Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jhon Mathew
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jhon MathewYour feedback matters!
I have melasma and brown spots. From one week I am using elosone ht cream. Can this cream is safe to use?
Make up alone cannot hide your age. To truly look younger, you may want to shift your focus on anti-aging products and techniques, which are available in plenty of options. However, most people have a fixed mindset that all anti-aging products are expensive while it is not necessarily true.
So, here we have come up with a list of 7 budget friendly anti-aging treatment techniques:
- Microdermabrasion: This process removes dry skin and smoothes skin texture. It also minimizes damage from sun spots and releases trapped oil. Microdermabrasion is an outpatient technique that involves exfoliating and vacuuming the flaky dead skin.
- Chemical peels: There are a number of different chemical peels available today. The peel most suitable to you will depend on the issues that need to be addressed. A peel involves the removal of the top most layer of skin and exposing the layer below it. This helps remove hyperpigmentation, sun spots and scarring.
- Botox: Botox injections are commonly used to fight the formation of wrinkles and fine lines associated with aging. A botox injection contains purified toxins that do not allow muscles to contract and hence reduce fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Collagen fillers: Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin elastic and firm. Collagen production is inversely proportional to age. This causes a loss of volume in the face leading to the creation of sunken spots. Collagen injections can be used to fill in these spaces and even out skin levels.
- Latisse: With age you could also lose your eye lashes. Latisse is an effective way to re-grow them and have longer and thicker eyelashes.
- Sclerotherapy: Varicose veins also become more prominent and unsightly with age. Sclerotherapy is the use of saline injections that turns the veins into scar tissue that eventually fades. In some cases sclerotherapy can be carried out by using lasers depending up on the size of the veins and how close they are to the surface.
- Laser resurfacing: This can be used to reduce wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars. It involves focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin to remove layers of skin. Laser resurfacing can be done either with a CO2 laser or an erbium laser.
Depending on the issues being addressed and the effects desired, each of these procedures may need to be performed more than once. This will affect the final price and hence it is essential to understand your treatment options completely before getting started with it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Chemical peel in a procedure of applying a chemical solution to your face to remove impurities and the outer layers of your skin to make your face look younger and more radiant. The amount of skin removed depends on the type of peel and the period of time it is left on your skin for.
There are three different types of chemical peels: superficial, medium and deep. Depending upon the skin problems you are experiencing and recovery time required after the peel, you can opt for any one:
- Superficial Peel: This treatment is an entry-level or a basic chemical peel which uses hydroxyl acid. It is called a superficial peel because it doesn’t remove too many layers of skin from your face. This treatment is opted for by people who have dry or damaged skin. This peel is a quick one as the seating requires only ten minutes. It also helps in getting rid of the superficial skin problems such as sun damage, dark spots, discolouration and hormonal damage. You need very little recovery time after getting this peel done.
- Medium Depth Peels: The trichloroacetic acid used in this chemical peel makes it more effective than the superficial one. This is because the acid penetrates deep into the skin to get rid of graver problems such as age lines, wrinkles and to reverse the effect of damaged skin from within. However, this chemical peel demands a longer recovery period as your skin can look sunburnt for about a week depending upon how fast your skin heals. Also, the side effects of this kind of peel are high as you might experience stinging and itching sensation during the recovery period.
- Deep Peels: They are the strongest and most effective type of chemical peel available as they help in getting rid of skin which is entirely damaged, deep wrinkles, scarring and deep lines. The acid used in this peel is usually carbolic acid or concentrated trichloroacetic acid which penetrates deep into your skin to eradicate all skin issues. However, the deep peel is very painful and your skin will take very long to recover from it. Usually, the recovery period ranges from 2-4 weeks but in some cases, people complain of burnt, red skin for months. Swelling, itchiness, scarring and scabs are common side effects of the deep peel. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.