Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. JometYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe pain in my lower back and pain passes through my hip and legs followed by frequent numbness in legs and hands. I am unable to lift weights and I don't have strength in my legs. Pls suggest me what to do.
Good day to you For the past few years, there is something that is really concerning me. Im 22 years old, my knuckles crack alot. It happens itself. It started when I was around 14 years old. When I make my hands stiff and curl my fingers to make a fist, all my knuckles crack. I do not have any swelling or problems due to it, but it still really bothers me. What is this and why is it happening? Can it be due to malnutrition? How do I cure it?
After seeing the angiogram report one doctor says to go for open heart surgery whereas other doc says to put stent. How to get a conclusion as my family in distress. How safe is the open heart surgery. Pls advise.
I am 33 years old male and have some hairfall starting on top of my scalp. What can I do for regrowing my hair?
I am 33 year old male my weight is 85kg and I want to reduce my weight. I heard that free coffee bean extract will help in reducing weight ahts your opinion about that?
Hai sir am not getting properly sleep in night time. Trying to sleeping till morning but in middle sometimes waking up. If that day goes hard then am getting good day sleep. Please tell me the solution.
The male reproductive system is a complex web of blood vessels and tissue that ensures its proper functioning. Like any other form of tissue, it also has mechanisms which may allow it to heal or protect itself. However, sometimes the formation of scar tissue on the penis can cause problems by altering the shape and causing a bend in it. A severely bent penis due to the abnormal formation of scar tissue which may result in painful erections is known as Peyronie’s disease.
Symptoms of Peyronie’s disease
- Formation of scar tissue: One of the significant causes as well as symptoms of Peyronie’s disease is the formation of scar tissue under the skin of the penis. In fact, you can feel the scar tissues under the skin of the penis as hard lumps or a band of harder tissues compared to the surrounding areas.
- Problems in having or maintaining an erection: Peyronie’s disease is classified itself as an erectile dysfunction problem as it can cause issues with having an erection or keeping it erect for sexual stimulation to occur.
- Pain during erections: You may feel mild to acute pain in your penis whether you are in a flaccid or erect state.
- A noticeable and visible bend in the penis: Depending on where the scar tissues form, the penis may develop an abnormal bend which wasn’t present earlier. The bend may be a change in shape and may point to one side, upwards or downward. It may also narrow in certain points resulting in almost an hourglass like appearance.
Doctors are not exactly sure as to the reasons for the development of Peyronie’s disease but some of the common risk factors and causes are mentioned below
- Injuries: This is by far the most common reason due to which Peyronie’s disease occurs. Injuries caused due to sexual activity, sports or accidents usually result in the formation of scar tissues over a period of time that may result in this disorder.
- Genetics: Some times scar tissue may occur due to genetic disorders and thus may lead to Peyronie’s disease even without the influence of an external factor such as an injury. If any of your male family members has this disease, then you can develop this problem as well.
- Disorders of the connective tissue: Sometimes, certain muscular or degenerative disorders of tissue can also result in Peyronie’s disease and result in a bend in the penis.
- Prostate surgery: Sometimes effects of prostate surgery have shown to cause Peyronie’s disease after the healing process.
Treatments may include one or a combination of some of the possible methods mentioned below.
- Medications: Clostridium histolyticum is an effective medicine which can correct the bending by dissolving excess collagen within the body, including the scar tissue within the penis that causes Peyronie’s disease.
- Mild exercises: These may be suggested in combination with surgery or medications to help get the natural shape of the penis back.
- Surgery: There are multiple types of surgery that can be performed if the bend is too sharp or painful or if it is seriously affecting the normal functioning of the penis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.