Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jk ParmarYour feedback matters!
Am cleaning my teeth daily two times from child hood but my teeth still in yellowish wt should I do for that can you please tell me a suggestions.
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well thr .
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
I have a little broken teeth from front. In my childhood It got broken into half! I am very stressed and wanted to know that in future does this teeth is going to give problem? Does it going to pain? Any solution to heal this pain? I don't want to take off my teeth!
White spot in my tongue and pimple.In my stool test i have bad bacteria .What food i have to take it to control ?
My son's (age 7) front teeth (new) are widened which was not the case in his early years (upto 4) and one tooth did not come which is the reason for the gap I think. So, pls. suggest what should we do?
Mai tooth is paining from last 2 months bt in between the got stopped due to temporary medicines bt now I can't control the pain the tooth has become black what should I do plzzz suggest me.
Hi, I have mouth ulcer since past two months. I mean a blister over my right side of tongue. Please suggest me some sort of medication.
For last 10 days Im having swelling in my gums. It changes from place to place but not going out. So far im only doing salt water gargling. It is also not giving any relief. Suggest me some good medicine to stop this swelling.
I have brown spots as well as yellow. I used to brush 2 time in a day. But I don't have any profit. Please tell me whta I do to clean my teeth.
तम्बाकू से कोण सी हानिकारक बीमारी होती है मुह में छले कोण सी बीमारी से आते है पैरलल लाई स होने की कोण सी वजे है
I am 55 years old I can not eat hot and cold together. It gives me pain even if I eat like ice cream, please suggest.
Well, oil pulling is an ancient remedy that uses oils, such as coconut oil to clean and detoxify your mouth of germs and bacteria. It is one of the simplest technique, which you can do without a hassle.
To do oil pulling, all you have to do is take one spoon of coconut oil in your mouth for about 10-20 minutes every day and swish it inside the mouth. Swishing it will help remove the germs and all those small pieces of food that gets lodged away inside the teeth. Timing is the key here. Because you have to ensure that it is long enough to break through the plaque and bacteria and absorb toxins, but not so long that it reabsorbs toxins!
Spit it out in a trash can, as coconut oil can solidify in the drains! Rinse well with warm or normal water.
Once that?s done, it is recommended that you brush your teeth thoroughly. You will notice that your teeth will become smoother and shinier. Slowly and steadily, they will become whiter as well.
And don't worry! Unlike other practices, this remedy isn't based on pseudo-science. In fact, researchers suggest that it is actually beneficial and helps in problems such as gingivitis, plaque, microorganisms and reduce problems like bad-breath or gum issues.
While it is incredibly beneficial, it is recommended that oil pulling shouldn't be used as a substitute for regular dental cleaning. So, make sure that you are always brushing your teeth on a regular basis to keep your mouth cleaner, fresher and healthier than ever!
If you have any more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.