Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jimit N ChodhariYour feedback matters!
Having ache at half part of head over one eye. Got eye checkup and that shows no eye sight issue. What should I do in this case.
Actually I'm feeling tired ness and when I get up I feel blackness while opening my eyes so what should I do.
I have headaches and I feel sleepy and tired everyday. I dont know what is happening? I am not able to open my eyes it hurts and my eyes become heavy.
I had my exams last week and due to which I was not able to get good sleep I could hardly manage to sleep 3-4 hours and now my eyes are irritated and pains what to do?
I have severe head ache, vomiting sensation since 3 days. I met number of doctors I am not get cured. Suggest.please.
My daughter right eye having 0.75 and left eye is normal. What to do. Required to were glasses and how to bring eye sight to normal any food/ supplements or exercise.
My eyes are getting pain after sitting of screen for sometime even using my specs. What should I do.
Sir I am suffering from catarrh (nazla from head to back of throat) from last 3 years. Earlierly I ignored it but now after searching from net I found it as a serous problem causing greying of my hairs and eyesight weakness slowly. Please help me doc to get rid of this. thanks in advance.
For past 7 months are around my eyes turn dark by evening and feel. Some stuffy feeling inside. I have been late sleeper whole life and tiredness of eyes have not affected earlier. Two eye specialist thoroughly examined me and advised drink water and eye drops and ointment to be applied in eye lid. This problem remains occasionally shows up with tired of darkness around eyes that show up some evening. I avoid bright screens and don't watch tv at all. Mobile and computer work that's part for last decades. Please advise.
Sir, I suffering sleeping problems, when I close my eyes for sleeping but I can't sleep, sir please suggest me medicine for solved this problem.
I have eye sight 6 and that is nearsightedness. Am I eligible for lasik surgery. If yes then what will be the cost?
I have colour blindness problem. What is the causes of this? But I noticed that I got this problem less than two years before. As well as lasik operation works for it and contact lenses good for eyes. Thanks.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?
Hello 65 I have diabetes and I have eye operation appointment in two days but they refused to do the operation because of my diabetes can you please help out with this.
What all should I add to my diet so that I can reduce the effect of hypermetropia on my eyes. I am 16 years old. I am a vegetarian.
Hi doctor, an having a pain on veins of muscle tissue which is beneath a fine line on area between testis and rectum. I commute daily 60 kms on bike. Please tell is it chronic, Why pain is occurring?
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.