Find numerous Acupuncturists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jethalal GosarYour feedback matters!
I am too skinny, please tell me, how can I increase my weight. And im not able to quit smoking, im smoking for 5 years.
Hii sir/madam I am 22 years old ,my weight is 30 kgs ,height 5.2, I want to increase my height and gain weight please suggest me.
Can we live longer like for a hundred years if we eat healthy and taking good supplements or superfoods, exercising etc. And lead a disease free life?
What should I do for the wait gain. My age is 35 with hight of 5.6 and wait is 55. Waiting for your reply.
My husband have saviour gas problem from which he has chest pain or knee pain or heal pain what should I do? He is also taking regularly homeopath medicine chelidonium.
Give me a proper diet plan for weight loss fast in 15 days. I want to lose 5 kg. Give me a exercise plan also. My weight is 55 kg nd height 152 cm.
I have very slim body nd low weight dats why I feel uncomfortable in front of those who are healthy. I do lots of things for gaining weight but no results. I want to be healthy nd look great, so please help me what should I do?
Deep frying, burning or charring foods may produce cancers
Regularly eating burned or charred red meat, similar to that cooked on a grill can increase the chances of pancreatic cancer by 60%, said Padma Shri, Dr. B C Roy National Awardee & DST National Science Communication Awardee, Dr K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India and Honorary Secretary General IMA.
Turning down the heat when grilling, frying, and barbecuing to avoid excess burning or charring of the meat may be a sensible way for some people to lower their risk for getting pancreatic cancer.
As per Dr Kristin Anderson of the University of Minnesota, charred meat contains several known cancer-causing chemicals, including heterocyclic amines.
Heterocyclic amines (HAs) are carcinogens produced by cooking meat and animal protein at high temperatures; metabolism of HA is influenced by polymorphisms in the N-acetyltransferase-2 (NAT-2) gene. Data from a variety of sources suggest that HA may play a role in human carcinogenesis and are liked to many cancers.
Anderson's team started with 62,000 healthy people and documented what they actually did eat. Over nine years, 208 were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. When divided into five groups based on how much charred meat such as hamburgers they ate, the people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer were far more likely to be in the top two groups.
They found that those who preferred very well-done steak were almost 60 percent more likely to get pancreatic cancer as those who ate steak less well-done or did not eat steak. Those with the highest intake of very well-done meat had a 70 percent higher risk for pancreatic cancer over those with the lowest consumption.
The mutagenic activity and the mass amount of heterocyclic amines responsible for the mutagenic activity have been measured in some cooked foods. Cooked meats are the predominant source of mutagenic activity in the diet with values ranging from 0 to 10,000 revertants per gram reported in the Ames/Salmonella test with strain TA98.
Frying at higher temperatures and for longer times produces the greatest mutagenic response, and thus concomitantly, the largest amounts of heterocyclic amines.
Non-meat products such as baked breads can also form significant mutagenic activity, particularly when overcooked. Commercially prepared hamburgers made from meat substitutes such as tofu, wheat gluten or tempeh and fried at 210 degrees C have up to 10% of the mutagenic activity of a fried beef patty cooked under the same conditions.
My weight is 33 Kg I want to gain weight fast within 1 month what type of diet and food I including to gain 45 Kg weight within 1 month suggest right.
I am 31 years female. I am suffering from Myasthenia gravis. Since 3 months I have taken Pyridostigmine 2/day and prednisolone 3/day and azathioprine 2 /day. After I take pills I am very tired. Kindly advice.
age 24 Yrs last one week exactly last sunday one Dog has bite to left leg just below (Back side) knee point it is very small size around 0.03 mm. Now what type of food I have to taken, can take non-veg items.
My mother in law weighs 115 kg. Also she is having gaps in her knees. It seems very painful to her while walking. She is bearing this from 20 to 25 years. What should be done?
I am feeling feeble todays. I dont know what is going with me but I eat daily diet foods. I dont know what I do. Will you help me?
