Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Joglekar Jyoti BYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and stopped getting periods from last few months even though am not pregnant. Please suggest any medicines to help balance hormones and to regulate periods.
Hello, I am preganant, in 5 month scanning following impression appeared: bulky & echogenic foetal left kidney with multiple small cysts within. Mild pelviectasia of foetal right kidney. Do that time I have to take any precautions. My doctor told me that I have to do nothing for that. After delivery, you have to do scanning of baby's kidney. Is it ok or I have to take any precautions for that? please advice.
Hello Dr. my wife is approx 50 days pregnant Should we do sex or not and when should we stop doing sex.
Nicotine addiction or tobacco addiction refers to an acute dependence upon tobacco products primarily due to the presence of the nicotine drug. In other words, nicotine addiction refers to an inability to stop using tobacco products despite the knowledge and awareness that it is harmful to you. While nicotine only induces addiction, it is the presence of other substances in tobacco which makes it damaging and injurious to health.
Nicotine has the tendency to produce effects in the brain, both physical as well as mind altering, that give temporary satisfaction. This is precisely why people get hooked into the habit of tobacco consumption, which eventually leads to addiction. Unfortunately, stopping tobacco use immediately can also lead to several withdrawal symptoms, like agitation and restlessness.
The main reason why tobacco is so addictive is due to the fact that nicotine releases neurotransmitters such as dopamine in the reward centre of the brain, which in turn improves your mood and gives you temporary pleasure.
Causes of nicotine addiction can either be physical or behavioral, for instance situations or feelings, which make you crave for tobacco. These include:
- Specific times during the day, say after every meal or during breaks at work
- While defecating
- While drinking alcohol
- Stressful or depressive situations
- At the sight or smell of a burning cigarette
- Peer pressure
- While driving
Symptoms of nicotine addiction include:
- You are unable to quit smoking despite frequent attempts.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms after attempting to quit.
- You continue to smoke despite the awareness that it is injurious to your health.
- You forego social as well as recreational activities because of your need to smoke.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"
Hello mam meri wife pregnant us medicine abortion karaya hai lekin 7 days K bad usne test Kiya To wo positive bta reha h to kya kre.
Hii .I m married for 7yrs.Bt due to ovarian cyst i got irregulR periods.Nw i m havng period for 1month continue.I wanna get pregnant .But m.Not able to get pregnant.And here one local doctr told me to do open surgry.As my cyst size is bigger than orange.Duno wat to do morovr am working woman.My weight is increasing .M already bit faty.Pls help me.So that i can get pregnant
I've a big swelling in vaginal area probably at clitoris part. Its itching and also I've pain and unable to walk, sit or sleep even. Im 28f and would need some advice badly. I can't go to a Dr. as it being a private area I'm shy and scared to go and meet directly. Hope this q is kept private. Waiting for a reply. Thanks.
I am an 18 year-old female 4-5 days ago I had sex with my partner we did use protection but after the act we saw that the condom had been torn so I took an ipill. The next day after taking the ipill during another session his condom slipped down into my vagina so I had to take another ipill. Since then, I'm having a very strong burning sensation with pain every time I go to pee. There's a pain in my hole and an urge to pee all the time. What should I do.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.