Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Javeri
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. JaveriYour feedback matters!
My husband 50 years male and have right shoulder pain for last 4 days . He used pain relief ointment for 2 days but haven't got any relief. What should he do now?
I am suffering from severe back pain, neck pain and legs pain which includes piercing pain in my toe fingers alongwith major swelling in my legs. Which doctor should i consult? is the problem related to nerves?
I am 26 years old male and having pain in my legs from last 10 days consult to various peoples and tried many things but nothing can takes place. This sudden pain started when I was slippingand nothing happens in my legs before that provide me something for this.
When I study sitting on chair, a pain comes from My neck and upper back. Is it a sign of spondylitis?
I am a soccer player and if pain in my shin bone is due to hard ground or an injury during playtime. Please help.
Hello sir. I am 19 years old. I am suffering from low back pain since two months it was started when my friend sat on my spine back suddenly and sat for 7 min after this I had severe pain in backside and my stomach pressed and became tight in lower abdomen unable to free it gradually my happenings: 1. At next day my total body is vibrates and unable to wake up feels so tired if eating wamthing sensation and sitting means severe acidity and sounds coming and no motion free. 2. For next 10 days seviour back pain unable to sleep if sleeping in comfortness feeling no sleep for 12 days and became so weak unable to eat, brush, walk, listen, write, speak, any thing felt un comfort daylong acidity water coming up if sit then becoming more pain in abdomen 3. next pain in hands seviour bones also if touching hands also pain it continued for 7 days next pain in upper thighs like tied with rope feeling in thighs and weighted feeling unable walk one feet also 4. Legs pain and if moving in sleep in body parts fracture like feeling and penis unable to control it is unable to lift if penis enlarging pain in it and surroundings 5. At present I am unable to whether there is connection between penis and my body stomach pain and back pain is not going day by day increasing pain but not curing where should I consult I already had-- scan in abdomen. X-ray in spine, blood test but all are normal then what is problem give me the solution Dr. Please.
Neck pain and stiffness can give you a harrowing time. From children to aged people, the condition is a common problem that can affect all and sundry. In addition to the pain and discomfort, the condition also restricts the head movement. The neck bones and muscles are important as they not only give support to the head but also ensures its free and unrestricted movement.
Stiff neck and neck pain can be an amalgamation of various factors such as
Our professional commitments often demand spending hours before the computer. The sedentary lifestyle is the main wrecker in chief, giving rise to many health complications, with neck pain and stiffness being one amongst them. Sitting in one position for long often results in muscle pull (tension) and strain. The muscle tension can also be an outcome of incorrect sleeping posture.
- Neck injury and inflammation sustained during an exercise or due to an accident can also result in neck pain.
- Neck injury followed by pain and stiffness can also be an outcome of Whiplash (a condition where a person suddenly jerks the head).
- Stiffness and neck pain can also be triggered by medical conditions such as Meningitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis (of the neck), Heart attack, Fibromyalgia (muscular pain particularly in the shoulder and neck area), Cancer (of the spine), Spondylosis, and Spinal stenosis, to name a few.
Seek a medical assistance in case
- The condition aggravates and persists for long.
- The pain and stiffness are sudden and unexplained.
- Pain that slowly moves down the arms and legs.
- In addition to the neck pain and stiffness, a person complains of a headache, nausea, vomiting, fever, difficulty in eating food, a bowel disorder.
- A lump (in the neck) accompanied by pain and stiffness needs immediate and thorough investigation.
Diagnosis and treatment
Neck pain and stiffness are often diagnosed by
- Physical examination.
- A lumbar puncture can also aid in the diagnosis.
- Imaging tests such as X-rays, MRI, CT scans, Electromyography
- Blood tests.
Depending on the severity, a doctor decides upon the course and mode of treatment
- The use of ice packs or heat pads (avoid very high temperature) on the affected area every 2-3 hours (for 15-20 minutes) can provide great relief.
- Gentle massaging can go a long way to relieve the pain and stiffness. It only helps to improve the blood circulation.
- Neck exercises and stretching play a pivotal role in strengthening the neck muscles, thereby reducing the pain and stiffness. However, in an endeavor to achieve maximum results, do not overdo yourself.
- Medicines such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), Tylenol, Advil, corticosteroid injections, come in handy in case of severe pain and inflammation.
- Use of a neck collar provides support to the affected area.
- Surgery may be recommended (very rare) in the case of serious complications.
- Some patients also benefit from Acupuncture and Chiropractic (alternate medicines). Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!