Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jitendra RajputYour feedback matters!
My newborn is 14 days old today and had mild jaundice of 8.9 on 8th day. Doc has asked to feed him every 2.5 hours. I have following queries 1. Sometimes he keeps on sleeping beyond 2.5 hours and does not wake even after trying hard. Is it ok to let him sleep a little more until he wakes by himself. Sometimes at night I feel so sleepy that I let him sleep for more than 2.5 hours. Please suggest if its fine. I feed him properly during the day. 2. Shall I keep tab on 2.5 hours or let my baby wake on his own when hr is hungry. I have tried it once or twice and noticed he wakes up anytime between 2 to 4 hours by himself. 3. How to know that my baby is recovering from jaundice? Docs say it takes anytime between 20 to 30 days. Shall I be taking blood test to confirm?
I am a 41 year old male, I was on depression medication for 12 years and consumption of alcohol for 22 years, both are stopped since last three months. 1. Gas and Acidity 2. Back pain 3. Weight loss / dieting 4. Pain all over body, like hitting with pin. 5. Heaviness in the head loose of balance 6. Recently started Migraine issues 7. Eye weakness, flickering at times. 8. Dizziness.
Hi, My 4 month old baby boy weighs 7.3 kg and birth weight was 3.150 kg is the weight perfect but he cries a lot and always need to be held by anyone and also takes neopeptine and gripe water twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries a lot and always unhappy and is he a high need baby or is it some stomach issues and is on Rantac and domstal syrup twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries and hate to lay flat even for nappy change please help.
My baby is presently 3 & half years old and I believe she got some psychological shortfall in her attitude as she behaves very unusual frequently wherever she belongs, irrespective at home or school or elsewhere. We, parents are deeply concerned about her ongoing. Nothing got productive even to see a specialist doctor. She always used to say" nothing feel well (kuch achha nehi lag raha hai)" despite presenting various mind game. Such a small kid & with such a manner looks very unimpressive and uncomfortable indeed! Feeding to her is the most awkward and troublesome job to us. The most crazy thing is that she used to cry and shout (bizarre) almost throughout the day which makes us anxiety and thus may lead to break her health. Nothing around us can make her anger/obstinacy/ irritation/impatience in control. FYI, nobody of our predecessors was hailed such kind of characteristics nor presently we belong. Our baby is everything to us, so please advise how to coup up with this situation and how to keep well my baby in the days coming. Is it curable or else need to treat other way? Thanking you with regards,
Hi Please suggest me proper diet chart for my 8 months old daughter. And how much time gap should be there between every meal.
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.
Helo doctor, Kindly tell you that my daughter is 4 months old and she has a problem of contamination. She takes more than 3 days to clear it. Please give some remedies for this solution.
My baby boy is just 10 months old. We had medically examined him and found that his hemoglobin is just 5.4. He is very much dependent on mother feed but we always try our best to feed him with other than mother feed. We use Cerelac, also nanpro as supplements. Please advice.
Ma child is a downsydrome baby of 1 years 5mnth. He started walk frm 1 yr 3mnth. He talks in his language something n all. He plays nicely. He comes to us when we call. Can I know that my child is like a normal child? Can he study in a normal school? Can he be like other children?
I have 1 month baby boy. But I have problem of feeding. For more feed of baby what I am do? please suggest something for come more feed for my baby.
My 5 year daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long time? I heard that using for the year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
Methi seeds are found to be effective in persistent coughs. Both leaves and seed equally help in cooling down body. It is therefore necessary that we continue consume more in our daily diet.
Today’s its also use in cosmetic and hair care products.
How to use:
1. Boils & Swellings : Leaf-paste , heated and applied when lukewarm
2. Anemic patients: 10 gm methi seeds cooked with 100 gm rice.
3. Hair Growth : Seed paste applied on head
4. Skin Diseases : Cooked methi leaves taken daily for a fortnights
5. Mouth ulcer, sore throat : Leaves Gargle 5-6 times daily
6. Pimples : Fresh leaf paste applied on face
7. Headache & Insomnia : 2tsp fresh juice of methi leaves along with 1 tsp honey taken daily for 10 days