Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jimpu MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hi! I and my boyfriend had a unprotected sex, 3 days before of my periods. He did not released his sperm inside. Does I get pregnant?
My periods date was 28th of April and still periods doesn't happen. I had sex on 15th of April. Is there any condition of pregnancy. If there then me how to get rid of it.
I am in my 9th month of pregnancy. I am suffering cold lightly so please give me suggestion for home remedies.
Dark Chocolate May Boost Athletic Performance.
A flavanol in the cocoa bean and in dark chocolate called epicatechin increases the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to dilate and reduces oxygen consumption, which experts say can help athletes to maintain their pace for longer. In this study, cyclists either consumed a daily allotment of dark chocolate that was rich in flavanols or white chocolate. After two weeks, the cyclists performed a series of cycling exercise tests. The researchers found that the riders who ate dark chocolate used less oxygen when cycling at a moderate pace than to those who given white chocolate and they also traveled further in a two-minute flat-out time trial.
I am having pcos and I am taking Osure m of harmonica. In that the indegrents are myo instol mecobalamin and metformin. And that too much taking it from last 5 months. I become so bulky with this. And still having irregular periods. I am unmarried.
Can std like gonorrhea syphilis or chlamydia can take years to develop and show up in a test? If I am effected a year ago and go for testing but my result comes negative is there any chance that I might still have and its not showing in test?
My wife is 26 years old and suffering from pcos problem. We are trying for baby for last three years. After six months treatment she is getting regular period for last one year. She is suffering from vaginal infection. Her current period date is 19-9-2016. Her transvaginal sonography is done at 23-9-2016. Uterus is measuring 6.5*3.4*3.2 cm in size and appear bicornuate. Endometrial thickness is 3.8 mm. No intrauterine mass or fibroid is detected. Right ovary measuring, 3.4*3.1*1.9 cm (volume. 10. 8 ml ). Left ovary measuring 3.0*2.8*1.9 cm (vol. 8.73 ml ). There are multiple small follicles approx 3 - 5 mm size seen in both ovaries. No free fluid collection seen in cul-de-sac region. No pelvic mass or lymphadenopathy seen. Impression - bicornuate uterus. B/L polycystic ovarian disease. It is the report of my wife. Is something difficulties having bicornuate uterus to conceive. Please suggest us treatment.
My periods are delayed since 10 days and I m getting whitish discharge. Is dis prove I m pregnant or wat?
Getting hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically, these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again too much thinking, causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality.
2. Regularly use moisturiser/coconut oil over hands and feet at bedtime to keep the hands and feet soft and supple.
3. Weekly soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 20 min and pat dry and apply moisturizer/coconut oil at night would keep feet softer. In diabetics, please use plain tap water or lukewarm water temperature should be checked by someone else to ascertain the water temperature is just warm and not hot as some diabetics may have reduced sensations.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am married and I have 1baby and now coz of unprotected sex I feel pregnant in this 7 days but in pregnancy test its negative what should I do.
I'm 30 years old female. I have been experiencing pain in chest which then radiate to shoulders and arms. Mostly the pain radiates to right shoulder and arm. I have also located many painful nodules through out my body and mainly in both of my arms and breasts. I too experience a high heart rate with severe pain in left shoulder radiating towards left palm. I have consulted many doctors regarding my health issues. Some neurologist prescribed gabapentin for the chest and body pain and other general medicine doctor prescribed tramadol. The nodules were examined and they said it as FBD for breast nodules and lipofibrills for nodules present in arms. I have going through this pain for a long period, long as 5 years. Initially CT scans and MRI of my chest was done which were found perfectly normal. Another doctor said that my tonsils might have grown a bit and putting pressure on my spine. And that's why I might feel pain in my back. Now I'm confused as I have no idea what I'm suffering from and this pain is making me unfit for my day to day job. Could you please at least diagnose what I might be suffering from and which particular doctor I should consult.
Hello Doctor, My girlfriend is getting blood in urine. We had sexual intercourse 4 days back and thereafter she had an iPill (Contraceptive. What could be the reasons? Do we need to see a doctor? Thanks.
I am 22 years old, have pcod. My regular cycle date was 18 sep 2016 ,that day I had intercourse. And it's 20th Sep do not have my periods. And the semen was slight inside rest outside, should I take ipill?
मै अपने परिवार को लेकर बहुत परेशान रहता हूं मेरी पत्नी के बच्चे नही हो रहे हैं क्या करुं सलाह दीजिये
Hi Some times I have got some symbolls of pregnancy but till I am not pregnant from my period (55 days had pass to my period )
Female infertility is not really a rare condition, it happens to one out of six couples. Infertility is a condition in which a woman is unable to conceive despite efforts. There can be a number of causes for female infertility, including problems with ovulation, uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Age can also be a contributing factor to infertility. Following are the reasons that might be responsible for female infertility
- Ovulatory problems
- Cysts in the ovaries
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive alcohol or drug usage
- Eating disorders like bulimia or anorexia
- Excessive weight
- Enormous stress and pressure
- Thyroid gland issues
- Very brief menstrual cycles
- Damage of organs of reproductive system
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Scar tissues or adhesions of some sort
- Presence of polyps in the uterus
- A previous serious infection in the fallopian tubes or uterus
- Chronic medical illness relating to the reproductive system
- A previous ectopic pregnancy
- A birth defect in the uterus or fallopian tube
- The DES syndrome where in the infertility can occur to the offspring due to the medication DES is given to a mother in order to prevent miscarriage or premature of the child.
- Abnormal presence of cervical mucus can make it more difficult for sperms to reach the egg.
Now that the part about the causes has been discussed, it is essential to discuss the treatment. Are there really ways to reverse infertility in women to make them fertile? Well, in some chronic cases it is not possible; however, some are treatable by the following methods:
- In the case of hormone imbalance or endometriosis or short menstrual cycles, hormones are taken to treat the problems.
- Medications can be taken to stimulate ovulations.
- Fertility enhancing supplements can be used.
- In case of infection in any of the reproductive parts, antibiotics can be taken to remove them
- In order to remove blockage or scar tissues from the uterus, fallopian tube or pelvic area, minor surgeries can be performed.
Yes, there are some tips for prevention of infertility
- Taking all the steps required to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid intake of illicit drugs
- Having regular checkups with the gynaecologist
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Exercising regularly
- Having a healthy sexual relationship
This article is a short walkthrough on female infertility and answers most of the commonly asked questions. In case you have further questions, you can always consult a medical practitioner near you.
Why Women who have gone through ectopic surgery get very difficult to conceive normally and severe menstrual flow during periods?
Exercise helps sharpen the mind. Exercise improves mental functioning by enhancing oxygen rich blood flow to particular areas of brain during physical activity. It speeds up memory and boosts growth of brain cells and helps reduce the risk of dementia and mild coognitive impairment