Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayant R NadkarniYour feedback matters!
My grand son is one year and 4 months old. He has not started uttering words although he blabbers some times. He hears and responds well . He had problem in sucking milk from the beginning. Does it have any relevance? When do children start uttering meaningful words normally. Please advice. Thanks.
My son is a newborn baby aged one week only. He was born through c- section. He has not been advised any kind of medicine. He was diagnosed with jaundice and advised to keep in sundays only with no other therapy. He is on breast feeding only. My question is whether the baby should be given water in between two feeds or any burping is necessary. 2) whether diaper should be used in case of such one week old baby, 3) whether any baby talc, baby cream, baby oil should be applied or not 4) whether baby can be given bath or sponge only & 5) whether baby can be placed in baby cot or baby seater. 6) How long he can be kept in sundays with bare body.
Dear sir, My daughter have 7 month old, have cough and cold, There for I consult a physician and taking treatment. But still my daughter is irritable. The whole body having normal temperature, but only head is hot always. What is this? Is this a sign of grow of teeth?
Delivered baby on 1st. Flat nipples. Baby not latching on. Using nipple shield. Is it ok to use nipple. Shield.
I have a 20 months son. He is suffering from stomach ache due to small warm. Sometime when he sleep he feel itching at anus. I give him allopathic medicine but no improved. Is there any home medicine.
My son aged 9 years was referred to ophthalmologist since he was unable to read letters at long distance. Thus he has been detected with vision of following in Right eye UCVA 6/12, spherical -1, cyl -.50, Axis 115. Left eye UCVA 6/18, Spherical -.076, cyl - nil, Axis - nil Is this Temporary disorder or permanent one. How long will it take to correct it.
Sir, my 4 year old son suffering from calcium (hypocalcimia - kenny-caffey) and he was given rocaltrol 0. 25mcg (calcitrol capsules) every day. Is there any treatment to come over this problem ? Is it required to continue this medicine throughout his life period.
My son having loose motion since 17 days (7 to 8 times. Doctor prescribed vibact dry syrup and said its viral diarrhea (milk allergy_mothers milk) but there is no sign of recovery. And baby is healthy and normal. Please give alternate syrup and how to overcome from this.
I can't walk barefoot whenever I walk barefoot I feel giddy. Tell me the best treatment of this so can I walk barefoot.
Mere 25 days ke beta ka right kidney mei mild echogenic show kar raha hai. Iska matalb smjhate huye iska treatment bataye.
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.
Hi Doctor my Daughter (4.6 years) has fever since 5 days, last month she has detected typhoid of early stage then have given her dose of Taxim o forte 5 days. Now from past 5 days she is again fever when she sleep in night or afternoon. I has done test of widal but its came negative. Kindly suggest can I give her now azithromycin as prescribed by our doctor.
My son is one year old what meal timetable I can follow? He is only 8.5 kg. He is active but looks lean. Help me to provide the best meal timetable.
My son was diagnosed with hirschsprung disease at the age of 1 month baby and undergone 2 stage (pull through anal) surgery. He is now 7 years old and frequently goes to potty (at least 5-6 times) in a day. The stool is normal, but the thing is - he can't empty stomach at 1 sitting (the way normal human being) does. His school is going to started next week and I am very much bothered about his behaviour in the school (he just wets the pad without his knowledge) and school mgmt may complaint back to me. He doesn't have control of stopping it and now-a-days schools are very pathetic and can't even take care of cleaning or helping the child. I have visited at least 5-6 specialist doctors for 2nd opinion/permanent solution for this issue. Many of them says - its common and strict diet timings/food feeding has to be followed which we followed at home. Very much tired/disappointed with this life.
My daughter age is 6 years old but she do wet bed in night during sleeping. So please advise treatment.
- Prevention is better than cure as we all know, few tips eat plenty of fruits and vegetables organic as much as possible,
- Eat only fresh food avoid processed food and bakery products as they contain harmful food additives, avoid red meat if possible, sleep well minimum 6 hrs a day, avoid cold food if allergic,
- Do not use mosquito coils, liquid, do not smoke.
- Exercise daily as much as possible