Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jimit Mahendra ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 21 Years old Since my birth I didn' t have any eye problems but now a days am getting squint frequently. Two years before I practised to get squint jus for fun. I think those funs are the reason for my squint. And I felt severe pain in eyes. Even I can' t work for 5 hrs continuously. Dont know what to do. Is this disorder or some kind of vitamin deficiency? please suggest me some medicines to get cured.
I am suffering for glaucoma. I am using 9 pm eye drop. Please suggest me appropriate solution for this defect.
Sir I have suffered with the eye pains due late hours in office in front of office so please feel me the any remedy to free from that.
Sir, I want to join Indian army, and I am suffering from eyesight weakness, my left eye became weak and right eye is 5/6 , I want to remove my spectacle within three months, is isotane gold effective for the treatment or eyesight RX will be?
I had a specs from last 7 years my num is. 5 n. 75 but m not wearing that from last 6 year what should I do? I have to wear as continuous basis.
When I look at other things after working on my laptop, I see blurred images which gets clear after some time. Is this an eye defect?
Hi I am ajay mountain and I am suffered by eye infection my eyes become red for dust and wind, sun light.
Sir I am masturbating from last 6 years and my muscles are decreasing and my eyes sight also decreasing I can't see near objects very clearly and floaters come in front of my eyes. please help how to get my muscles back how my eye sight can be normal if I stop masturbating please provide medicine or anything to get back muscles and eye sight.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.