Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jitendra Parikh
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jitendra ParikhYour feedback matters!
Hi I met minor accident few weeks before. Now I got some mark on L bow of my leg Still it's painful. So please help me how to recover this situation.
I Have skin problem in whole body, And the itching is irritating.Can I get rid of it, I have done all medicines but of no use, please advice
I have lots of dandruff on hair. Due to this my scalp keeps on itching. I tried anti dandruff shampoo. Can you please help me with this?
To Dr. Ms. Sumaiya Petiwala, Mam suggest me the medication prescription for oily dandruff bald patches and hairfall.
I am black in colour. My friend suggested me to take Glutathione injections. Is it safe to use. Or any side affects. If not any creams should be used.
Nail fungus is a very common problem. Symptoms include inflammation, swelling, yellowing, thickening or crumbling of the nail. It is usually not painful, unless the infection spreads. If left untreated, nail fungus can cause cracking, splitting and even complete loss of the nail. The good news is that nail fungus is curable and can be treated very easily. There are many specialized treatments required for bringing quickest recovery. Most people think that medications are the only solution in this regard, but this is not true as there are many therapies that are needed along with medicines so that speed of recovery can be boosted to a great extent.
Treatments for fungal nail infections:
- Antifungal medications: Nails are first tested thoroughly in order to get the confirmation about nail fungus. Both growth and reproduction of fungal cells are prevented by consuming these medications. Some of these medicines are used for topical or external application while others are taken orally. Some of the physicians suggest continuing, both types of medicines simultaneously for getting more powerful effects and quick recovery. However, there are a few probable side-effects that occur while taking these medicines and these include loss in taste, rashes, diarrhoea, itching, headache and others.
- Using antifungal nail-paint: Nowadays, you can use antifungal nail-paints so that the deepest layer of the nail can be well treated and infected parts can be healed quickly. But you have to continue the usage for a few months, or else, you will not be able to get the desirable results.
- Laser treatment: This treatment is one of the most powerful ones and can treat your infected nail with greater speed and accuracy. Light energy in high doses is used for treating nail infection in this case. The above treatments are really quite helpful, and you can choose any of them as per your necessity, preference and affordability.
Things you can do at home:
- Keep your hands and feet clean and dry
- Wear well fitting shoes made of natural materials and clean cotton socks, these will allow your feet to "breathe"
- Clip your nails to keep them short, use a separate pair of clippers or scissors for the infected nail
- Don't share towels and socks with other people, and ensure your towels are washed regularly
- Don't walk around barefoot in public pools, showers, and locker rooms, special shower shoes are available to protect your feet
- Consider replacing old footwear as it could be the source of the infection
- Treat athlete's foot as soon as possible to avoid the infection spreading to your nails