Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayshree ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from constipation about two years on and off. Sir please suggest me any medicine which completely clear my stored waste in colon. Sir I have no any hard stool pass. Sir please suggest me for permanent cure of abdominal problem. Sir I living very disciplined life yet I am suffering.
Sir, I want to ask be a question that recently I got accident with my bike and I got stretches on my body but this is not the problem, The problem I am getting after accident is that acidity problem.
I face stomach ache gastric trouble daily at night from last two weeks? What could be the reason. I sleep 12 o clock daily. Please advice.
Hello Sir, I have addicted to masturbation on daily basis I am masturbating 2 to 3 times a day and I feel depressed weak and has belly fat with gas trouble so doctor please help me to overcome my problem. I want my normal and colour ful days back so please help me.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a problem related to the large intestine and can be characterized by bloating, constipation, diarrhea and abdominal pain. People suffering from IBS experience a lot of discomfort and are unable to lead a healthy life. It may also aggravate symptoms of hemorrhoids, along with aggravating symptoms of stress.
Causes of IBS:
- Hormones: Hormonal changes such as the ones during menstrual cycles may aggravate symptoms of IBS.
- Stress: Any type of stress tends to aggravate symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Foods: Certain foods such as chocolate, spices, cabbage, milk and carbonated beverages may trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Illnesses: Various illnesses such as diarrhea or conditions such as overproduction of bacteria in the intestines may lead to symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Symptoms of IBS:
- Frequent episodes of diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps especially on the lower part of the abdomen
- Frequent constipation
- Abnormal stool structure
- Constant bloating
Things to take care of:
While medications are prescribed to relieve the condition, it is also advised to make dietary and lifestyle changes. Some of the things to keep in mind are:
- Drink sufficient water. At least 6-8 glasses of water must be taken during the day.
- Avoid tea and coffee
- Consume more fibrous food
- Avoid too much use of cheese and milk
- Exercise and stay physically active
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.