Sir my weight 45 kg and height is 175cm. So my question is how to improve weight naturally I wait your answer.
Curretly i am feeling low Feeling tired and sleepy though I have a good sleep lack of interest in doing day today activities feeling body ache whole day. Please help.
Hello mam, I would like to ask you that having coffee twice a day or drinking tea twice a day is good for health?
Hello doc. Im going to start supplements for my physique. I wanted to buy whey protein and creatine to add them into my daily diet (ON brand). I just wanted to ask if there any medicine prescription needed for me ?
Nature has blessed us with some amazing and magical foods. Forget pills or supplements, these foods can give all that you crave for in life, a well-shaped body, a healthy mind and heart and a lot more. It is important for us to identify these foods and make them a part of our regular diet.
Believe it or not, bananas are one of these magical foods. This is a fantastic fruit, available in the markets throughout the year and is pocket-friendly too. From potassium to vitamin B6, it is packed with the goodness of essential nutrients. The best part about this fruit is you can consume it in different ways. Besides eating it alone, you can make delicious sweet dishes and milk-shakes out of it.
- Each banana (118gm) contains only about 105 calories, and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs.
- Bananas contain very little protein and almost no fat.
- The carbs in unripe (green) bananas consist mostly of starch and resistant starch, but as the banana ripens, the starch turns into sugar (glucose, fructose and sucrose).
- A medium-sized banana contains about 3 grams of fiber, making bananas a fairly good fiber source.
Bananas contain mainly two types of fiber:
- Pectin: Decreases as the banana ripens.
- Resistant starch: Found in unripe bananas.
Resistant starch escapes digestion and ends up in our large intestine, where it becomes food for the beneficial gut bacteria. Additionally, some cell studies propose that pectin may help protect against colon cancer. Bananas contain several types of potent antioxidants, including dopamine and catechins. These antioxidants have been linked to many health benefits, such as a reduced risk of heart disease and degenerative diseases. Bananas are often referred to as the perfect food for athletes, largely due to their mineral content and easily digested carbs. Eating bananas may help reduce exercise-related muscle cramps and soreness, which affect up to 95% of the general population. Bananas are also one of the most convenient snack foods. You can add them to breakfast yogurt, cereal or smoothie. You can even use them instead of sugar in your baking and cooking. Furthermore, bananas rarely contain any pesticides or pollutants, due to their thick protective peel. Bananas are incredibly easy to eat and transport. They are usually well-tolerated and easily digested, and simply have to be peeled and eaten.
- Keeps you smart and slim: It acts as a perfect energy booster. You get ample amount of calories by consuming a banana. A single banana can give you 100 to 110 calories instantly. Interestingly, it doesn’t add too much carb or fat to your overall diet. A medium-sized banana is most likely to contain about 30 grams of useful carbs and 3 to 4 grams of fiber. It is rich in resistant starch—a kind of carbohydrate that takes longer time for digestion, burning more calories.
- Takes care of your muscles: Bananas are rich in minerals like magnesium and potassium. It prevents and protects us from developing cramps in the muscles. It enhances the process of muscle relaxation too.
- Keeps a tab on your blood pressure: It is an ideal fruit for people with high blood pressure. It is because of the fact that bananas are rich in potassium. This mineral does wonder in reducing blood pressure. One gets about 400-450 mg of potassium (with no traces of sodium) from a single banana.
- Get gorgeous with a glowing skin: It is not just the citrus fruits that fulfil your body’s requirement of Vitamin C. Bananas are also a rich source of Vitamin C. This nutrient is essential for a healthy skin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the immune system of our body.
- Good for your stomach: Bananas are helpful in taking care of your stomach. They keep you away from gastric problems or disorders. Say thanks to the fructooligosaccharides (FOS) present in them. FOS acts as a probiotic substance, enhancing the growth of useful bacterias in human intestine. Consequently, eating a banana prevents you from gastric diseases. Further, bananas contain pectin which helps in beating constipation.