Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya BathlaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I hv a prblm in my teeth that they are yellowish in colour. Please tell me any medicine paste or any other think.
I am suffering from a teeth problem and it is so painful. Please doctor give me some advice to cure this disease. Please doctor do the needful.
Hello mam. One year back I took a chip treatment. Then my teeth are very perfect and nice. After removing the braces I used retainers after 6 months I got a small gap between by front two teeth I consulted my doctor he kept cement between them with in one month that was gone so again I got a gap between my front teeth so please mam can you give me any advice regarding this.
I am having teeth gum problem. Maximum gum has become black visible when fold the lips for brushing. While brushing they give pain & maximum times they bleed. What to do in this case? I do not smoke & drink.
Hello I am Rakesh from chandigarh. I was using tabacoo and cigarette continues last 15 year. Now I left all. But because of using these my teeth are yellow. I want to wash.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.
I have filling in my tooth. Many persons says, if we use filling in tooth, the chemical will slowly goes to stomach and gives problem like knee and bones. Is it true or not? what to do if we dont want to take filling?
You may often find that no matter how much you brush your teeth or whichever teeth whitener you might use, your teeth still appear stained and your smile still appears dull. There are certain foods, such as coffee, alcohol like red wine, soya sauce etc. which can be considered obvious culprits. However, it is not only the foods that cause staining, several other factors contribute to this as well. Following is a list of 5 things which can stain your teeth sooner than you think.
1. High intake of tea
Research has suggested that tea, be it brewed tea, green tea or iced tea, causes a high level of staining in your teeth; often in levels much higher than coffee. This is because tea contains a high level of tannins and also high amounts of acid, which aid the staining process, and eventually lead to much yellower teeth and long-lasting stains.
2. Drinking high amounts of lemonade
Lemonade is rich in sugars and acids, which effectively lead to wearing down of the enamel and exposing the next layer called the dentin, which itself is yellow in color. This makes the teeth appear yellowish. In cases where the enamel coating on your teeth is thin, the acid erosion takes place quicker; often leading to stained teeth. This condition may often become permanent or semi-permanent, with modes of reversal becoming increasingly difficult.
3. Extended periods of medication-intake
Injuries or illnesses, which lead to taking medications for sustained periods, can negatively affect the flow of blood to the teeth. This may lead to discoloration and staining. Certain medications, such as cough syrups which are rich in sugars can, also result in yellowing of teeth.
4. Swimming for long durations
Swimming for prolonged periods usually around 6 hours a week in chemically-treated pools, can also lead to the browning of your teeth. This is because, often when you open your mouth and let water in, you allow certain chemicals to enter your mouth which can have adverse reaction on the tooth enamel. This ultimately leads to teeth corrosion and eventual staining.
5. Having excessive sugary drinks
Certain drinks which contain large amounts of synthetic food coloring increase sugar levels and aid the growth of bacteria in your mouth, thus causing tooth decay and discoloration of teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Sir/Mam. Day to day my teeth become yellow in colour, I thought stain affected my teeth. So tell me how to I'll get shining teeth. Is there any medicines for this? Can you say what is the treatment?
My upper & lower teeth (6nos) have fallen down. Is there any treatment to fix the artificial teeth. Please give your suggestion.
I am 22 years old, I have bad breath from past few years. I don't know what might be the reason, due to bad breath I could not speak to anyone properly. I use to take chewing gums every day. Kindly let me know how to cure this bad breath.
My gums are getting pulpy. And its also blooding when I eat meat and hot beverage. And also my teeth layer got yellow from lower side. Please help me.
My tooth decayed. Its been like 2 yrs. And its pains allot. Im really scared to consult a doctor coz of the pain.
I am facing too much bleeding from my gums despite I tried many things like lot of vit c, brushing my teeths every time I take food, maxirich vitamin tabs. & going to many doctors in past five years. Please suggest what I should take to finish this problem,
Jaw Bone substitutes are costly because IMPLANTS were DELAYED.
Implants are expensive because ROOT CANAL TREATMENT was AVOIDED.
Root Canal Treatment is taxing because CAVITIES WERE NOT FILLED IN TIME.
Cavities were not filled because of the LAZINESS TO VISIT DENTIST EVERY 3 MONTHS.
DENTISTRY IS NOT EXPENSIVE.IRRESPONSIBILITY IS!
Preservation is the rule,
Recreation is a custom!