Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Is hash and weed harmful for our body. And how much is it harmful. I need a described answer Thank you.
My husband has sugar for the past 14yrs. There is always fluctuation in sugar levels. Please suggest me some remedy and what diet should be given to him?
My digestive system is always work very bad. Whenever I eat any thing of market there is problem of loose motion. For that what should I do?
I am 50 years old male. I am suffering from Wilson disease coupled with cirrhosis of liver. At present I am administering Atramine 250 mg (2-0-1), Ciplar LA 40 mg (1-0-0), Benadon 40 mg (1/2-0-0), Folvite 0.5 mg (0-0-1) and rivotril 0.5 mg SOS (at night). Do you have any special advice for me?
Sir, I am having headache since 2 days. I have tried to cure it by sleep but it is not working. Is it due to excessive gaming?
I am 35 years old and suffering from diabetes and I am taking insulin and my weight is 85 kg .my problem is I am having fever chills fatigue sinus problem and pain behind my neck and feet. I have taken xray and blood test and in that lymphocyte is showing 46 percent and fever chills and sinus problem is not going and I have taken medicine like xykaa1000, hicetax and gembast320 and now I am taking doxolin400 and lorfastmt at night and I am not getting relief. I am feeling pain behind my chest and there is cough and the colour is white and I have pain in my sinus area and no appetite and while walking I am feeling pain in ankle and feet. Little difficulty in breathing is there and pain come and goes from chest side and back. Pls suggest what the cause.
I am 50 years and losing my sexual energy, feeling early ejaculation, hardness and erection of penis not strong as 5 to 7 yrs ago. Please advice to get rid of this ?
‘Head lice’ are insects that feed on the blood of your scalp. This condition usually affects children and is moderately contagious. Contrary to popular belief, head lice does not occur due to poor personal hygiene.
The symptoms of head lice are:
1. Presence of lice on scalp: Lice are small insects that are usually hard to spot. But their infestation can be felt because you experience intense itching on the scalp.
2. Itching: There will be intense itching on the scalp and the neck. This itching occurs due to the saliva secretion by the lice that the skin is allergic to. Usually, the itching starts after 3 to 6 weeks of infestation.
3. Lice eggs: The lice eggs stick to the shafts of the hair. They are very hard to spot as they are small and well camouflaged.
What can be the reasons behind their infestation
This condition is contagious; apart from direct contact with the scalp of an infected person, this condition can also spread if you happen to share the below mentioned items with an infected person:
6. Accessories for the hair
The treatments for hair lice are:
1. Over- the counter (OTC) products: OTC products are made from ‘pyrethrin’, a compound extracted from the ‘chrysanthemum’ flower. ‘Pyrethrin’ works as an insecticidal compound and it is advised to use these medications only after washing your hair with a shampoo. Vinegar may also be used to loosen the nits from the hair shafts.
2. Prescription medications: Certain medications can also be prescribed by the doctor, such as benzyl alcohol and lindane.
Certain home remedies for head lice include:
1. Essential oils: Apply oils such as Anise oil or tea tree on the scalp; these oils act as toxins for the lice.
2. Wet combing: This is a method wherein the wet hair is combed using a fine toothed comb to remove the nits and the lice. Repeat the procedure for 3-4 days every week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.