Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jetheesha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JetheeshaYour feedback matters!
Ectopic pregnancy: Causes and symptoms
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
I am 25 yrs old. I am having irregular periods problem for 4months. By 4 months upto still I didnt get any periods. What can I do for regular periods? and what is the reason for irregular periods?
I suffered from stomach pain during periods. what I should do? and I also feels geedy during that time.
The female reproductive organ is an area of the human body where many microbial organisms inhabit together and it is a necessary requirement for its health. These organisms may include fungi and bacteria and play important roles individually in maintaining the pH levels (the acidic and alkaline balance) levels of the vagina. However, when one of these, especially the fungi go out of balance and begin to propagate, it results in a vaginal yeast infection.
A yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis is a fungal infection that causes extreme itchiness of the vulva (which is the opening of the vagina) and the further insides of the vagina as well. It may result in a white discharge from time to time and causes vaginal inflammation. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Pain in the vagina akin to a burning sensation while urinating or when having sex
- Rashes in the vagina
- General soreness and pain
- White odorless discharge, which is thick in consistency
- Colorless watery discharges can occur as well
- Swelling and redness near the vulva or the vagina in general
The type of fungi that causes vaginal yeast infections is the ‘candida fungus’. Usually, this fungus is present within the vagina, but is kept in check by the Lactobacillus bacteria. These are bacteria naturally present within the vagina and secrete acids, which keep the fungi in check. However, when the levels of bacteria are reduced, it will cause the levels of fungi to increase causing a yeast infection.
The below mentioned factors can aggravate the risks of this disease:
- Problems brought on by diabetes
- A compromised immune system
- Pregnancy may also disturb the balance
- Starting to use or stopping the use of oral contraceptive pills
- Hormone therapy
- Usage of antibiotics that may kill off lactobacillus bacteria within the vagina
Generally, yeast infections are not considered to be sexually transmitted, although yeast infection could be spread through sexual contact as well.
The primary treatment includes a course of anti fungal oral medication to lessen the levels of the fungi within your vagina. It could be supplemented with vaginal creams, which may reduce the itching and the inflammation. If you have recurrent infection multiple times within a year, then you may have to go for a longer course of treatment and correct the underlying conditions that may be causing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My right breast is producing milk like substance and no other symptoms found. M sure that I'm not pregnant then what is it. What should I do? Can these be breast Cancer. Kindly suggest me.
Doctor I'm age of 21 After my periods. I'M getting blood cramps n light bleeding till my next period date That means I need to keep sanitary or some cotton cloth everyday What is happening? Is it normal?
Why is Gynaecologic Laparoscopy so Revolutionary?
Designed to enable a surgeon to look into a woman’s pelvic or abdominal area for diagnosis or treatment, gynaecologic laparoscopy is fast gaining popularity as a minimally invasive procedure for a host of female reproductive health problems. This surgery is also commonly known as keyhole surgery.
In recent times, this form of surgery has begun to replace the conventional open surgery, as the latter poses disadvantages like greater blood loss or infection.
Depending on the purpose of the surgery, Gynaecologic Laparoscopy involves the making of one or more very small incisions (about 5mm in length) in the area that must be treated. One of the incision(or cut)s is used by the surgeon to insert a laparoscope (a lighted telescope) into your abdomen for seeing the insides of your cavity. Many surgical procedures, which were performed by making large abdominal incisions, are now being done using laparoscopy.
What are problems this surgical procedure is beneficial for?
The various health problems that it can be used to diagnose, treat or both are:
- Endometriosis (a condition that is characterised by the growth of endometrial tissue outside the uterus)
- Ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy wherein the foetus develops in the fallopian tube instead of the womb)
- Sterilisation (blocking of your fallopian tubes through surgery to prevent future pregnancy)
- Ovarian cysts (fluid-filled sacs that develop on the surface or inside an ovary)
- Removal of womb, also known as hysterectomy
- Removal of ovaries
- Fibroids (non-cancerous growths within or on the surface of the uterus)
- Gynaecologic cancers such as ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and so on
- Pelvic pain
What are the benefits you can expect from gynaecologic laparoscopy as opposed to open surgery?
- It is no more required to make large abdominal cuts that are required in traditional surgery, thereby reducing your recovery time
- You suffer from less pain and scarring as the incisions made are much smaller
- A faster return to your normal routine, usually within a few weeks
- Serious complications arising from this form of surgery are very rare
When I have Contraceptive pills khane ke kitne din baad timing ajata h kya usko khane ke baad bhi pregnant ho sakte h?
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.