Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanth
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my left leg for around 10 days now. I had been operated upon the same leg 20 years back. I am experiencing pain every now and then. What should I do?
I am 62 years old and am suffering from diabetes for the past two years. I am taking glynaze mf as advised by my doctor. Even then i'm not able to keep it under control. I do walking for about 30 minutes every alternate day. Is this I am having severe back pain and pain in my hands. What should I do to control my diabates. Please reply. Thanks.
Hello, I am Dr Sajna. I am an Ayurveda physician and specialized in Panchakarma therapy. We are doing authentic ayurvedic treatment and special Kerala Panchakarma treatment. Here I want to talk about the Back pain management through Ayurveda. Nowadays back pain has become very common and people are not aware of its cause and the correct treatment. There are many reasons for back pain such as;
- Deficiency of Calcium and Vit-D
- After delivery
- During menses
- After menopause and much more...
For treating this problem, seek for a good doctor, know the main cause and start the treatment.
How can we manage back pain with the help of Ayurveda?
Here in the Ayurveda, we are treating back pain into two different ways;
- Shamana Therapy
- Shodhana Therapy
Shamana therapy is basically a meditation which helps in strengthening muscles, veins, nerves and helps in reducing swelling and pain. It is a drug treatment which includes massage. The medicine is poured on the swelled part of the body, in order to get relief from pain and swelling
The other one is Sneha Swed Therapy. It includes oil massage, medicated leaves. The massage with this mixture is extremely helpful in pain relief and selling treatment. It helps in strengthening muscles and give relief to nervous, also it reduces compression.
The second part of the treatment is to reduce the reoccurrence and the compression. That is the Shodhana Therapy which is also called Detoxification process. Here in back pain, we do three types of detoxification process;
- First is the Nasal cleaning. This is basically a cervical problem. In this, we pour some medicated oil or the decoction in the nasal for its cleaning.
- Second is for the lower back, that is, Basti and the Virechana.
Virechana is a loose motion process. This helps in cleaning the bawal and helps in reducing the pain.
- The other one is Basti. This is one of the main treatment in Ayurveda. It is a Panchkarma treatment, which is called Enema. There are two types of Enema- Oil Enema and Khada enema (decoction of medication). This Basti is helpful in reducing the vada which is accumulated in the lower back, causing the back pain. it also helps in reducing the compression.
Sometimes the pain radiates to the legs, which is called Sciatica or Gridhrasi.
So the main treatment is Panchkarma treatment which helps in reducing nervous compression, muscle relaxation and helps in reducing reoccurrence pain.
So this is a small description of Ayurvedic treatment for back pain. Yogasana is also one of the successful treatment for reducing back pain. Here we provide ayurvedic treatment in the best possible way.
You can contact me through Lybrate or visit my clinic which is located in sec 42, 43, near Rapid metro station and another centre is in sec 48, Sohna road.
I am 24 male and I am suffering from a backache badly from last two weeks tried few pain relief creams but no relief . Please tell what to do?
Mam recently underwent a renal angioplasty post which she has been having a severe backache. Please suggest what could be the possible reasons and how it can be cured.
I have back pain on 3 months. I met doctor and he scanned my body and checked the reports but no any problems and he give some medicines but it not control the pain. The pain is too heavy, it not leave to sit, walk and sleep. I do not know where can I go? What can I do? Pleas tell me anything.
I am suffering from back ache since a very long time. During night it gets severe and no medicines has helped me out to come over it. Suggest something that can get me rid of it completely.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!