Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jigish V GhandhiYour feedback matters!
Sir I have myopia of -2 in right eye & -0.75 in left eye. Sir, please suggest me how can I improve my vision.
I am a 22 year male. My eyesight is very low. It reaches minus 5. Should I go for laser operation or should I wait for 2-3 years because I am preparing for some government jobs where operation is not allowed. Please suggest me.
From last two years I had been facing problem with my eyes. When I drive or go out, lots of water comes out from my eyes. What should I do?
I have weakness over a week and I have heayness in my eyes and I also have pain in my eyes. What should I do?
Hello sir, I have Eye redness without considerable pain but cream filling especially in the early morning.
I have issue in both of eyes are cherish red after a drink of coffee so what are the reason behind this?
If the eyes are feeling tiredness, cut a thin slice of fresh cucumber and put on the eyes. The eyes are precious so all possibility should be tried for its protection.
I am suffering with eye pain due to cause of dust and in eye there is formed a little bit of eg. Like a little piece of pimple. This was not curing, I am facing this problem since 3 years. Can you please help me.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My brother had a cut injury on upper eyelid and the fat tissues came out. Doctor stitched the same and after a week stitches are removed but problem is that he can not open upper eyelid. Is there any problem or it will be cured naturally with time. Please advise.
I have red eyes from more than 15 days due to late night studies. What should I do. please tell me sir.
My son aged 13 is experiencing continued flowing of water from his eyes since yesterday. He has washed his eyes about a 100 times but for no use. He is also feeling a slight irritation. Seeing a bright object like tubelight also makes water comes out from his eyes. Please suggest best remedy asap.
I have a problem of eye sightedness i.e the left eye get diverge even have low vision as compare to right eye which makes me so shameful I really feels awkward. Is there any treatment for such problem except operations. It's really a worse for me.
Hello sir/madam Myself Abhishek, 23 years old From last 3 days I am experiencing a itch in my eye, so I used to rub Everytime, and also tears generating only the infected right eye. Today I discovered that a small puss building up on one side of my right eye corner. Why is it caused .any immediate care should be taken? Please advise with a medicine immediately. Many Thanks.
Set wet body spray went into my eyes. What should I do. It is paining When I am cleaning with water. It is somewhat feel like relief.
1) Can visual impairment in only one eye cause lazy eye? 2) when I cover my one eye and see only with right eye then I see thing blurred (not too much but it is noticeable) can this be normal. Can this lead to lazy eye?
1.i want to know that can I use minor no. Different special as I found in check up left eyes report as below Sph -- -0.25 but my old spec is -- -0.50 2. What is Cyl. Point mean in that 3.what check they in machine by focusing our sight in a certain point 4. Can distance eye sight be checked by only machine and not manually changing lenses to read text in mirror.
15 Suprising things that your EYES can reveal about your HEALTH
During a comprehensive eye exam, your eye doctor does much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (Ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin A Deficiency
4. Brain Tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal Neuralgia
6. Wilson's Disease
7. Risk for Diabetes Mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis
9. Risk of Hypertension
10.Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (Toxoplasmosis, Rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple Sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary Disease (Marphan Syndrome, Homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (Facial Nerve) Palsy