Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jatin Pankaj Shah
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jatin Pankaj ShahYour feedback matters!
Lycoene ellagic acide
Red - nutrients your body will love
Delicious reds range from sweet strawberries to spicy red peppers.
Fruits & vegetables:-
Cucumber, scientific name Cucumis sativus, belonging to the plant family Cucurbitaceae, has been a winner from the word go. From hunger pangs to skin care, cucumber has never disappointed. While most of the people consider it a healthy practice to have the cucumber peeled before eating, the truth is just the opposite. The health benefits of unpeeled cucumber are beyond imagination. Unfortunately, not many people are aware of this. In this article, we will discuss the health benefits associated with unpeeled cucumber.
- Keep constipation and related problems at bay: If constipation has been giving you sleepless night, worry no more! The answer to all your problems lies in unpeeled cucumber. The cucumber peel is laden with insoluble fiber that goes a long way to improve the conditions of constipation and associated discomfort. For those with hardened stool, the inner part of the cucumber comes as a great relief. A rich source of soluble fiber, it works towards softening the stool. All in all, the unpeeled cucumber aids in preventing digestive and bowel related problems.
- An unpeeled cucumber a day keeps the ophthalmologist away: Not known to many, but the cucumber peel is an excellent source of Vitamin A (beta-carotene). For a healthy vision and eyesight, Vitamin A is important. When you peel the cucumber, the beta- carotene goes straight down the drain, a mistake that can cost you dearly.
- Get rid of the stubborn and unwanted fats: For those into dieting, hunger pangs and food cravings are inevitable. You feel like munching something at every short time interval without affecting the calorie content. An unpeeled cucumber is extremely low in calories (each slice containing ~ 1-2 g of calories). The next time, the hunger pangs come to haunt you, a slice or two of unpeeled cucumber is what you should munch on.
- Slows down the signs of skin aging: Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) comes as a blessing for the skin. It plays a pivotal role in reducing and slowing down the signs of skin aging by protecting the skin from the harmful oxidative damage. It also acts as a catalyst, accelerating the collagen production. The unpeeled cucumber, rather the cucumber peels are a rich source of ascorbic acid, peeling which you rob the skin of an essential vitamin.
- Source of important vitamins: The unpeeled cucumber is also an important source of Vitamin K or blood clotting factor. The health benefits of vitamin K are not new. In addition to regulating the clotting of blood during an injury, Vitamin K is also involved in the mineralization of the bone (thereby reducing bone loss and associated problems). It also ensures the healthy functioning of the brain and may be instrumental in avoiding certain types of cancer.
- Source of Minerals: The cucumber peels are also laden with magnesium, a mineral known for its benefits. From fighting insomnia and migraine related headaches to relieving muscle spasms, improving the digestion to soothing the nerves, magnesium does these all and a lot more.
With so many health benefits, the next time you eat a cucumber, make sure it is unpeeled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am getting married this month. We would like to have children after 2 years. Can you suggest best method?
I got my periods on 29 january for da month o feb I got my periods fast. So wen do I expect my next period?
I am 20 years old taking a tablet of ovabless daily. I had sex on 1st and 6th april and took I pill on both days. I got my periods on 13 april i.e. My regular date. I had sex on 26th april but condom slipped so I took another ipill and there wad bleeding on 3rd may till 6th may. Again had sex on 26 may but condom broke so took ipill and bleeding came on 4th june which lasted 3-4 days. I had sex after that but protected and last date was 29 june. I didn't had my periods till date. I used 8 urine pregnancy test till now each one showed negative. But I have experienced crams in stomach as if my periods are about to come but they doesn't and white fluid discharge from vagina. What should I do?
How to get hair growth She is having diabetic , thyroid and Pcod Very huge hair fall What should do or take to increase hair.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.