular aate h .dr ne harmony F medicine lene ko kaha h .dr kya meri problm bahut badi h jisse mujhe baby concieve nai ho payega.
Could you tell me any tonic for improving her weight and height ,shall I give her enfagrow.Please tell.
My daughter aged 15 suffering with pcod problem from last few years. She is more weight than normal weight. What is the best remedy and how to get menses periodically.
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I'm having my periods from last 13-15 days. I'm so irritated by this. What should I do. My hemoglobin rate is 9.9 on last Saturday when I check.
I am 27 year of age n is married since last 3 years I have suffering from sleeplessness from last 6 months. I have gone through ovarian cyst surgery last year but still suffering from pain. They have removed my tubes n left Ovry.
I am in the third trimester of my first pregnancy. I am having pulse rate upto 121 and bp upto 94/70. Is this due to vomiting that I had or I need to consult my doctor?
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures. Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, m 24 years old. Is fingering alot called loosing a virginity? My boyfriend did all dos stuffs. Bt we never had a sex. We have broke up with each other. I want to know will my future relationship will get affected by dis? Coz he has fingered? Am I still a virgin? Is der any test to checkout the virginity? Pls rply.
Brown sugar or White sugar?
Brown bread or White bread?
Everyone is health conscious today and most of us now believe that #brown is always the most healthiest option. But is that really true?
No doubt brown rice has more fiber and is commonly used by weight conscious people. That's true but white rice is also nice. Moderate intake of white rice also acts as fat burner. White rice has Inositol, which has fat burning, anti-anxiety and irritability reducing property. So enjoy a mix of both.
Brown sugar and white sugar both have almost same calorie content 17kcal. But most of us tend to think that white sugar is refined so its not good for health. Sugar is not a killer itself. The way we use sugar makes it harmful. Intake of overloaded sugar in biscuits, pastries, cakes, sweets and dairy affects our health. Using white sugar in moderate amount in home made food is acceptable.
Both brown and white bread are source of energy. Best option for us is to eat chapati or rice that is cooked at home and fresh rather than choosing breads whose shelf life is only few hours.