Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. JonnyYour feedback matters!
Depression and anxiety are affecting millions, all over the world and the phrase ‘pull yourself together” is still at play in INDIA. There is a huge social stigma, and a sense of shame about what others in the community might think about visiting a professional, which now needs to be corrected.
Research shows that Psychotherapy and counselling sessions are the most effective treatments to cure all psychological problems. These sessions not only help individuals to cope with daily problems, but also teaches them the skills and strategies to deal with them more effectively and make oneself emotionally and mentally empowered.
With Psychotherapy and counseling, you’ll learn more effective ways to deal with problems. gradually, you would develop certain problem-solving skills, coping mechanisms and better perception for overall growth.
A lot of people do not seek help and suffer internally because visiting psychologist/ psychiatrist is considered taboo in Indian society, leading to increased mental health problems. Most of the people avoid sharing personal problems and issues, as that might expose them as being weak.
The ideal solution for someone who is depressed, anxious and facing problems at work or in personal life, is seeking a professional help of psychologist/ psychiatrist. However, most people are not aware of the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and hence are not sure whom to refer.
Let’s find out the difference between the both:
While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy and research, there are many significant differences between the two professions,which we will list in our separate blog but, one very important distinction between the two is , that psychiatrists can prescribe medications, while psychologists cannot. However, there has been a recent push to grant prescribing powers to psychologist. psychologist deal with therapies, counseling, and building healthy perception towards life. even in cases where medication is required, psychiatrist may refer the client to psychologist further, for complementing the treatment with medicines.
The next time you feel depressed, anxious or need help dealing with overwhelming social situations or difficult times, make a smart choice, consider professional help and feel safe visiting a psychologist/ psychiatrist. In INDIA, with increase awareness and education, people are outgrowing
this stigma and consider it a wise step to go ahead and take initiative toward better life.
Psychological counseling is a tool that creates success, it’s something everybody would need in their life. At each developmental stage, a person needs guidance and awareness as how to adjust with new roles and be successful. Hence, considering counselling and psychotherapy to deal with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, is a wise move.
Take that one courageous step towards life.
Get in touch with us for more information on how we can help you deal with major life problems.
Hi, I am a 27 year old female. I had sex with my husband last wednesday. I took an emergency contraceptive within 3 hours of intercourse. Since then, there is milky white odorless discharge from my vagina. It has been over a week and the discharge has not stopped. What do I do?
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any query