Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Jay GoyalYour feedback matters!
My eyes are paining a lot because I have to work on pc for 5-6 hours and then I use mobile. What should I do for a better eyesight?
Hi I am unable to see in nights and my weight is so heavy can you please help me for that I am in so much trouble please help me.
I have irritation in my eyes frequently. My eyes waters sometimes on itching. It is uneasy. I get pressure on my eyes sometimes. Please help me!
My numbers in my eyes are -5.50 and -5.75. So what should I do to maintain my eyes. Is this condition really serious?
I have a sneezing problem. I keep on sneezing continuously. Which makes my nose painful n my eye red. M totally tensed. So what should I do? Is it an allergy or some other disease. please help me out. Thank you.
I have some ptosis kind of problem. My right eye looks different from the other one .so what can I do to make them look same.
I have red eyes from last 4 days and urine colour is pale yellow and also have weakness and vomiting what was the problem.
I suman 22 year old. My eyesight is becoming weak day by day. I have consulted many doctors. They only change the power of my spectacle. I am unable to see anything when I remove my spectacle. So please help me.
I am suffering from myopia How can I get my eyes back without myopia. Without surgery is it possible?
My daughter has problem in seeing the black board writing in school. Is it due to excessive use of mobile and laptop?
I get eye boils regularly and I have consulted an eye specialist according to him it's because of uncleanliness but according to me I am quite clean.
Sir, I am 19 year old and I am wearing sceptics from 7 years and my eyes no. Become fixed from 4 years and I want too fix my eyes by any means. My eyes no. Is -2.50 left and -2.25 right.
Hi doctors my focal length of my eyes are becoming low day by day. I can not see lines far from me. And the lights. Are seems to be a big flower . Its quite irritating. I am wearing lenses. Which helps me to see properly. But I want to remove them means. .i do not want to wera specks. Please give me some advice to have my eyes like when I was kid.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash